How about trying Hunter at guard ?

bear

From watching Hunter against against JPP I notice his footwork , and technique was really bad for a tackle. His kick step in pass protection is ok, but when JPP put on the speedrush Hunter was too slow. Hunter turned his body towards JPP , making him unbalanced. At this point JPP could do as he wish . If I remember correctly this was the same problem Robert Gallery had. Moving him from the island , and bumping him down to guard between Brick , and Nick in my opinion would be a great move. What do you think ?

From watching Hunter against against JPP I notice his footwork , and technique was really bad for a tackle. His kick step in pass protection is ok, but when JPP put on the speedrush Hunter was too slow. Hunter turned his body towards JPP , making him unbalanced. At this point JPP could do as he wish . If I remember correctly this was the same problem Robert Gallery had. Moving him from the island , and bumping him down to guard between Brick , and Nick in my opinion would be a great move. What do you think ?

My guess is he'll work with both the T's and G's throughout the season, if he stays a backup. That way, both he and Vlad could start the "freakishly athletic backup OL that have been given every chance to earn a starting job, but continue to get beaten out by former late round picks and UDFA" club.

I don't think he's powerful enough to play on the interior... word is that he wasn't capable of spotting Jetman67 in the gym.

I don't think he's powerful enough to play on the interior... word is that he wasn't capable of spotting Jetman67 in the gym.

cant even cut him as the brilliant tanny gave him a $3M guaranteed contract,Tanny then had the nerve to ask him for a paycut, Hunter is awful but not stupid

The role he is best suited for is the one they plan to give him. Bring him in for 2 or 3 snaps a game where the ball is actually passed and the only other times you bring him in is to run block in short yardage situations. Hes just not good. He never has been good. He had a good game against Chicago a few years back and did ok against the Steelers in the playoffs. The rest of the time he has been bad. But this is the Jets and all you need is one good performance for the coach and front office to say "I bet we can get him to do that for 16 games" as they completely turn a blind eye to the other 30 some games of experience a player has where they stink.

He's crazy athletic. I don't get why he's so bad at tackle. Must be technique or focus?

Balance. He has bad feet. He's probably the strongest guy on the team but he's easily taken off balance and then down goes our QB. Guard, then, seems like a much better fit. He doesn't need to work in space and he can basically bench press DL's. Can he pull or chip to LB's? Don't know. We haven't had that type of talent since Faneca.

mark schlereth said they jets should try him there, because he doesn't have the lateral quickness to play outside, and he specifically mentioned gallery as an example

good call

Certainly is not quick enough to play tackle. It's worth a try at least.

Archived