Usually I am the eternal optimist, but...

greeniemeanie

Funny.

Hey, I can recall the sports talkers and writers saying the jets had no chance in the 09 playoffs as well as the 10 playoffs. The main reason being Sanchez and his inadequacies. We beat two teams each year that we weren't supposed to. I seriously believe that it's better to be underestimated than touted in most cases. As far as last season, we were one win from the playoffs when it all boils down and had more than one game that we lost that was winnable. Without the BS miami game where the team "imploded" there isn't all this drastic talk of how bad the Jets were. It's way overblown.

Am I psyched about the offense and all that? Not really, but to have everyone calling us a 6 win team is unfounded IMO. It's blood in the water mentality and a lot of our own fan base is drinking the coolaid.

We need to improve but the truth is that Sanchez HAS improved every year and without the help of having either a consistent WR group or running game. I look for him to be much better than everyone is thinking and our O, while not being dominant, to be serviceable.

Like I said, I like that no one see's it. I think the Jets do too.

You know, a year ago I would've believed in you and been all for Sanchize. But after watching year after year of mediocrity. The excuses are starting to run out. Maybe, its not the o line or the receivers or the running back or the oc, maybe its the fact that Sanchize just plain sucks. Dude can't throw, and other than the defense and hoping Tebow can pull off the magic he did in Denver, I don't have much hope in our current situation right now. You need an offense to win games after all, and we definitely don't have passing game and our running game is horrendous.

Funny.

Hey, I can recall the sports talkers and writers saying the jets had no chance in the 09 playoffs as well as the 10 playoffs. The main reason being Sanchez and his inadequacies. We beat two teams each year that we weren't supposed to. I seriously believe that it's better to be underestimated than touted in most cases. As far as last season, we were one win from the playoffs when it all boils down and had more than one game that we lost that was winnable. Without the BS miami game where the team "imploded" there isn't all this drastic talk of how bad the Jets were. It's way overblown.

Am I psyched about the offense and all that? Not really, but to have everyone calling us a 6 win team is unfounded IMO. It's blood in the water mentality and a lot of our own fan base is drinking the coolaid.

We need to improve but the truth is that Sanchez HAS improved every year and without the help of having either a consistent WR group or running game. I look for him to be much better than everyone is thinking and our O, while not being dominant, to be serviceable.

Like I said, I like that no one see's it. I think the Jets do too.

Well, even with Sanchez's 4th quarter fumble loss while trying to mount a comeback, Romo unbelievably late-giftwrapped week 1 for a second time and we had a late stupid-lucky blocked punt return TD, so that certainly evens out any loss chalked up as unlucky.

The Washington game was also iced by sack-fumbling Grossman and recovering the ball on their 9. The final score makes it look like a blowout, meanwhile they were winning the game halfway through the 4th quarter. We got a little lucky there as well.

Against Buffalo, without 6'5" Plaxico's impossible full-extension, one-handed catch of a pass thrown over his wrong shoulder on 3rd down, we line up for a 53 yard FG attempt to tie the game with 2 minutes left instead of scoring a TD that gave us a 4-point lead with 1 minute left. Buffalo, who was moving the ball through the air with ease that game, would have had plenty of time to get into FG range. Another one we squeaked out by a catch that usually grazes fingertips if even that much.

We caught enough game-deciding breaks last season and, without just these 3 mentioned above, could have finished 5-11.

Sorry. Been drinking a little ...

'

Miyagi: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later

[makes squish gesture]

Miyagi: get squish just like grape. Here, drinking, same thing. Either drinking do "yes" or drinking do "no." You drinking do "guess so,"

[makes squish gesture]

Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?

Well, even with Sanchez's 4th quarter fumble loss while trying to mount a comeback, Romo unbelievably late-giftwrapped week 1 for a second time and we had a late stupid-lucky blocked punt return TD, so that certainly evens out any loss chalked up as unlucky.

The Washington game was also iced by sack-fumbling Grossman and recovering the ball on their 9. The final score makes it look like a blowout, meanwhile they were winning the game halfway through the 4th quarter. We got a little lucky there as well.

Against Buffalo, without 6'5" Plaxico's impossible full-extension, one-handed catch of a pass thrown over his wrong shoulder on 3rd down, we line up for a 53 yard FG attempt to tie the game with 2 minutes left instead of scoring a TD that gave us a 4-point lead with 1 minute left. Buffalo, who was moving the ball through the air with ease that game, would have had plenty of time to get into FG range. Another one we squeaked out by a catch that usually grazes fingertips if even that much.

We caught enough game-deciding breaks last season and, without just these 3 mentioned above, could have finished 5-11.

Lucky punt blocks and catches??? That's not the strongest argument t say we would have been 5-11. Those things are part of the game. The games we lost were just as unlucky as those were lucky. Was David tyree's catch in the superbowl somehow negated because it was out of the ordinary and ...... lucky ?

The point I was making was that while we were less effective as a team than the two season's prior, it was not the complete mess that is being portrayed. You and I are on the exact opposite side of the same argument really. We're staring at the same half full/empty glass. Guess which side I'm on?

You know, a year ago I would've believed in you and been all for Sanchize. But after watching year after year of mediocrity. The excuses are starting to run out. Maybe, its not the o line or the receivers or the running back or the oc, maybe its the fact that Sanchize just plain sucks. Dude can't throw, and other than the defense and hoping Tebow can pull off the magic he did in Denver, I don't have much hope in our current situation right now. You need an offense to win games after all, and we definitely don't have passing game and our running game is horrendous.

I hear ya, but the truth is that we don't know what we have yet. The entore philosophy has changed since last season. LT is gone, Plax is gone. WE haven't even seen our starting WR corp. We're still shuffling the O line still. Believe me, I'm just as nervous as the rest of you, but come on. It's been two preseason games that we are all so bummed about here.

I hope you are right. With close to 50 years of the Jets under my belt I have way too much scar tissue to be overly optimistic. Add the Mets to the equation for even more trauma.

Dude, I'm actually a Nets fan on top of everything too. I get it believe me. I also have 31 years of the Jets BS under my belt as well. At least you have a Super Bowl. LOL

I got nuttin!!!!

Listen, I'm watching the same stuff you are, I just see no reason to be unhappy about things when we haven't even been shown what's going to be on the field yet. I'm more interested in watching the 3rd stringers and the new guys to see how they move around and perform. A TD sure would be nice, but it's not what it's all about at this point.

I'm just trying to enjoy this turd of a preseason we have here. :D

Lucky punt blocks and catches??? That's not the strongest argument t say we would have been 5-11. Those things are part of the game. The games we lost were just as unlucky as those were lucky. Was David tyree's catch in the superbowl somehow negated because it was out of the ordinary and ...... lucky ?

The point I was making was that while we were less effective as a team than the two season's prior, it was not the complete mess that is being portrayed. You and I are on the exact opposite side of the same argument really. We're staring at the same half full/empty glass. Guess which side I'm on?

Tyree's catch was lucky for the Giants, as was Samuel dropping a pick he catches at least 9x out of 10.

It doesn't negate anything. But pointing out how we could have won another 2 games without pointing out how we could have easily lost another 3. I'm only pointing out that pendullum swings both ways; it's not as though 8-8 was the worst case scenario of the season last year.

Revis also got away with some PI's. Finally nice to have a player the refs give all the benefit of the doubt to.

Tyree's catch was lucky for the Giants, as was Samuel dropping a pick he catches at least 9x out of 10.

It doesn't negate anything. But pointing out how we could have won another 2 games without pointing out how we could have easily lost another 3. I'm only pointing out that pendullum swings both ways; it's not as though 8-8 was the worst case scenario of the season last year.

Revis also got away with some PI's. Finally nice to have a player the refs give all the benefit of the doubt to.

Agreed, and it's rare for us, but I feel like that might be coming to a close for him especially if the replacement refs stick around.

As for as the rest of your post, I hear you, but the whole point I'm trying to make is that it wasn't the implosion it's being reported as. Was it bad? Sure. The thing is that it's not like we were getting blown out week in week out or that our offense couldn't do anything all season. Remember we were 8-5 (i'm pretty sure) at one point going to play the Giants who at that time all the talk was that Coughlin was getting fired. It was a late season slide that sucked.

We can do this all day I'm sure and I'm not saying that your points don't have any validity. I'm just not feeling as down on either Sanchez or the Jets as a whole at this moment.

Archived