Jaworski Picks Jets as Landing Spot for Manning

flgreen

ManningWatch: Ron Jaworski picks Jets

February, 20, 2012

Feb 20

5:25

PM ET

By James Walker

nyj.gifESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski knows who he likes in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. "Jaws" told radio station 97.5 in Philadelphia that the New York Jets would be the best fit for the future Hall of Fame quarterback.

"I think it's best for Peyton to go and play on a team that can compete for a Super Bowl," Jaworski explained. "A team that might be a quarterback away from elevating that team to Super Bowl status, and I think that would be a win-win situation."

When asked to pick a team, Jaworski said, “The New York Jets. I love [Jets quarterback] Mark Sanchez, and there are 25 other quarterbacks in this league that I would take Peyton Manning over. There's a turf war in New York. The Giants just won the Super Bowl. The Jets are fighting for every inch of space they can get in the newspaper. How do you get that inch? How do you get the headlines? You sign Peyton Manning."

This sounds decent in theory, but Jaworski has overlooked several key factors.

For starters, New York currently has little cap room to make an acquisition like Manning. The Jets would have to cut a lot of veterans to make enough space to fit the perennial Pro Bowler on the roster. Second, the Jets have said publicly that Sanchez is their quarterback next season. If New York goes after Manning, that would look very disingenuous towards Sanchez.

Probably two-thirds of the league would like to have a healthy Peyton Manning at quarterback. But there's only a few teams -- the Dolphins, Cardinals, Redskins, Seahawks -- with a legitimate shot to pull it off.

The Jets are not one of those teams.

Yep.. credibility meet toilet.

Watch how he fans the the Manning flame while at the same time saying "he loves Mark Sanchez"...he's just another media douchenozzle more worried how to sell papers/watch my show..."there's a turf war in New York"..."fighting for every inch in the newspaper"...sounds like an old Rocky movie...

ManningWatch: Ron Jaworski picks Jets

February, 20, 2012

Feb 20

5:25

PM ET

By James Walker

nyj.gifESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski knows who he likes in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. "Jaws" told radio station 97.5 in Philadelphia that the New York Jets would be the best fit for the future Hall of Fame quarterback.

"I think it's best for Peyton to go and play on a team that can compete for a Super Bowl," Jaworski explained. "A team that might be a quarterback away from elevating that team to Super Bowl status, and I think that would be a win-win situation."

When asked to pick a team, Jaworski said, “The New York Jets. I love [Jets quarterback] Mark Sanchez, and there are 25 other quarterbacks in this league that I would take Peyton Manning over. There's a turf war in New York. The Giants just won the Super Bowl. The Jets are fighting for every inch of space they can get in the newspaper. How do you get that inch? How do you get the headlines? You sign Peyton Manning."

This sounds decent in theory, but Jaworski has overlooked several key factors.

For starters, New York currently has little cap room to make an acquisition like Manning. The Jets would have to cut a lot of veterans to make enough space to fit the perennial Pro Bowler on the roster. Second, the Jets have said publicly that Sanchez is their quarterback next season. If New York goes after Manning, that would look very disingenuous towards Sanchez.

Probably two-thirds of the league would like to have a healthy Peyton Manning at quarterback. But there's only a few teams -- the Dolphins, Cardinals, Redskins, Seahawks -- with a legitimate shot to pull it off.

The Jets are not one of those teams.

That line makes no since at all. how could the jets go out and say "YES! we want manning, and if we dont get him we'll stick with sanchez." that would ruin Sanchez. they have to say that Sanchez is they're man! if they don't and go after Manning and miss out on him then where does that leave them? does this guy now know what he's talking about?

My Lord Please..>

I Swear, No one Under the age of 30 gets this:

• We can not afford him - $36 Million a year would get rid of 5 veterans JUST TO KEEP HIM FOR 1 Year
  • We really can not afford him even if we get him to restructure - how do we pay for a decent backup QB When if we get him, we have to get rid of Sanchez due to cap room?
  • He does not play Rex/Sparano's type of offense & miscomunnication is something we do not need right now
  • We do not know the true damage to his spine - a major hit & we get left without a good backup & a F-Up season(s)
  • We do not know if he can even play this year or even if he needs at least 2 years of rehab, just to get ready

And the "Girl Crush" for a former Superstar no longer in his prime (he isn't) continues... :blowup:

Archived