Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House.

Villain The Foe

Leaving Tebow out of this for a second:

Do you really think that Sanchez TOOK the Jets ANYWHERE? Is that really your perception? That Sanchez somehow put the Jets on his back and took them to the playoffs? That SANCHEZ won 30 games?

Forget 11. What one game did Sanchez win on his own? Show me that game.

Oh how your memory betrays you! Im about to have so much fun.

My perception and reality "could" be two totally different things. Luckily for me my perception is actually reality.

Sanchez "Game Winning" drive against the Texans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUY6sd3DJOU&feature=related

Sanchez "Game Winning" drive against the Bills

http://www.newyorkje...b2-2469d60bd912

Sanchez "Playoff Game Winning" drive against the Colts. And dont forget, the Jets offense (called by schotty) were stopped cold until Sanchez and Braylon went to the sideline and literally argued with Schotty to call a different play and Schotty told Sanchez to "Call the play" on 3rd and sh*t turd long. Sanchez converted and put Folk in position to win. MARK SANCHEZ DID THAT.

And for the record, people always discredits Sanchez (yet they're in LOVE WITH TEBOW) stating that it wasnt really "Sanchez" who won those games, but the defense. The only year that such a statement was true was in 09' and I can prove it.

Mark Sanchez has 9 4th qtr comebacks and 11 "game winning drives". 2 of those 11 game winning drives were in OT. His first year (9-7 record) Sanchez recorded 1 game winning drive. His 2nd year he recorded 6 game winning drives (11-5 record). Last year Sanchez recorded 4 game winning drives (8-8 record). Mind you this includes playoff game winning drives as well. And speaking of playoffs, this was the guy who was down I believe 21-0 at half time to the Steelers in the AFCCG and was 1 extra drive away from pulling off a game winning drive to go to the superbowl.

http://www.pro-footb...player=SancMa00

Lastly, if you watch these drives check out his accuracy, ball placement and more importantly, the O-line. He was protected for the most part and when he wasnt he made things happen with his feet. This kid's stats overall may be "mediocre" (for only 3 years) but one thing that he has that I never even mentioned which is another demerit to Tebow is that Mark Sanchez is a clutch QB. Thats something you cant teach bro. Im telling you, when Sanchez comes into his own its going to be a shame what he does to the jet record books. I promise you that.

And with that said, Tim Tebow isnt a QB, he's a football player. John Elway knows it, Mark Sanchez knows it and Peyton Manning knows it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you get that from? Tebow never played a full season in the NFL. Sanchez won 11 games on his own. Took this team to the playoffs two out of the three times that he played for us. Tebow had a very exciting winning streak, but thats not being seasoned in no sense of the word. Until Tebow plays a full year and does damage in the playoffs people need to cool down with the "Tebow would win us more games" comment. If my numbers are right Sanchez was the 5th fast QB to 30+ wins in NFL history. Like, how are you guys missing this?

Anyone that can take off the green colored glasses for a minute knows that the Jets have been winning "despite" Sanchez.

Anyone that can take off the green colored glasses for a minute knows that the Jets have been winning "despite" Sanchez.

And anyone that can take off their hate blemished glasses for a minute knows that Sanchez has 11 game winning drives in his first 3 years including the playoffs. So it all evens out in my book. about 1/3 of his career wins are based on game winning drives. With schotty as the O.C......I'll take that any day of the week.

I disagree.

You don't agree that not a single team in the NFL thought it was worth a fourth round pick to bring him in as their starter?

So let me get this straight. They are counting on Brock Osweiler as their insurance policy for Manning because they definitely think they are going to need it. They picked Osweiler over Tebow, purely as a football move, is what you are saying? Nothing to do with three more years on Tebow's contract? Nothing to do with three more years of Tebowmania sitting on the sidelines while Peyton Manning is their QB? You're saying the distraction factor for their shiny new Hall of Famer had nothing to do with it?

If the PUP was such an issue, they would never have spent 100mil on him in the first place (although they have protected themselves with the caveat that he pass a physical each year).

And I do think they believe they are a Peyton Manning away from a championship. And they may be right.

What stones would they have overturned? The Matt Flynnstone? I don't think there were that many stones to turn that wouldn't have resulted in a full-scale revolt. Can you imagine them bringing in a Matt Flynn? No, neither can I.

There is no way that they turn away from a guy that, in his rookie season (essentially), took them from a 1-3 team to a playoff team winning the first round with stellar qb play against one of the best defenses in football. Yeah, he sh*t the bed against New England, but again, he is essentially a rookie. Not to mention the uproar if they had gone in another direction other than one of the best three qbs of all time.

If they were so low on him, Kyle Orton would still be the starter.

But they did turn away from that guy, as quickly as they could.

Tebowmania wouldn't've mattered if they believed in the QB, and Peyton Manning's presence tamps that down, anyway. It would've been a complete non-issue. If they believed in his ability, they would've wanted to keep him around to learn from Manning. No team gives up on a QB they believe can be an effective starter.

What other former first round, 24 year old, playoff winning QB hits the market for a fourth round pick? Ever?

The perception of the entire league is that this guy is not a starting QB, and that obviously includes the Broncos.

And anyone that can take off their hate blemished glasses for a minute knows that Sanchez has 11 game winning drives in his first 3 years including the playoffs. So it all evens out in my book. about 1/3 of his career wins are based on game winning drives. With schotty as the O.C......I'll take that any day of the week.

So, let me get THIS right. You are using a game in which the Jets held the Colts to 16 pts and Peyton Manning to 225 yards passing IN THEIR DOME, while the Jets offense scored 17 and their QB had 189 yards passing and a rating of 62.4 as a game that their QUARTERBACK won?

How many of the other 11 games you mention are like this?

You don't agree that not a single team in the NFL thought it was worth a fourth round pick to bring him in as their starter?

But they did turn away from that guy, as quickly as they could.

Tebowmania wouldn't've mattered if they believed in the QB, and Peyton Manning's presence tamps that down, anyway. It would've been a complete non-issue. If they believed in his ability, they would've wanted to keep him around to learn from Manning. No team gives up on a QB they believe can be an effective starter.

What other former first round, 24 year old, playoff winning QB hits the market for a fourth round pick? Ever?

The perception of the entire league is that this guy is not a starting QB, and that obviously includes the Broncos.

You act like there was a TON of landing spots for him (or any other second-year quarterback for that matter). There weren't. None. Go through every team in the league and find me someone outside of the Jets, Jaguars and possibly the Browns where he would have made sense. The only reason he made sense to the Jets was because of the wildcat thing and the absolute hole at backup qb. So that leaves the Jaguars, who just started a rookie qb and maybe they want to give HIM a little breathing room before his career is facked by Jesus Jr.? That leaves the Browns, who at the time had two first rounders, one of which they spent on a quarterback.

There is no way in hell they were subjecting Manning to the Tebow throngs, it just wasn't happening.

This is turning into me being a Tebow supporter, someone who thinks the guy is a great quarterback and that's just not the case. I do however, think you are wrong about this particular aspect of the situation and wrong in thinking that Sanchez is appreciably better than Tebow.

You act like there was a TON of landing spots for him (or any other second-year quarterback for that matter). There weren't. None. Go through every team in the league and find me someone outside of the Jets, Jaguars and possibly the Browns where he would have made sense.

So you agree that Tebow doesn't upgrade a single NFL team at the starting QB position. Why are we having this conversation?

There is no way in hell they were subjecting Manning to the Tebow throngs, it just wasn't happening.

Peyton Manning arrives, Tebowmania is completely drowned out. Complete non-issue.

The imminent "Sanchez Benched [injured?], Tim Tebow Named Starter" thread will be, perhaps, the greatest and funniest thread in the history of Jets message boards.

I think the Squeal will be even funnier*

*Slats defends Tebow's holdout.

So you agree that Tebow doesn't upgrade a single NFL team at the starting QB position. Why are we having this conversation?

Peyton Manning arrives, Tebowmania is completely drowned out. Complete non-issue.

Come on, now you're just being faux ignorant and completely lazy.

And by the way, what do you think the Jets could get for Sanchez at this point, ridiculous contract aside?

I think there were multiple reasons Tebow was traded:

1) He didn't fit Elway's idea of what an NFL QB should look like

2) Elway wanted to get rid of anything associated with the Josh McDaniels era

3) He was a threat to Elway's popularity (yes Elway's ego is that big)

It's amazing that he took a team that had gone 4-14 to the division championship and a playoff win only to have management decide that he was the problem.

But enough of this, the season can't start soon enough. Yes I am a Tebow fan, but if the Jets win with Sanchez at QB and Tim gets in a few plays at any of the positions mentioned and helps out I will be happy.

So, let me get THIS right. You are using a game in which the Jets held the Colts to 16 pts and Peyton Manning to 225 yards passing IN THEIR DOME, while the Jets offense scored 17 and their QB had 189 yards passing and a rating of 62.4 as a game that their QUARTERBACK won?

How many of the other 11 games you mention are like this?

Lol.....he's like Skip Bayless...only in the Sanchez direction. Twisting numbers to make his baseless arguments.

And there it is right there. If Tebow was actually any good, then none of this would have been an issue. The Broncos wouldn't have bothered signing Manning, because they would have already had their starting QB position locked up with a much younger, healthier player for far less money. But let's assume that the Bronco's did that anyway, despite the belief that Tebow was a quality starting QB. In that case, there would have been any number of teams out there who would have been interested in making a move for him as a starter, given how many awful QBs currently fill the NFL (see: JAC, CLE, KC, OAK, ARI, SEA, MIN, MIA, SF - and an argument could be made for many others as well). The bottom line is the reason the Broncos even wanted Manning in the first place, the reason why no team was willing to beat the Jets offer of a 4th, and the reason that no team in the league wanted him as their starting QB, is because they simply feel he's not a good QB.

And there it is right there. If Tebow was actually any good, then none of this would have been an issue. The Broncos wouldn't have bothered signing Manning, because they would have already had their starting QB position locked up with a much younger, healthier player for far less money. But let's assume that the Bronco's did that anyway, despite the belief that Tebow was a quality starting QB. In that case, there would have been any number of teams out there who would have been interested in making a move for him as a starter, given how many awful QBs currently fill the NFL (see: JAC, CLE, KC, OAK, ARI, SEA, MIN, MIA, SF - and an argument could be made for many others as well). The bottom line is the reason the Broncos even wanted Manning in the first place, the reason why no team was willing to beat the Jets offer of a 4th, and the reason that no team in the league wanted him as their starting QB, is because they simply feel he's not a good QB.

Tebow's relative talent or skill to other team's starting QB's is an oversimplification and you know it.

Tebow's relative talent or skill to other team's starting QB's is an oversimplification and you know it.

Fair enough, and while the circumstances of this offseason alone doesn't necessarily mean he's absolutely awful, I think the situation itself more than speaks to the idea that there don't seem to be many (if any) teams out there, that come close to agreeing with the pedestal he's been placed on by some fans. While it may not be a definitive measure of how good or bad he'll be over the course of his NFL career, you have to admit that if team's really believed he was destined to be one of the NFL's next great QBs, this offseason would have gone a bit differently than it did.

Fair enough, and while the circumstances of this offseason alone doesn't necessarily mean he's absolutely awful, I think the situation itself more than speaks to the idea that there don't seem to be many (if any) teams out there, that come close to agreeing with the pedestal he's been placed on by some fans. While it may not be a definitive measure of how good or bad he'll be over the course of his NFL career, you have to admit that if team's really believed he was destined to be one of the NFL's next great QBs, this offseason would have gone a bit differently than it did.

That's true. And I don't believe he is, either. I think it's the pedestal that Sanchez is placed on by some Jet fans that gets under my skin. Even if a foot high, it is still too much.

The more I post, the smaller corner I'm painting myself into. The corner where, if Sanchez fails, I was right and if he succeeds, I'm an idiot. And all I'm really saying is that I have seen no evidence that this guy is going to turn into one of the dozen or so best QB's in the league. Which has been my main point to begin with.

I'm done with this discussion. Go Sanchez, go Jets. Training camp is 21 hours away!

That's true. And I don't believe he is, either. I think it's the pedestal that Sanchez is placed on by some Jet fans that gets under my skin. Even if a foot high, it is still too much.

The more I post, the smaller corner I'm painting myself into. The corner where, if Sanchez fails, I was right and if he succeeds, I'm an idiot. And all I'm really saying is that I have seen no evidence that this guy is going to turn into one of the dozen or so best QB's in the league. Which has been my main point to begin with.

I'm done with this discussion. Go Sanchez, go Jets. Training camp is 21 hours away!

Haha, fair enough. I guess my point is that I'm just about done with Sanchez myself, and was pushing for the Jets to get themselves another QB (just not Tebow). Before his Week 17 game changed everything, I was hoping they could sign Flynn to compete with Sanchez in camp, and then once the season ended I wanted them to grab a QB in the draft, with the idea being they could start grooming a new QB while giving Sanchez his one last shot. Then they went and signed Sanchez to an extension and traded for what I felt was one of the worst possible options in Tebow.

The last thing I want to see this team do is waste even more years by having a merry-go-round of Sanchez and one of the few QBs in this league I think is clearly worse than him. As far as I'm concerned, if there isn't some clear, unquestionable, top flight QB play seen on this team this year, they all need to be gone next year. The only real difference between the two is I have the teeniest tiniest shred of optimism that maybe Sanchez could get his crap together, but have seen nothing to make me feel the same about Tebow. I guess that's the reason the Tebow-mania drives me nuts, because while I agree with you that some of the hype Sanchez gets from some fans can be a bit much, Tebow's is even greater despite being the freakin' backup and an even worse QB (at least in my opinion).

If Elway was so smart.. why did he predict that "Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win" along with Fox ..and appreciably gave him the starting job of a franchise..Orton's mechanics have had him at three (or four ?) teams in the last three years..

NO, I am not here to defend or defy logic in reference to Tim Tebow or whatever..

It is, however, illogical, at best to say, that a QB on the JETS roster, who owns 4NCAA Div 1 QB records and a couple few NFL QB records, and on and on is "not a QB"...He certainly isn't the prolific stunner that some passers are, but being able to do other things beside being a pocket gun is, for all intents and purposes, where many teams are going..

Why Brady stays in the pocket unless its on the one yard line

Rookie Seasons and/or first 16 NFL starts in first 2 seasons:

Tebow 33 TD's 15 T-O's (20 TD's - 9 Ints, 13 TD's - 6 LPF's) W/L 9-7

P.Manning 24 TD's, 28 Ints (NFL Rookie Int Record) W/L 3-13

J.Elway 7 TD's, 14 Ints, with a below 50% completion %.

M.Sanchez 12 TD's, 20 Ints. (coaches admit he's a turnover machine after 3 NFL seasons)

But Tebow is the ONLY ONE of those 4 that has NO HOPE of ever becoming an NFL quality QB????

Even though every coach ever associated with Tim says that he works harder, every single day to get better,

than any other player that they have ever seen!

WTF - Over..... :animal0029:

Well I appreciate that, and don't get me wrong, completion percentage is far from the be all, end all of QBing, and I'm certainly not trying to say that it is. :-P

The only reason I mentioned it, was really in response to Jet-T's most recent painfully long post (and coming from me, that's saying something) that goes on and on letting us know about the oh so impressive stats from Tebow's pee-wee league days. Meanwhile, it's just staggering to see how much worse he was than literally every other QB in the league last year in that particular area (which is really the main reason I find it at all noteworthy). I don't disagree with you that Sanchez's numbers are quite sad themselves, which only makes it that much worse. I agree that it was hardly a great case being made there, but I'll simply admit I wasn't trying all that hard to make one, but really just kind of pointing out the irony of how much Jet-T's likes to quote any stat he can dig up of Tebow's since the day he was born, yet manages to completely ignore one that jumps off of the page like that.

If you ask me, both of these guys have a long way to go in order to be considered legit franchise QBs (I just happen to like Sanchez's odds a little better, but that's not really saying much).

First off, I only use Tim's HS or college stats when they are appropriate to counter the false claims of the idiots.

(claims like Tebow has never been a successful QB)

This is better than the 'painfully stupid lies' from those with the short dumb posts imoho.

Continuing to claim that I base Tim's NFL performance on his Pee-wee years is just another lame lie.

Saint John El' Dimway was the first one to whine about Tim's Completion % to the exclusion of ALL of the rest of his stats.

Do you know why? It's because of HoF SB winning St. Dim-way's own sterling rookie season and stats of course:

Rookie Elway:

Passing 123 of 259, 47.5% for 1,663 yds, 6.4 yds/att -- 13.5 yds/comp.

For 7 TD's to 14 Interceptions. and a 54.9 PER

Tebow's NFL (after first 16 starts)

Tim's 2 seasons / 16 starts:

Passing - 186 of 400, 46.5% for 2,835 yds, 7.1 yds/att -- 15.3 yds/comp.

For 20 TD's, 9 Ints, and a 77.7 PER

Total Offense: 4,285 yds with 33 TD's to just 15 T-O's for a 9-7 W/L record,

> for a team that was 4-14 without him as starting QB. <

========================

Also, I believe that Mark and Tim had a head up NFL game in 2011 with a playoff berth waiting down the road.

Tell me, which NFL QB led his team on a 90+ yard 4th quarter dirve to win the game and make it to the playoffs?

Yep, it was the Sanchize of course..... doh!

Their Yds/Att might me close, but why don't any of you ever compare their YARDS PER COMPLETION.

Tim's is 15.3 yards per completion, what's dink & dunk Mark's?

Or how about comparing their Total TD's per Turnover Ratio?

Or since Mark has an arm and Tim doesn't, how about just the TD/Int Ratio?

(crickets)

IS Tim already at the All Pro level?

Nope, not at all.

Will Tim ever be at the All Pro level?

Nobody knows, but he's got a better beginning that many QB's who did eventually make All Pro.

And that's all I'm claiming.

While the liars/idiots make the claim that a QB that already has a winning (9-7) NFL record,

and a Playoff win in just his 15th NFL start won't ever be. :animal0029:

First off, I only use Tim's HS or college stats when they are appropriate to counter the false claims of the idiots.

I'm just going to stop you right there. This is the NFL. Those stats are not relevant. Ever.

Beyond that, the comparisons you try to make are just flat out laughable. The conclusions you are trying to forge are so inherently flawed, that there's nothing even to debate there, because it defies logic. Using your method of evaluation, you could make an argument for every player who was ever stepped foot in the NFL being destined for greatness just because someone before them turned out to be good after playing like crap at the start of their career. Unfortunately this just so happens to be ignoring the obvious elephant in the room that there's a much, much longer last of players who's crappy starts led to crappy careers.

Why? Because they didnt trade for him? lol

They must think Peyton Manning sucks!!!

You don't see the inherent difference between signing a 36 year-old QB with a possibly career-threatening neck-injury who didn't play all last year to a $100 million contract and trading a mid-round pick for a young, healthy QB still locked up for another 3 years for next to nothing? That's not even getting into the questions of things like Manning's interest (or lack thereof) in them, or their team's ability to afford it.

You don't see the inherent difference between signing a 36 year-old QB with a possibly career-threatening neck-injury who didn't play all last year to a $100 million contract and trading a mid-round pick for a young, healthy QB still locked up for another 3 years for next to nothing? That's not even getting into the questions of things like Manning's interest (or lack thereof) in them, or their team's ability to afford it.

No but you saying they dont agree with me because they didnt trade for him contains similar caveats. What if Denver didnt want to trade with them? What if they didnt have the pick Denver was looking for? What if those teams value picks or he doesnt fit their system etc.

Bottom line is, it was a silly comment. Possibly the greatest QB of all time was a FA this season, and only 1 team got him. So 31 teams wanted nothing to do with Manning.

No but you saying they dont agree with me because they didnt trade for him contains similar caveats. What if Denver didnt want to trade with them? What if they didnt have the pick Denver was looking for? What if those teams value picks or he doesnt fit their system etc.

Bottom line is, it was a silly comment. Possibly the greatest QB of all time was a FA this season, and only 1 team got him. So 31 teams wanted nothing to do with Manning.

If Manning was signed for significantly less money to be a team's backup, then perhaps there would be a point of comparison. But he wasn't. The amount teams are willing to give up for a player absolutely speaks to how much they value said player. Manning was valued enough to get a long term contract for $100 million despite getting towards the end of his career, coming off a major injury and not having played in over a year. Tebow, on the other hand, while young and healthy, was traded for a 4th rounder to be a team's backup. Not to mention the deal almost fell apart because of the Jets lack of interest in paying out an extra few million dollars and was only worked out because Denver was willing to split the difference with them in order to make the trade happen. And that was the best offer they got. There's a variety of reasons why it could be that was their best offer received, but the bottom line is nobody seemed to feel he was worth more than that.

If Manning was signed for significantly less money to be a team's backup, then perhaps there would be a point of comparison. But he wasn't. The amount teams are willing to give up for a player absolutely speaks to how much they value said player. Manning was valued enough to get a long term contract for $100 million despite getting towards the end of his career, coming off a major injury and not having played in over a year. Tebow, on the other hand, while young and healthy, was traded for a 4th rounder to be a team's backup. Not to mention the deal almost fell apart because of the Jets lack of interest in paying out an extra few million dollars and was only worked out because Denver was willing to split the difference with them in order to make the trade happen. And that was the best offer they got. There's a variety of reasons why it could be that was their best offer received, but the bottom line is nobody seemed to feel he was worth more than that.

OMG with this poop. Arizona traded a 1st rounder for Kolb last year. Seattle just signed a FA QB. The Bills resigned Fitz on a long term deal. Miami was in the mix if you recall but were eliminated as trading partners. And then ultimately Tim had a say in the matter.

Slats asked does Tebow upgrade anyone's starting QB in the league. I gave you some teams that I believe he would. Just because they didnt trade for him doesnt mean they dont agree. Many factors play into it. Which is why I laughed at you and used Manning as an example. Age and injury be damned.

If Elway was so smart.. why did he predict that "Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win" along with Fox ..and appreciably gave him the starting job of a franchise..Orton's mechanics have had him at three (or four ?) teams in the last three years..

NO, I am not here to defend or defy logic in reference to Tim Tebow or whatever..

It is, however, illogical, at best to say, that a QB on the JETS roster, who owns 4NCAA Div 1 QB records and a couple few NFL QB records, and on and on is "not a QB"...He certainly isn't the prolific stunner that some passers are, but being able to do other things beside being a pocket gun is, for all intents and purposes, where many teams are going..

Why Brady stays in the pocket unless its on the one yard line

that video made me lol all over

OMG with this poop. Arizona traded a 1st rounder for Kolb last year. Seattle just signed a FA QB. The Bills resigned Fitz on a long term deal. Miami was in the mix if you recall but were eliminated as trading partners. And then ultimately Tim had a say in the matter.

Slats asked does Tebow upgrade anyone's starting QB in the league. I gave you some teams that I believe he would. Just because they didnt trade for him doesnt mean they dont agree. Many factors play into it. Which is why I laughed at you and used Manning as an example. Age and injury be damned.

Keep bringing up Manning all you like, but he actually got his big contract and a starting job. Tebow is currently sitting on the Jets' bench. I know you have a hard-on for the kid, but if any team felt that great about him being their starter, he probably would be one for a team right now. The fact that just last year a team was willing to trade a 1st rounder for Kevin freakin' Kolb does nothing to help your case.

Keep bringing up Manning all you like, but he actually got his big contract and a starting job. Tebow is currently sitting on the Jets' bench. I know you have a hard-on for the kid, but if any team felt that great about him being their starter, he probably would be one for a team right now. The fact that just last year a team was willing to trade a 1st rounder for Kevin freakin' Kolb does nothing to help your case.

Kolb indeed helps my case as Arizona was one of my examples. They spent a 1st rounder on him last year, I could see why a team wouldnt want to trade picks for another mediocre QB the very next offseason even though there is a strong possibility Tebow improves them at the QB position. holy sh*t man

Why didnt Arizona sign Manning, they must not think he improves their QB position right?

"...and Tim Tebow wins his third SB with the JETS, using his famous *windmill* pass, and intercepting his own fumble/punt block in the final two seconds of the game..." - Rich Eisen, somewhere in the future, possibly...

JETS fans pissed ?

Archived