Major League - Game Thread

Sharrow

Only some of us are baseball players. Some are not. That's the result I would have gotten before. Now I get Town/not town.

As far as Tina no. I'm not voting for her... even for Vic. If lynching her makes me lose the enhancement again then its not worth it even if Vic is scum. Trading one player plus the cops full power is not worth it for one scum. Not taking that risk.

Vic.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm offering up myself here. Lynch Tina. If she's not scum or non-town speed lynch me the next day. I can't elaborate on it, and I will 100% offer myself here.

Maybe you can elaborate a little bit more?

Only some of us are baseball players. Some are not. That's the result I would have gotten before. Now I get Town/not town.

As far as Tina no. I'm not voting for her... even for Vic. If lynching her makes me lose the enhancement again then its not worth it even if Vic is scum. Trading one player plus the cops full power is not worth it for one scum. Not taking that risk.

Vic.

Do you know how this enhancement works? Do you know you'll lose it if Tina dies? Do you know for certain that she didn't provide both the enhancement and the role block? (that would be a neat trick)

I think we need to hear more from all three of you.

Verbal (2) - AVM, Hess

Vic (4) - Brett, Crusher, Ape, Naeann

Tina (2) - Vic, Slats

Migsi (1) - Tina

AVM (1) - SMC

SMC (1) - Migisi

Not Voting (4) - JC, Verbal, Leelou, Smash

With 15 alive, it will take 8 votes to lynch

Vic.

I'm town, and I'm not a baseball player. Look at 80's character, anyone familiar with the movies can figure out quite quickly who I am.

This elaboration isn't really telling us anything.

Also, Pac's character - the SK from the Yankees - he WAS a baseball player. Not town.

Do you know how this enhancement works? Do you know you'll lose it if Tina dies? Do you know for certain that she didn't provide both the enhancement and the role block? (that would be a neat trick)

No I don't know if I'd lose it if she dies.. it's not a risk I'm willing to take. I got the pm's at very different times so I'm assuming that she did not do both but I don't know for certain.

I'm town, and I'm not a baseball player. Look at 80's character, anyone familiar with the movies can figure out quite quickly who I am.

This elaboration isn't really telling us anything.

Also, Pac's character - the SK from the Yankees - he WAS a baseball player. Not town.

Exactly. Tina also is not a baseball player. I was told in the orginal pm to take caution with any findings because knowing somoene was or wasn't a baseball player didn't neccesarily mean scum or town.

With the enhancement that Tina admitted was her.. I now can find if someone is town or scum. That's why I'm not willing to try Vic's suggestion and kill Tina because if her death takes away the enhancement she gave me then I'm basically worthless. Which is exactly what scum would want therefore my vote stays on Vic.

No I don't know if I'd lose it if she dies.. it's not a risk I'm willing to take. I got the pm's at very different times so I'm assuming that she did not do both but I don't know for certain.

You understand it looks kinda weird from the outside, right? Here we have you telling us you have enhanced abilities, with Tina claiming the responsibility for that enhancement, yet you have no results. Meanwhile, Vic is ready to sacrifice himself to lynch Tina for reasons he can't elaborate on.

Did you know there was a player out there who could improve your power?

I'd like to hear from Tina about her enhancing abilities, and also more elaboration from Vic.

I can't and that's really all I can say. I think you guys know me well enough that when I take a stand this obviously I believe in something strongly enough. I understand the "trust me" case does not really every work in mafia but it's early enough on in the game. Tina's lying. If you have to lynch me first fine, go nuts.

Exactly. Tina also is not a baseball player. I was told in the orginal pm to take caution with any findings because knowing somoene was or wasn't a baseball player didn't neccesarily mean scum or town.

With the enhancement that Tina admitted was her.. I now can find if someone is town or scum. That's why I'm not willing to try Vic's suggestion and kill Tina because if her death takes away the enhancement she gave me then I'm basically worthless. Which is exactly what scum would want therefore my vote stays on Vic.

Based on the information you are giving us...

You are saying that unless Tina found you and enhanced you, you would have been a cop that couldn't get town/scum results. Only AFTER Tina finds you are you able to do so?

That doesn't add up. We could have gone the whole game without a cop reveal, then both your role and hers are useless to us.

Tina, now that you are out in the open - what more can you tell us about YOUR role?

Are you willing to lynch Tina based on Vic's sacrifice knowing it could mean basically losing the cop? Is one mafia worth one innocent plus disabling the cop? No I don't know that it would disable me but I'm not about to risk it just because Vic would sacrifice himself. Lets lynch him first if hes so willing to die. It sounds far too much like convenience once Tina revealed what I already said.. that someone enhanced me. Of course scum would be willing to give up one of their own to disable a cop.

How the hell am I supposed to have results when I was roleblocked? Thats like saying I understand you are telling us you are a girl but I'm blind so I can't tell.

So, looking at the kills...

Do we think scum shot 80 to vet me? That doesn't seem to make sense, imo. Was this perhaps a vig kill? No offense to 80, but he isn't exactly at the top of the list of threats to scum when he's town, and I don't know what scum team vets a townie. Unless its fill with schmucks that wanted to vet ME so they could let me bulldoze a few more lynches as a confirmed townie... then GFY to scum team. A-holes.

Pac obviously shot JIF, so they both died.

So, looking at the kills...

Do we think scum shot 80 to vet me? That doesn't seem to make sense, imo. Was this perhaps a vig kill? No offense to 80, but he isn't exactly at the top of the list of threats to scum when he's town, and I don't know what scum team vets a townie. Unless its fill with schmucks that wanted to vet ME so they could let me bulldoze a few more lynches as a confirmed townie... then GFY to scum team. A-holes.

Pac obviously shot JIF, so they both died.

Twofer possibility?

I can't and that's really all I can say. I think you guys know me well enough that when I take a stand this obviously I believe in something strongly enough. I understand the "trust me" case does not really every work in mafia but it's early enough on in the game. Tina's lying. If you have to lynch me first fine, go nuts.

Point made.

Unvote

Are you willing to lynch Tina based on Vic's sacrifice knowing it could mean basically losing the cop? Is one mafia worth one innocent plus disabling the cop? No I don't know that it would disable me but I'm not about to risk it just because Vic would sacrifice himself. Lets lynch him first if hes so willing to die. It sounds far too much like convenience once Tina revealed what I already said.. that someone enhanced me. Of course scum would be willing to give up one of their own to disable a cop.

How the hell am I supposed to have results when I was roleblocked? Thats like saying I understand you are telling us you are a girl but I'm blind so I can't tell.

How would Tina dying mean we lose the cop? Also, how do we know Tina isn't scum that visited you to RB you and Vic is the one that enhanced you? Tina might have just tried to take credit for it, in case there was a town watcher that has a laundry list of all the peeps that visited you last night.

Also, why didn't you mention the fact that you were basically a cop waiting to be activated?

Can you quote the statement where Tina lied?

Guys all I can say is I'm roleless. That's all I can say.

How can you be roleless and determine she is lying?

How would Tina dying mean we lose the cop? Also, how do we know Tina isn't scum that visited you to RB you and Vic is the one that enhanced you? Tina might have just tried to take credit for it, in case there was a town watcher that has a laundry list of all the peeps that visited you last night.

Also, why didn't you mention the fact that you were basically a cop waiting to be activated?

I'm going off the assumption that she(person who enhanced me) is what makes my power fully work and that losing her(character wise not player wise) would make it revert. I don't know this for a fact. If I revert back to just finding out if a person is a baseball player or not I'm essentially worthless.

As to the second question.. I wasn't told I had to be activated.. only that my power was limited. I had nothing telling me a player or thing happening could make it become anything more than it was. I was slightly annoyed that I had a confusing handicap.

Good question...also Vic couldn't be the watcher cause he specifically stated she lied which means Vic is either the enhancer or?

Wonder why Slats first follows Vic blindly and then after some posts asks him to tell us more.

I had not planned on saying anything about my role unless I got closed to being lynched, then Nae would have been able to help me out. But Nae told about someone helping her out so I figured I need to tell it was me right away so no one else (read mafia) would claim before me.

Vic bothers me. I can´t understand his actions.

Never be sorry for killing Jif.

I am going to vote Vic... same reasons as yesterday -- there isn't much to gain from yester day/night. Nolderp was Nolderp, we could already assume 80 was town because of his claim, and 80 is 80, so no new insights by re-reading his posts... and Pac was a SK so nothing to gain from him... so, I feel best about Vic still unless Nae says otherwise.

^^^ Holy run-on.

This post reeks. Not much to learn? 80 dies, flips town and no mention at all that it more-or-less vets me?

80 and I concur. This Brett Fagolavre fella, he's dirty.

Can you quote the statement where Tina lied?

How can you be roleless and determine she is lying?

I'm trying to figure out if Vic was the enhancer, and it was a 1-time power, which would make him roleless now.

What doesn't add up is that AFTER Nae claimed Cop on D1, Vic still wanted to vote her during the mock-emo-feud thing they were doing.

unvote

meh. Don't like voting either of them, to be honest.

unvote vote: Nolder

Let's just get on with this, Hess and Nolder have the high trains, and I'll pick Nolder.

The undertone of AVM toiling over the Hess and Nolder trains, to only later express a lack of giving a sh*t and voting Nolder pinged a bit. Reminded me of how he played the middle when I was scum with him in Avengers.

How big is your room?

For some reason this made me lol.

Unvote. Vote Nolder. Not that much has happened in this game so far but he is still safe voting Ape.

If no one else wants to vote Pac I could switch back to Nolder.

Edited for bad spelling.

Unvote. Vote Nolder.

Like JIF I am somewhat suspicious of Migsi.

Tina's contributions so far are troubling as well. Putting aside this Vic, Nae, VM, Tina day 2 antics/reveals. Tina seems more concerned with voting to please the majority, than following her own stated suspicion of Migsi (however, she only said she was suspicious of Migsi after others said it as well.)

Feels like scum play to me. Just sayin'

I'm offering up myself here. Lynch Tina. If she's not scum or non-town speed lynch me the next day. I can't elaborate on it, and I will 100% offer myself here.

Hmph. Early in the game - might as well play along.

Vote: Tina

Wonder why Slats first follows Vic blindly and then after some posts asks him to tell us more.

I had not planned on saying anything about my role unless I got closed to being lynched, then Nae would have been able to help me out. But Nae told about someone helping her out so I figured I need to tell it was me right away so no one else (read mafia) would claim before me.

Vic bothers me. I can´t understand his actions.

You jumping up and saying it was you that enhanced Nae creates a big wifom, re: your motivations to do so. You could just as easily be scum doing what you are saying you are afraid scum might have done there.

With there being a good chance that there is a tracker/watcher set of roles. I'd think a doc, roleblocker, and this so-called enhancer all visited Nae last night. So, if Nae is cop, the scum team will know who visited her - and who they want to setup today.

Lets say you are the enhancer, Vic gets us to lynch you. You flip, they learn you aren't the doc. Which means the other person/people they saw visit Nae is the doc (or they have an even smaller pool). They roleblock the doc tonight and NK the cop tonight. Then roleblock the doc and NK him the following night. In effect, trading Vic for the enhancer, doc and cop.

Archived