Sanchez, Tebow will run 'two separate teams'

A Jet from Oz

even if Sanchez completely bottoms out and they run full time tebow-cat, that will be better than last years offense

This is based on absolutely nothing.

remember that Tebow, for all his limitations, almost never turned the ball over. He has a huge ball security advantage over Sanchez.

Until his turnover rate regresses to the mean, of course.

even if Sanchez completely bottoms out and they run full time tebow-cat, that will be better than last years offense

remember that Tebow, for all his limitations, almost never turned the ball over. He has a huge ball security advantage over Sanchez.

I wouldn't bet on that one. Despite the disaster they were last season, the Jets' offense still significantly outscored the Broncos'. If the Jets don't find someone on this roster who can play QB worth a damn, it can certainly still be pretty damn awful. Tebow also gets far too much credit for his supposed ball security given that, while Tebow's INT numbers weren't too bad, his fumble numbers were even worse than Sanchez's, and that's despite starting 5 less games. Not to mention, it's not too hard to avoid INTs when where you're throwing the ball is nowhere close to a single football player on the entire field. There's a number of QBs who had an even lower INT rate than Tebow, while actually managing to complete more than 46% of their passes. So far the only upgrade the Jets have made to this offense is sh*t-canning the Schittenheimer, but they need to do more than just that if they want this offense to be worth a damn.

Despite the disaster they were last season, the Jets' offense still significantly outscored the Broncos'.

except ya know when they actually played the broncos.

Im more worried about the pick 6, panic fumbles and other miscues than I am about getting Mark from 56% comp to 58%. HE needs to cut down on the 26 total turnovers. at least Tebow can take a sack and not cough the ball up.

We are at the point where a punt is a preferable outcome. that's how bad the Jets offense was last year at taking care of the football.

except ya know when they actually played the broncos.

Im more worried about the pick 6, panic fumbles and other miscues than I am about getting Mark from 56% comp to 58%. HE needs to cut down on the 26 total turnovers. at least Tebow can take a sack and not cough the ball up.

We are at the point where a punt is a preferable outcome. that's how bad the Jets offense was last year at taking care of the football.

If you really want to be technical about it, the Jets offense actually out-scored the Broncos offense in that game as well. Unfortunately, the Broncos defense gladly chipped in with 7 points of their own thinks to our little friend Mark (which I realize does support your second point, but I couldn't help myself :-P). The point more than anything is you're looking at two crappy QBs who led crappy offenses last season and I don't see much reason to assume that this year will be any different for either without some sort of massive upgrade in play from one of them.

The point more than anything is you're looking at two crappy QBs who led crappy offenses last season and I don't see much reason to assume that this year will be any different for either without some sort of massive upgrade in play from one of them.

2 crap QB is better than 1 crap QB. it's good to have options at least. My point was last year it was Sanchez all the way. Who knows maybe the competition will make him better? He knew he wasn't getting benched last year. this year the team has options, even if it's letting Tebow from a middle school offense. that's a realer threat to Sanchez' playing time than Brunell or McElroy.

This is true. 60% of his passes are thrown to a spot where no one can catch them.

2 crap QB is better than 1 crap QB. it's good to have options at least. My point was last year it was Sanchez all the way. Who knows maybe the competition will make him better? He knew he wasn't getting benched last year. this year the team has options, even if it's letting Tebow from a middle school offense. that's a realer threat to Sanchez' playing time than Brunell or McElroy.

This post is so very depressing.

Allow me to translate for Matt Slauson,

"Sanchez blows. Really, the best thing he can do is hand the ball to someone else. Even then, he fumbles about half the time. We're going to play into his strength of sucking this year by taking the ball out of his hands as much as humanly possible. We're going to be running the ball so much that occasionally the other team will forget that we even have a quarterback. That's when we'll hit them with a deep pass, and, if Mark can hit the wide open receiver, they'll be like, 'WTF? The Jets had a quarterback on the field this whole time?'

Wow. Tell us how you REALLY feel...

I am all for bringing back the AFC Championship offense. I don't know how that will happen however, with two different types of offense. We def need the old offense back - especially for the first 5 or 6 games this year - all strong defense to go against. Also, wont the wildcat play be predictable once T-bone walks on the field??

Archived