are they really gonna keep Bart Scott?

bitonti

just to review

in 2010 he said Can't Wait and got blown out the next week in Pittsburgh 1st half.

2011 he slowed down considerably last year. He flipped off reporters after the Miami game. He was often times a liability on defense, in both run and pass.

his tackle production dips every year. He went from 92, to 81 to 66 (did get 4.5 sacks which is not usually his thing. )

his 2012 salary is fully guaranteed. but he's a 31 year old 10 year vet of the league.

my question are they really gonna keep Bart Scott? especially if Kuechly or Hightower are the best available player at 16 (ok ya know I had to make it about the draft)

what does everyone think about the chances of 57 sticking around?

just to review

in 2010 he said Can't Wait and got blown out the next week in Pittsburgh 1st half.

2011 he slowed down considerably last year. He flipped off reporters after the Miami game. He was often times a liability on defense, in both run and pass.

his tackle production dips every year. He went from 92, to 81 to 66 (did get 4.5 sacks which is not usually his thing. )

his 2012 salary is fully guaranteed. but he's a 31 year old 10 year vet of the league.

my question are they really gonna keep Bart Scott? especially if Kuechly or Hightower are the best available player at 16 (ok ya know I had to make it about the draft)

what does everyone think about the chances of 57 sticking around?

I think theres a real good chance he comes back for one more season

Only way he gets picked up by anyone is if NO needs a LB due to Bounty Gate.

As far as Scott staying I don't think it's a bad thing outside of his salary. He knows how to play and just lost a step which happens to a lot of players but he'll still be good for 20 or so plays a game which won't wear his body out as much and help him out though the season.

Having him here will help the rookie ILB learn the game and give us a vet back up. We cant cut him or trade him so we might as well get the best out of him while he's here.

Right now I think the Jets will take him into camp and see what kind of shape he is in and how much of a distraction he is when they start rotating him out on passing downs. If he still looks really sluggish they will eat the salary and cut him and defer the last bit of prorated money until 2013. If he looks ok they will keep him. Seeing the Ryans trade go down the Jets know there is almost zero trade value for him so thats the only option I can see, Maybe they try to eat 3/4 of his salary in a trade and see if there are any takers all summer long, but I dont think there will be.

I really think keeping him is the way to go. No one is gonna take that salary off our hands, and the hit isn't worth it. He still does what he does, make a pile. I can't see us finding a suitable replacement for good return on our dollar at this point.

Archived