Tebow will be dealt to Jags or Jets today

RyanBe_Tweetin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness. I'm not rubbing it in, ragging, or what have you. But how incredibly stupid can Tannenbaum be?

This move is moronic on so many levels and the fact that the Jets "sources" are saying that fixing the lockerroom is part of the reason further demonstrates how clueless he is.

This is Kotitian.

so instead of going after peyton manning,we decided to give Sanchez 40M and Tebow pay his 10 for the next 4 years? Smart.

How about we sign a RT instead?

No no no. You obviously don't get it.

The Jets need a guy on offense who can be a "spark" and who can rally players behind him into a team-first mentality. It is ludicrous to expect that from the guy they just fully guaranteed years more as the starting QB.

In all seriousness. I'm not rubbing it in, ragging, or what have you. But how incredibly stupid can Tannenbaum be?

This move is moronic on so many levels and the fact that the Jets "sources" are saying that fixing the lockerroom is part of the reason further demonstrates how clueless he is.

This is Kotitian.

Oh?

3rd rd pick sounds like alot but honestly over the years the 3rd round is where the Jets screw up. Eric Smith for example was a 3rd round pick. as was BJ Askew.

I'd have no problem with Tebow running the wildcat.

That's kinda weird logic, Bit, don't you think?

Jets are incompetent in selecting picks in the 3rd round so they might as well waste the 3rd on Tebow?

here are the Jets 3rd rd picks over the years

2011: Kenrick Ellis

2010: NONE

2009: shonn Greene

2008: NONE

2007: NONE

2006: Anthony "The Boar Hunter" Schlegel and Eric Smith

2005: Sione Pouha

2004: Derrick Strait

2003: B.J. Askew

2002: Chris Baker

2001: Kareem MacKensie

Jets are incompetent in selecting picks in the 3rd round so they might as well waste the 3rd on Tebow?

gotta know your strengths and weaknesses. fwiw they are usually money in the 4th and 5th rds. something about rd 3... their brains freeze up. overall this team is very good in rd 1 and rd 2 that's a rare trait. Most teams are 50/50 at best in rd 1.

So there's 8 picks in 11 years. Pouha, Greene and McKenzie were all well worth their third round status and the book is still out on Ellis and Baker was a contributor for about five years.

That means the Jets have about a 50% hit rate on third rounders which I would guess is probably about average. Your entire premise is dead.

This move has hot seat written all over it.

They extend Sanchez, bring in all sorts of new offensive coaching, and let's say that Sanchez still ends up sucking. Normally Rex/Tanny would be cut loose, right? Not if they bring in Tebow. Tebow will be a career life-line for this pair of boobs leading our team.

If Sanchez fails, they automatically get a season or two to try to make Tebow work. I'd love to eat my words, but I see this as a self-preservation type of move if they make it.

We need help and improvement at EVERY position except center and defensive line. EVERY other position on this team needs help, especially offensive tackle, safety, linebacker, receiver, tightend and runningback.

Threw up in my mouth a little.

You missed some...

2010: Antonio Cromartie

2009: Brett Favre

2008: Braylon Edwards

2008: Kris Jenkins

2007: David Harris

However smart or stupid any or all of these were, the way you present is as though these players never existed. Good or bad they were all significant players who started in ways that made the team better.

This move has hot seat written all over it.

They extend Sanchez, bring in all sorts of new offensive coaching, and let's say that Sanchez still ends up sucking. Normally Rex/Tanny would be cut loose, right? Not if they bring in Tebow. Tebow will be a career life-line for this pair of boobs leading our team.

If Sanchez fails, they automatically get a season or two to try to make Tebow work. I'd love to eat my words, but I see this as a self-preservation type of move if they make it.

We need help and improvement at EVERY position except center and defensive line. EVERY other position on this team needs help, especially offensive tackle, safety, linebacker, receiver, tightend and runningback.

Can we at least wait until the Jets actually make the move to kill them for it?

Tebow could be an offensive weapon in the redzone and could run sparano's wildcat effectively. But a 3rd round pick? Seriously? Don't be dumb Tanny.

I agree with this, but whose roster spot does he take? But I'd rather they use the 3rd rounder on an all-purpose RB if they want a more effective running game.

I think Tebow would be an asset if he is taught to catch the ball and asked to play some sort of TE / Wildcat hybrid. That being said, you don't use a 3rd round pick to acquire a wildcat gimmick player.

You missed some...

However smart or stupid any or all of these were, the way you present is as though these players never existed. Good or bad they were all significant players who started in ways that made the team better.

You missed one

2012 Tim Tebow

I agree with this, but whose roster spot does he take? But I'd rather they use the 3rd rounder on an all-purpose RB if they want a more effective running game.

I think Tebow would be an asset if he is taught to catch the ball and asked to play some sort of TE / Wildcat hybrid. That being said, you don't use a 3rd round pick to acquire a wildcat gimmick player.

Right. You use a 4th rounder who turns into a gimmick player after a couple of years on the team after failing as a pure WR. Then the fan base cries about not paying him $4M/year for his 5 minutes per game on the field.

Right. You use a 4th rounder who turns into a gimmick player after a couple of years on the team after failing as a pure WR. Then the fan base cries about not paying him $4M/year for his 5 minutes per game on the field.

lol

Oh, Jets fans.

So there's 8 picks in 11 years. Your entire premise is dead.

the fact that they traded away 3 3rd rounders tells you they know it's not a strong round for them. It's the round they usually reach for someone. And sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

from a pure football perspective I like Tebow. He's a good locker room guy. He's an extremely tough runner. He's a terrible passer but who cares? as a backup/wildcat you can't really improve on Tebow.

You missed some...

However smart or stupid any or all of these were, the way you present is as though these players never existed.

exactly. they trade the pick and turn it into something more valuable than a 89th overall pick or wherever they actually select. Like they are trying to do with Tebow.

This is Kotitian.

I'm just about over the angry, passionate Jet fan stage and back into my more comfortable, LOL yeah yeah I'm a Jet fan, yeah I know the franchise is retarded, shrugs shoulders, whata ya gonna do, I mean really, what can ya do, stage.

Archived