What is Namath's Problem??

AlToon88

Namath has been right about just about everything he's said this year. Jets fans hate him, and the best they can do is called him washed up/a drunk/irrelevant/whatever. I'm beginning to think the reason the Jets get away with crap like the Tebow trade and no Super Bowls is because 95% of the fans only want to hear how WONDERFUL the Jets are. I swear, the team could go 0-16 and if anyone criticized them they'd be accused of being Jets haters.

Namath likes the team. Namath knows football. Namath knows when the Jets don't play good football. He says it on the radio. The "rainbows and sunshine" crowd hate him for it.

Tim Tebow's leadership will show him the light. Spending even one minute in the same room as Tim Tebow instantly cleanses your soul of all evil. Tebow's intangibles are so far off the charts that when he has the chance to talk to Joe Namath, he will accept TEBOW into his heart and no longer be such a bitter old man.

And maybe good ole Joe can teach Tebow how to get laid for once.

his problem is most likely he wants to see a QB that can actually throw the ball down the field and complete it

LOL a QB that throws the ball downfield consistently?

Not going to find that dressed in Hunter green any time soon.

Unless they unleash the Jesus lizard upon NY.

I'm always naturally inclined to root for the underdog...the way the Jets are just taking a beating with this, even taking my fandom out of it, I think I'd be rooting for them next year. So this is such a win-win, very excited for the season. They either win and it's even that much more awesome surrounded by all the hate or they suck and I can just laugh and shrug at my same ole J's.

Exaaaaaaaaactly.

Tebow will bring all sorts of new fans and energy to your sports team! I am one of them! Namah is wrong and that Bronco guy was wrong to fire Tebow after everything he did for them! You guys are lucky, just wait and see! Tebow is a winner!

You mean Hall of Famer and two-time super bowl winning quarterback, Johny Elway?? You do know this is a football forum dontcha??

I do not know why folks a bashing Joe Namath. At the end of the day he is the most famous Jet of all time an iconic figure in the game of football. But more importantly, he is right about this one. This is a head scratcher...... But that said, since Tebow is a Jet, I can only hope that he plays well and helps us win.

Namaths problem is hes honest and Jets fans simply can deal with the real world. They prefer living in their own little fantasy world run by the Jets disasterous front office and hoping one day they get it right when all they do is constantly get it wrong

Archived