Jets Considering Bringing Back OLB Bryan Thomas

JetNation

Post image for Jets Considering Bringing Back OLB Bryan Thomas

According to the New York Post, the Jets are contemplating an offer to unrestricted free agent linebacker Bryan Thomas:

The Jets are considering re-signing free agent outside linebacker Bryan Thomas, according to two sources.

Thomas missed most of the 2011 season with a torn left Achilles tendon, but he has been rehabilitating the injury and expects to be 100 percent for next season.

Thomas could fill a big hole for at least one more year while the Jets try to develop younger players.

di
di

GFXGvrOEf9U

View the full article

Thomas was on his way to a good season before he went down. If he is fully recovered, why not sign him on the cheap? He is not going to command much on the open market and could very well turn out to be a real bargain. For little money we could do much worse as a stop-gap.

oops i mean bt admitted he didn't play hard

Yeah, but he's been really solid since. I like a person who can admit to not giving a great effort and change. Usually at that point the persons got so lazy they can never recover.

I hope it's a one year deal because of his age. Isn't he 34? I thought they wanted to get younger.

He'll be 33 in June. It wouldn't be a bad move, if it only counted $600k on the cap, to have a veteran on the roster. They can/will draft someone to play the position but who knows the learning curve of that person. Look at the last second, third, and fourth round picks the Jets have had: Ducasse, Ellis and Powell. They haven't done much up till now. This doesn't mean they can't but it may take a year or two, or in Ducasse case NEVER to develop.

Thomas could bring some stability to the position while the team transitions new players.

Ohhhh. I thought he was going be 34/35, but since he's only 32/33 I don't mind as much re-signing him, at least for a year or two. I felt that Pace would be more effective with someone on the other side after Thomas went down, this might help a lot more than just being a stop gap kind of deal.

Archived