Tebow will be dealt to Jags or Jets today

RyanBe_Tweetin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fact that they traded away 3 3rd rounders tells you they know it's not a strong round for them. It's the round they usually reach for someone. And sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

from a pure football perspective I like Tebow. He's a good locker room guy. He's an extremely tough runner. He's a terrible passer but who cares? as a backup/wildcat you can't really improve on Tebow.

I think the fact that the Jets don't know how to use the 3rd round pick, shows you how terribly bad they are at drafting, and developing homegrown nucleus of talent. Do you have any stats on what the Steelers do with the 3rd round, or how about the Ravens? I bet it's a different story.

The most ideal trade would be tebow for Bart scott ......Btw I would like to see Tebow behind center for us within certain packages and in the RB or WR within different packages ....Our offense could be much more dynamic if they get Tebow and use him correctly without feeling that they must protect him like they would if he was the starting QB

Miller and Harris made the pro bowl as Jets. Nugent just got franchise tagged. not all terrible.

my overall point is I follow every pick of every draft for the last 10 years, most of em suck. and it's not the GM's fault. It's just hard to find good players in the draft. people forget that every draft pick has to beat a veteran out somewhere. And it doesn't happen as much as we think it will, when looking at these players pre-draft.

a 3rd for tebow isn't terrible when we weigh what tebow is vs what a 3rd rd pick usually becomes. To say we shouldn't trade the 3rd because it might turn into Mike Wallace is looking at the exception not the rule. Or we should fire tanny cause he didn't pick Mike Wallace is also wrong. Most of the time picks are just picks. the draft is a crap shoot. tebow is a known commodity.

So you are stating Miller was good use of a 2nd round pick? Pretty much every Jets kick returner makes the pro bowl with the Jets and/or is in the top 3 in KR average. Miller was drafted in round 2 specifically to be a CB who could also return kicks (punts actually, if I remember, which didn't work out). He was a flop. No one drafts a player in round 2 to be a kick returner only. If that was his value to the team they never would have let him go. They let him go because he couldn't be on the football field except to return kicks. No team is going to value him that high just to do that one job, including the Jets. He was a bust.

Taking a kicker in round 2 was also stupid, whether he just got franchise-tagged or not. If you think 2nd round picks should be used on college kicking prospects I'd love to hear about it.

It's amazing, then, that teams aren't falling over themselves to scoop up other teams' RFA kickers and RFA kick returners that carry tenders of rounds 2-7.

And following every draft you ought to know that a player in round 2 or 3 or 5 doesn't carry a $1M salary and isn't going to be a free agent 1 year later without an extension or new contract for several times that amount. Part of the appeal, even with the downside of busting, is that they can have a ceiling far higher than Tim Tebow or Mike Nugent, and they're locked up for dirt-cheap for 4 seasons.

That is why no one came in to claim Brad Smith when we gave him a 2nd round tender. Because even with his obvious use in wildcat situations, and being far more of a known quantity than any draftee, no one's forking over a 2nd round pick for the rights to offering a long-term deal to a free agent kick returner.

for all his flaws as a thrower, Tim tebow with a full head of steam is really hard to tackle. He's like a young Brandon Jacobs out there. Half of the yards he gets are guys who don't even want to throw themselves in front of the runaway train.

Ask Cromartie - he ran from him like a child support payment.

As much as I hate even partially agreeing with any of Bitonti's thoughts - I do believe this is going to add up to a bunch of yards we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It's just the embarrassment. The real grace comes from the earlier dispatching of the worlds smartest and trickiest OC. If that diksnake was still here - he would outsmart us out of any benefit of Tebows attributes. Sparano is dummed down enough to make good of this.

Archived