Wild West Mafia - Game Over

Nolder

Why do I have to make a case with "available evidence", while you are simply pushing a lynch based on votes garnered from last game?

Like I said, how is Christine's lynch more informative?

I'm not creating reasons why Christine shouldn't be lynched here, just looking for your particular reasons why she should. You are evading...

Make a case, don't make a case...I really don't care...its Day 1...the last game is a good enough reason for me to vote Christine...unless someone wants to make an actual case...at which point I'd reconsider...or we could just play a little more Urinary Olympics till we run up one of the usual Day 1 suspects...

*looks at your vote on Pac*

BTW...I did note your use of the term "evading"...nice lawyerly tactic to throw suspicion...probably worked for you in the past. Good luck with that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you just made an excuse for Jetscode going silent... and now you want to lynch Christine for going silent?

the difference is JC is always on the quieter side... you are beginning to flail a bit wildly.. and I'm making a mental note of it.

JC is probably in some east bumf--k town watching his kid kick some butt on the field. I'd imagine he has little interest in this game at the moment.

And I heart the guy but I doubt he'll drop anything more than 1 sentence that asks more questions than it answers. The guys kind of a jerkoff.

lol...too real...

I'm back now...Did the round trip drive to Texas A&M last night to get my son's stuff...he's a freshman...I have the truck and we need to get the big items (fridge, furniture)...he returns after finals next week...

Immediately on return had to drive an hour away to get my daughter to softball practice...and yes, she does kick some butt...batted.750% in last weekend's tournament. She's fun to watch.

He said Christine is an informative lynch. I asked why. Instead of answering why, he told me to make a case with "available evidence" on somebody else. To which I responded "Why must I make a case based on available evidence, when he is simply voting Christine based on some issue from last game?"

Basically he is evading answering why Christine's lynch is informative, and his posts about why he is voting Christine conflict with him telling me I should be casing someone using available evidence.

I'm tempted to suggest we lynch him. If he flips scum, then I'd look to lynch you next for trying to pull me off his a$$...

I will say this is the one other thing that's been ping-worthy today. Would like to see what he has to say, because that whole exchange was certainly peculiar.

So, in summary, you suggest I take the pressure off of getting Jetscode to explain his conflicting points - and we just hurry up an lynch someone instead.

Very unlike you. Townie Pac doesn't champion taking pressure off people...

He said Christine is an informative lynch. I asked why. Instead of answering why, he told me to make a case with "available evidence" on somebody else. To which I responded "Why must I make a case based on available evidence, when he is simply voting Christine based on some issue from last game?"

Basically he is evading answering why Christine's lynch is informative, and his posts about why he is voting Christine conflict with him telling me I should be casing someone using available evidence.

I'm tempted to suggest we lynch him. If he flips scum, then I'd look to lynch you next for trying to pull me off his a$$...

Starting to think your scum...you usually argue against linkage on Day 1...me thinks you are trying too hard.

I don't know if you're going to hear anymore...seems like he's set on lynching her for the lulz (I think he keeps saying excitement?). I don't really know what we gather from a Christine lynch, whereas a lynch of the people going on about setup or someone like Brett (who is pushing a lynch) usually give you more. Unless you just want to take a shot in the dark, which is usually just as good day 1.

vote: JC

The one game I ignore my Magic 8-ball and this is the result...lol.

So you just made an excuse for Jetscode going silent... and now you want to lynch Christine for going silent?

More bullsh*t...stated yesterday I was on the road...came back posted a little and now I'm silent...wow.

You're reaching...definitely not your usual self.

Votecount

AVM - EP (1)

JC - AVM (1)

Pac - JF80, Ape, StraightCash (3)

EP - Christine, Leelou, BG (3)

Christine - Wombat, JC, Vicious, Pac (4)

Not Voting: (0)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Make a case, don't make a case...I really don't care...its Day 1...the last game is a good enough reason for me to vote Christine...unless someone wants to make an actual case...at which point I'd reconsider...or we could just play a little more Urinary Olympics till we run up one of the usual Day 1 suspects...

*looks at your vote on Pac*

BTW...I did note your use of the term "evading"...nice lawyerly tactic to throw suspicion...probably worked for you in the past. Good luck with that.

Nothing lawyerly about it. You said lynching Christine is informative, and have not stated why when asked multiple times.

My vote is on Pac for reasons tied to this game, which is more than I could say for your vote Christine.

Your feigned lack of awareness about what I'm driving at here is suspect.

the difference is JC is always on the quieter side... you are beginning to flail a bit wildly.. and I'm making a mental note of it.

Yes, JC is always on the quieter side - however, he and I were going back and forth, and then he stopped and you jumped in and made an excuse for him stopping. There's nothing about what I'm doing that could be deemed flailing, and you make statements like "I'm making note of it" more often when you aren't even town than when you are. Its a good way to keep up appearances.

Like I said earlier, I'm not creating reasons NOT to lynch Christine - I'm just doing my due-diligence to make people own some of the odd positions, comments and votes we've seen on D1. This is always how I play D1, get as much out of it as possible, to then enable a more informed D2.

Its usually what you do on D1 too... yet, all you seem interested in doing this D1 is derailing any interrogation-like question I fling at JC, and deflating the opportunity for reactions to the very pro-town statement I made earlier in the game about putting roles in last wills.

I'm struggling to see anything you've contributed to this D1 as pro-town, or even resembling typical Pac scum-hunting.

Starting to think your scum...you usually argue against linkage on Day 1...me thinks you are trying too hard.

Actually, I only started in very recent games openly discouraging myself from linkages IN GENERAL. Not just on D1. However, what's gone on here was subtle enough where it felt right to point it out.

This statement pings me quite a bit though, linkages are not something scum Ape does - you have one of the best reads on me in mafia. Additionally, if I was scum and you both town, what advantage does this linkage create for me? None. If we lynch one of you, the other has the heat removed and people ignore me the rest of the way. However, this statement makes perfect sense if you ARE both scum. Then it comes across like you are pre-empting one of you dying and flipping scum, to preserve the other.

Also, trying too hard is one of my biggest town tells.

More bullsh*t...stated yesterday I was on the road...came back posted a little and now I'm silent...wow.

You're reaching...definitely not your usual self.

I know you were on the road. As explained above to Pac, he interjected into our dialogue with a built in excuse for you to not have to explain yourself essentially for the remainder of D1... thus insinuating we carry out a lynch on someone else, and my heat on you fizzles.

Also, I'm known for reaching big time when I'm a townie... so your last sentences, complete bullsh*t.

So far a lot of what you've pointed out about what I'm doing as the basis for suspecting I'm scum, are the things I'm known for doing as town. Plain and simple, you are stating my town tells and telling me you think I'm scum because of them. Anyone else does this, and it doesn't ping me much, however you have one of the best reads on me. I'm not buying this sudden re-direct OMGUS suspicion for a second.

Combined with your evasiveness about your reasons for voting Christine, and Pac subtly sticking up for you, and of course the attention I've given you, I'd say you are quite an informative lynch.

I feel much, much better about killing either of you D1 now.

Unvote

Vote Jetscode

Glad to see all the excitement...death most likely way to obtain info...and Christine still my choice.

Death obtains info...not Christine's any more than any other...but she does deserve it more...vote your heart out...you're still spinning it.

EP, I am voting for you and trying to scare you off, because I enjoy being able to read a Mafia game and not have to translate it.

I'm here bitch. I want lady ape dead.

Guessing I am the Lady Ape, given that you are currently voting for me?

How in the hell did I become the Lady Ape?

Death obtains info...not Christine's any more than any other...but she does deserve it more...vote your heart out...you're still spinning it.

JC, you never had an issue with me until after I helped you to your death last game. Grudge much?

Ever since there's been a bit of a push towards your BFF Chrissy, she's gone radio silent. For 2 weeks she's been more talkative than a host of the View but now she wants to be hush hush?

Not to bring RL in here, but she has been in and out of the hospital and she is very drugged right now.

being high on drugs never stopped JetFat80 from participating.

Errr, yeah. The DMers can confirm that I posted about this a while back, but I am in and out of the hospital waiting for surgery. Nothing life threatening, just lots of pain (Having all you assholes on my back gets a little heavy) therefore I have lots of meds.

I am still here, though, and simply hate Day 1.

I'm not spinning anything. I think my statements have been pretty much cut and dry... you are squirming, not me.

The blanket statement "death obtains info" says absolutely nothing about why Christine's death gives us info. What do you hope to glean from her death? You're still not answering that question... and to pre-empt anyone saying "Christine's death gives us info on Ape" keep in mind all the people voting her put their votes there BEFORE I started asking why her, and I single you out because you made the dumb statement that it was informative, but won't back it up.

I'm happy to kill her - if someone can tell me why her death is more informative than say JC's or Pac's at this point.

See above, where I voted you, part of my reasoning was pointing out the interactions that I believe gain context upon seeing your alignment? Can you do the same for Christine... if so, why haven't you?

More importantly, you are voting Christine for something she did LAST GAME... while at the same time stating you think I'm scum this game. Nevermind that you are citing my town tells as reasons you think I'm scum. Your actions contradict your statements. It is day one you say you suspect me as scum, yet you vote Christine.

hahah.. the Ape has spoken!

Not sure of JC's alignment but as usual he couldn't be more wrong about his read on me. Last time I've seen him this interested in my death on day 1 he was scared scum.. hmm.

EP, I am voting for you and trying to scare you off, because I enjoy being able to read a Mafia game and not have to translate it.

Guessing I am the Lady Ape, given that you are currently voting for me?

How in the hell did I become the Lady Ape?

JC, you never had an issue with me until after I helped you to your death last game. Grudge much?

It's day 1...don't act surprised...

hahah.. the Ape has spoken!

Not sure of JC's alignment but as usual he couldn't be more wrong about his read on me. Last time I've seen him this interested in my death on day 1 he was scared scum.. hmm.

Like JC, you both keep stating with confidence that you think I'm scum now... yet neither of you vote me. Statements contradicted by actions.

The ones coming across as scared right now are the two of you. Neither of you can argue with the points I'm making, so rather you've both just jumped to the "Ape must be scum" reactionary dialogue. Scared to vote me, because if I get lynched I'll flip town and then you are both ****ed...

Like JC, you both keep stating with confidence that you think I'm scum now... yet neither of you vote me. Statements contradicted by actions.

The ones coming across as scared right now are the two of you. Neither of you can argue with the points I'm making, so rather you've both just jumped to the "Ape must be scum" reactionary dialogue. Scared to vote me, because if I get lynched I'll flip town and then you are both ****ed...

I said I've got my eye on you. If people want to vote you I'll hammer for fun - billeedat.

Just not interested in wasting a vote to put you at L6 to humor you. Why are you so desparately trying to protect Christine?

I said I've got my eye on you. If people want to vote you I'll hammer for fun - billeedat.

Just not interested in wasting a vote to put you at L6 to humor you. Why are you so desparately trying to protect Christine?

I've pretty clearly stated I am not protecting her. I'll vote her, when someone gives me a reason other than "its D1" or "last game". Filthy pig.

I'm not spinning anything. I think my statements have been pretty much cut and dry... you are squirming, not me.

The blanket statement "death obtains info" says absolutely nothing about why Christine's death gives us info. What do you hope to glean from her death? You're still not answering that question... and to pre-empt anyone saying "Christine's death gives us info on Ape" keep in mind all the people voting her put their votes there BEFORE I started asking why her, and I single you out because you made the dumb statement that it was informative, but won't back it up.

I'm happy to kill her - if someone can tell me why her death is more informative than say JC's or Pac's at this point.

See above, where I voted you, part of my reasoning was pointing out the interactions that I believe gain context upon seeing your alignment? Can you do the same for Christine... if so, why haven't you?

More importantly, you are voting Christine for something she did LAST GAME... while at the same time stating you think I'm scum this game. Nevermind that you are citing my town tells as reasons you think I'm scum. Your actions contradict your statements. It is day one you say you suspect me as scum, yet you vote Christine.

Not squirming...just pointing out the obvious...it's Day 1. I'd like to see her lynched. Yes, it relates to the last game. So what? I don't see a better case out there...

Intel:

If she flips town...I have all those who jumped her train.

If she flips scum...I have all those who sought to protect her.

The reason you're pinging...when we started playing mafia together (I'm town, you're town) we tended to try and destroy each other's argument...it usually led to my early reveal/demise...eventually I (and I think you) came to the conclusion that it was smarter, even though we both doubted the other's claim, to ignore it to see where it led. Hence, I suspect you are playing differently or maybe more clearly, reverted back to a previous form.

FTR...One of the reasons I tend to ignore bullsh*t cases on both you and Pac on Day 1 or Day 2 is because you both see things I do not. I'm ignoring your weak case on me this game because its obvious that I'm town.

Either way...I'll learn something when the game is over.

No worries. Like I said...its Day 1.

Votecount

AVM - EP (1)

JC - AVM, Ape (2)

Pac - JF80, StraightCash (2)

EP - Christine, Leelou, BG (3)

Christine - Wombat, JC, Vicious, Pac (4)

Not Voting: (0)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Not squirming...just pointing out the obvious...it's Day 1. I'd like to see her lynched. Yes, it relates to the last game. So what? I don't see a better case out there...

Intel:

The reason you're pinging...when we started playing mafia together (I'm town, you're town) we tended to try and destroy each other's argument...it usually led to my early reveal/demise...eventually I (and I think you) came to the conclusion that it was smarter, even though we both doubted the other's claim, to ignore it to see where it led. Hence, I suspect you are playing differently or maybe more clearly, reverted back to a previous form.

FTR...One of the reasons I tend to ignore bullsh*t cases on both you and Pac on Day 1 or Day 2 is because you both see things I do not. I'm ignoring your weak case on me this game because its obvious that I'm town.

Either way...I'll learn something when the game is over.

No worries. Like I said...its Day 1.

It's obvious that you're town? So you ignoring my weak case on you and what? Not self voting? Laughable. First off, you clearly aren't ignoring me. Second, the only thing you have ignored is the simple question, "why is Christine's lynch informative?"

Until now that is, where you say this:

Awesome. This must be your first time playing mafia with rationale like that.

Keep in mind that when you first made the statement that Christine's lynch is informative, NOBODY was protecting her or speaking out against her lynch or anything that resembles either. So this reasoning comes only AFTER I've put heat on you... and doesn't harken to when you initially made the statement that her lynch is informative.

For the record, and last time, I'm not protecting anyone just following my own lead... I'd prefer to lynch you, because you have not defended well, your actions contradict your statements, and everything else I've stated at length. I'm not going to stand in the way of her lynch, but given that there is no deadline... I feel its in town's best interest to get the most out of D1.

We might end up lynching her.

I might end up dead tonight... at least I will have left a solid D1 footprint for the studious players to come back to later in the game, and deal with you and Pac.

It's obvious that you're town? So you ignoring my weak case on you and what? Not self voting? Laughable. First off, you clearly aren't ignoring me. Second, the only thing you have ignored is the simple question, "why is Christine's lynch informative?"

Keep in mind that when you first made the statement that Christine's lynch is informative, NOBODY was protecting her or speaking out against her lynch or anything that resembles either. So this reasoning comes only AFTER I've put heat on you... and doesn't harken to when you initially made the statement that her lynch is informative.

For the record, and last time, I'm not protecting anyone just following my own lead... I'd prefer to lynch you, because you have not defended well, your actions contradict your statements, and everything else I've stated at length. I'm not going to stand in the way of her lynch, but given that there is no deadline... I feel its in town's best interest to get the most out of D1.

I might end up dead tonight... at least I will have left a solid D1 footprint for the studious players to come back to later in the game, and deal with you and Pac.

Whatever...I'm done! Good luck!

I actually tend to agree on the point about who's pushing who. We regularly have entire scum teams bussing a player now.

That being said....re: the bolded, Dan and Slats aren't playing anymore. Sorry monkey.

I actually tend to agree on the point about who's pushing who. We regularly have entire scum teams bussing a player now.

That being said....re: the bolded, Dan and Slats aren't playing anymore. Sorry monkey.

When I'm right, I usually die early.

I'm well aware of psychology :tongue:

I just meant it's interesting because I can't think of a single time JC has done it.

Yeah. Makes me wonder if it was someone else's suggestion to bow out and let me keep pounding away until I render myself ignored... we've seen scum do that to me time and again, when I've been right. They just shut up, and let me keep badgering... and I ultimately undermine my own position, even when its a strong position.

So, with that said... I'd like to have other people weigh in on JC's defense, don't have to vote him, but opinions would be nice... everyone's trying to do the Sharrow thing right now... and if that persists, then I'll become an advocate of killing the lowest post count, regardless of anything anyone else says. :P

Yeah. Makes me wonder if it was someone else's suggestion to bow out and let me keep pounding away until I render myself ignored... we've seen scum do that to me time and again, when I've been right. They just shut up, and let me keep badgering... and I ultimately undermine my own position, even when its a strong position.

So, with that said... I'd like to have other people weigh in on JC's defense, don't have to vote him, but opinions would be nice... everyone's trying to do the Sharrow thing right now... and if that persists, then I'll become an advocate of killing the lowest post count, regardless of anything anyone else says. :tongue:

Vic's been clamoring for that for a couple years now

Archived