Fight Club Mafia - May your ass be kicked

Pac

Not sure but leaning no as I think 80 is most likely town. I think his blatant rolefishing would be too blatant and WIFOMy for him to pull as scum right after doing a pussy move like sheeping Crusher while expressing reluctance.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a SMC train since you say he's scum... and a competing train on 80 who you think is town, but made a glaringly scummy enough post or 2 to warrant other scum pushing his train in order to opportunistically divert from SMC?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing crytpically doesn't either. Now you're just a WIFOM we have to clear up.

Unvote vote Wombat

He's more of a WIFOM to scum than he is to the town right now. I happen to think that if he's cryptically slow-playing a scum result on SMC to see what kind of broad reactions he gets, it's a great play. Way more informative that a full reveal and speed lynch. I think this is why you are really coming across very scummy so far this game.

Meh, what else is new.

You've come to rely pretty heavily on us all coming to this conclusion as well. Making you being as blatantly scummy as you are this game, just as big a WIFOM we should deal with (as you say about Wombat).

What's really curious about this to me, is that Wombat was the first to suggest that you were being too blatant. Almost getting a gambit-ey feel from you two. Like he's trying to draw out a cop claim, and you are distancing from him or something. Keep going... it's starting to get interesting.

Official Vote Count:

Wombat (6) - Verb, Nolder, SMC, BG, DPR, Jetfat80

BG (1) - Dan

Verb (1) - AVM

DPR (1) - JiF

JiF (2) - Blob, JC

SMC (2) - Wombat, JVoR

JetFat80 (4) - JiF, CTM, Tina, Leelou

Nolder (1) - Smash

With 19 alive, it takes 10 punches to get knocked out

Why is anyone even listening to Wombat? He admittedly plays by asymmetrical logic that he never bothers to explain, so his comments really on serve as a distraction to anyone else in the game but him. Run him up and at least pin him down to a role so that he can't do too much speculative damage if he is mafia. Then, imo, we need to start sifting through possible PR's and determine who is distracting vs. genuinely playing. A PR heavy game can really benefit the mafia if we pay too much attention to contrived posts.

I'm sorry, there's really nothing about this post that actually makes sense to me... "fairly clearly" and "fairly blatantly" are both contradictory statements. Clearly and blatantly insinuate certainty. Fairly stipulates a lack of certainty. Statements like this resonate as "really but not really" and undermine whatever point you are trying to make.

As for the conclusion you've reached that I "trust" Wombat, you sound that much more silly. You've played with me before, I rarely trust anyone, but I am always willing to let some stuff play out and even support someone I don't totally trust as I feel it's more likely to garner info... like the time I made the head-fake move when Christine and Jetscode had competing trains. Curse me in your QT for making you guess what I'm really thinking.

The only thing this post seems designed to do is undermine myself and Wombat, but without logic or even rationale.

You're fairly stupid and fairly annoying, you fairly big jackass.

The funny thing about this post of yours is that all you have do is switch some names and the last sentence explains your own posting in this game better than anything. You ramble on with useless drivel like this, but act like just because it's coming from you, it should actually be worth more than the garbage it is. You can make all of the excuses you like as to why, but the truth is you were defending Wombat and his antics. That you don't want to fully commit to supporting him does nothing to make that any less sketchy, especially since all it took was one person to question you on it, for you to go out of your way to start building a platform for your future defense if Wombat turns out to be scum. Sorry to break it to you, but nobody really buys this idea that every time you make a bad play, it was really an ingenious move of pure brilliance that you had planned out all along, and the fact that it netted absolutely no positive information just so happens to be everyone else's fault.

You're fairly stupid and fairly annoying, you fairly big jackass.

The funny thing about this post of yours is that all you have do is switch some names and the last sentence explains your own posting in this game better than anything. You ramble on with useless drivel like this, but act like just because it's coming from you, it should actually be worth more than the garbage it is. You can make all of the excuses you like as to why, but the truth is you were defending Wombat and his antics. That you don't want to fully commit to supporting him does nothing to make that any less sketchy, especially since all it took was one person to question you on it, for you to go out of your way to start building a platform for your future defense if Wombat turns out to be scum. Sorry to break it to you, but nobody really buys this idea that every time you make a bad play, it was really an ingenious move of pure brilliance that you had planned out all along, and the fact that it netted absolutely no positive information just so happens to be everyone else's fault.

Hahaha, yeah, you won't garner the same reaction from me that you did Smash last game. Try as you might, you calling people names is one of the more feeble things we see in mafia on a regular basis.

Apart from that, all I see is you trying to attach me to Wombat as "defending him" because you cannot get your head around the idea that I might encourage him because 1) his play doesn't make sense to me as a scum play, and 2) I want to see where things go.

At the moment, I'm not sure if what you are doing is the same sort of "attaching" that is symptomatic of townie play, or what I caught a couple people doing last game where they were lining up D2 lynches on D1 results BEFORE we had them.

Also, I didn't think "seeing what happens" was a brilliant play, nor did I assume anyone else would see it that way. So your final remarks see more like you are over-selling a way to interpret what I'm doing, or just failing at making one of CTM's jokes about me. Doofus.

Right now my top reads for scum:

SMC

JiF

DPR

I'm feeling like at least 2 out of the 4 are scum/3rd party. The list isn't in any particular order, but all 4 of them have felt off to me. For now:

Vote: SMC

This feels like an easy list coming from you. Not sure. You've been feeling off to me, but maybe I just want you to talk to me more. :)

What's bothering you about JiF/80? You usually read them better than I do.

This feels like an easy list coming from you. Not sure. You've been feeling off to me, but maybe I just want you to talk to me more. :)

What's bothering you about JiF/80? You usually read them better than I do.

Explain what you mean by "easy list". Do you have a list of your own?

Explain what you mean by "easy list". Do you have a list of your own?

Meaning, it's fairly easy for him to make a case against any of them in any game. All of their names have already been floated out multiple times. I typically like the way JVOR points me in directions I wouldn't notice on my own.

Meaning, it's fairly easy for him to make a case against any of them in any game. All of their names have already been floated out multiple times. I typically like the way JVOR points me in directions I wouldn't notice on my own.

And if he'd voted or FOS'ed people that weren't top of mind, might you be hinting suspicion at him for focusing his attention away from the action and instead on what might be considered a lost cause, as scum often does this to lay low? Any thoughts to support that Verbal vote since I have audience with you?

And if he'd voted or FOS'ed people that weren't top of mind, might you be hinting suspicion at him for focusing his attention away from the action and instead on what might be considered a lost cause, as scum often does this to lay low? Any thoughts to support that Verbal vote since I have audience with you?

I didn't like his reaction to you vs. CTM.

1) JiF -- leaning scum

2) CTM -- town

4) DPR -- town

5) Wombat -- scum

7) SMC -- town

8) Crusher -- town

9) Nolder -- town

10) BG -- neutral

11) AVM -- neutral

13) Tina -- neutral

14) Ape -- neutral

15) Verb -- scum

16) 80 -- town

17) Dan X -- town

18) Leelou -- town

19) JVoR -- neutral

20) JC -- scum

21) Smash -- neutral

22) Christine -- town

I didn't like his reaction to you vs. CTM.

In what regard? I mean there were plenty of people, BG, Smash, and others that were all uppity about me and CTM bickering. You seemed to avoid it, maybe I'm wrong about CTM and you were avoiding town-on-town violence?

You know what else I'm curious about? I had a 1-dimensional tell-based case on CTM on D1, and CTM slung out 5 different defense/desperation- driven cases against me, guaranteed I'm scum, then pushed/voted the Sharrow train after the guarantee about me, then came back to me after I called him on it, then back to Sharrow and now here we are on D2, I leave him alone, and no more guarantees from him about my alignment, and he totally moves on... and this has not occurred to any of our super-observant, "good" players.

And you are voting someone based on how they reacted to me and CTM, without any new info about either CTM or myself surfacing...

Vote JiF

If confirmed townie Crusher doesn't feel good about him, I sure don't. The only reason I don't feel confident in this vote is that the scum team is doing well so far. Every scum team with JiF on it in Mafia history has been an unmitigated disaster, with Dan X bailing him out that one time.

Playing crytpically doesn't either. Now you're just a WIFOM we have to clear up.

Unvote vote Wombat

80 is just giving me a vibe of being cautious and reserved, almost like he's afraid of making a false step, which is what I don't expect from him. Usually, he's more like an open book and posts whatever the hell he wants, but he's noticeably quitter. That was what originally started to not really like what he had to sell.

The top post above is him copping out with a "follow the leader" type post. Again, not being an ass, but 80 is kind of bumbling, spammy, and aggressive in his own charming way when he's town. The bottom post happened after I made my FOSes, but it again just seems like he's placing a convenient vote on Wombat just because he's acting a little crazy. If you're scum right now, you're probably really concerned with the Wifom type play Wombat is making right now. He may or may not be spewing bs or be truth telling, which means that scum would probably just want him lynched and out of the way...or at a minimum to force him into a corner to claim something.

JiF's largely a similar story. He's usually an aggressive trendsetter that starts to bulldog someone when he gets a whiff of something. Hasn't happened yet. Also didn't like his post about "settling the arguments" between several players. Seems like a post filled with agenda.

Now that I've explained myself, I think I have to mention the fact that it hasn't been lost on me that Dan X has been pressing me, Bleedin, and Verbal. What's your rationale for voting Verbal?

I'm starting to get leery of Dan going after me off the bat because of course I can read her pretty well. It's feeling like proactively going after me now would discount me later on if I pick up on more of her scum tells. Dan getting on me for the names I listed also makes me suspicious that she's starting to make a subtle defend of a possible teammate that I listed. If I remember correctly, Dan never took a stance on Ape vs. CTM, didn't really get into the fray on Day one about Sharrow and has been kind of just sat on a few candidates without pursuing it further. Me not liking it.

1) JiF -- leaning scum

2) CTM -- town

4) DPR -- town

5) Wombat -- scum

7) SMC -- town

8) Crusher -- town

9) Nolder -- town

10) BG -- neutral

11) AVM -- neutral

13) Tina -- neutral

14) Ape -- neutral

15) Verb -- scum

16) 80 -- town

17) Dan X -- town

18) Leelou -- town

19) JVoR -- neutral

20) JC -- scum

21) Smash -- neutral

22) Christine -- town

Interesting, can you explain the read on JC, SMC, and DPR?

80 is just giving me a vibe of being cautious and reserved, almost like he's afraid of making a false step, which is what I don't expect from him. Usually, he's more like an open book and posts whatever the hell he wants, but he's noticeably quitter. That was what originally started to not really like what he had to sell.

The top post above is him copping out with a "follow the leader" type post. Again, not being an ass, but 80 is kind of bumbling, spammy, and aggressive in his own charming way when he's town. The bottom post happened after I made my FOSes, but it again just seems like he's placing a convenient vote on Wombat just because he's acting a little crazy. If you're scum right now, you're probably really concerned with the Wifom type play Wombat is making right now. He may or may not be spewing bs or be truth telling, which means that scum would probably just want him lynched and out of the way...or at a minimum to force him into a corner to claim something.

JiF's largely a similar story. He's usually an aggressive trendsetter that starts to bulldog someone when he gets a whiff of something. Hasn't happened yet. Also didn't like his post about "settling the arguments" between several players. Seems like a post filled with agenda.

Now that I've explained myself, I think I have to mention the fact that it hasn't been lost on me that Dan X has been pressing me, Bleedin, and Verbal. What's your rationale for voting Verbal?

I'm starting to get leery of Dan going after me off the bat because of course I can read her pretty well. It's feeling like proactively going after me now would discount me later on if I pick up on more of her scum tells. Dan getting on me for the names I listed also makes me suspicious that she's starting to make a subtle defend of a possible teammate that I listed. If I remember correctly, Dan never took a stance on Ape vs. CTM, didn't really get into the fray on Day one about Sharrow and has been kind of just sat on a few candidates without pursuing it further. Me not liking it.

Real life LOL! So now I would bet money you're scum. :D You're still the cutest.

unvote

vote JVOR!!

You're like the 3rd person to mention this and its how I play all the time. I'm all about sorting through things because I always have an agenda that helps me see the game better not matter what my alignment.

Aggregate 80/Wombat scumdar readings (equal weightings, 0 = town, 10 = scum):

1) JiF - 5.75

2) CTM - 2.5

4) DPR - 2.5

5) Wombat - 5

7) SMC - 5

8) Crusher - 0

9) Nolder - 5

10) BG - 5

11) AVM - 5

13) Tina - 5

14) Ape - 5