Who Loves Mark Sanchez?

slats

Who Loves Mark Sanchez?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. My opinion of Mark Sanchez is....

• He's a very good QB or better who's been hamstrung by Schottenheimer and Tannenbaum's ineptitude
    • He generally sucks, but I still haven't given up on him. He does start for the team I root for and stuff.
    • Maybe he'll get it in his 30's like Gannon or Plunkett, but he'll never be a good QB on the Jets.
    • He was born sucking and he'll suck until the day he dies.

Your basing all of this off of one game. This is coming off as hating cause if you were to ask anybody who isn't a Jets fan on which qb they would rather have, Newton or Sanchez, the answer would be Newton. Now let's look at statistics, Cam Newton in his rookie year had a completion rate of 60%. Sanchez in 2011 had a completion rate of 56.7%. This is hating. Sanchez played good tonight, but don't get ahead of yourself now. Cam Newton is the better qb, and until Sanchez proves otherwise no claim can be made.

OK, whatever you say, Junior.

Keep studying those statistics.

LOL.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez is still the same QB. He's an average, middle of the road QB. Lets not make too much of 1 game against Buffalo.

I'm not basing it on one game. I'm basing it on a 3 year career and the fact that most great QB's take 3-5 years to become great.

He's not there yet, but I believe he could turn out to be the best QB this franchise has ever had and that's saying alot since we do have a Hall of Fame player at that position.

I'm not ashamed to say that I've been a big supporter of his since year 1.

The kid is a gamer. He plays his best in big moments and he will win over the naysayers who can get over the fact that they'll have to admit they were wrong.

I'm not basing it on one game. I'm basing it on a 3 year career and the fact that most great QB's take 3-5 years to become great.

He's not there yet, but I believe he could turn out to be the best QB this franchise has ever had and that's saying alot since we do have a Hall of Fame player at that position.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'vew been a big supporter of his since year 1.

The kid is a gamer. He plays his best in big moments and he will win over the naysayers who can get over the fact that they'll have to admit they were wrong.

While i agree he could be the best we've had, Im just not as high on him. He'll never be a Brady or Manning, but hopefully he can be enough of a gamer to lead us to glory. he does have something special about him. That cant be denied.

Pwned how, by how I'm to lazy to look up grammer. Or by how the fact that the guy completely disregards statistics and makes an argument based off of nothing in how Sanchez is better than Newton.

If you need to actually look up the difference between "your" and "you're," you have no business calling anyone else an idiot.

And it's TOO lazy. Lol!

Pwned how, by how I'm to lazy to look up grammer. Or by how the fact that the guy completely disregards statistics and makes an argument based off of nothing in how Sanchez is better than Newton.

Grammer. Your and you're. its really not that difficult. And poor spelling could affect your career.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/worklife/are-poor-spelling-and-bad-grammar-affecting-your-career/story-fn7j1dox-1226466140522

POOR spelling and grammar can affect (not effect) your career, your business and how you're perceived as a professional.

The lack of basic literacy skills among some younger employees and recent graduates has become such a problem for businesses that some are introducing language and grammar lessons.

Anna Underhill, a consultant at HR firm Maxumise, said poor spelling and grammar use by employees had become a serious issue for employers.

Ms Underhill said organisations spend large sums of money on corporate branding in logos and marketing only to have the good work undone by sloppy correspondence from employees.

“If that message isn’t coming across in all correspondence then that’s wasted,” she said.

“A lot of the abbreviated wording is done in social media but you can’t assume the person receiving it in a business sense knows what you’re talking about.”

Experts say grammar gaffes and poor spelling reflect badly not just on employers but also on employees.

Public Relations Institute of Australia head of marketing Kate Johns said many university graduates had a fundamental lack of understanding of basic grammar principles.

“It’s not their fault but that fundamental foundation is missing,” she said.

“I think it has become one of these things; it’s considered attention to detail where it should be part of the fundamental process.”

Ms Underhill said email correspondence was particularly a problem for many employers because it sets the tone for the culture of the company.

But while employees were often given extensive inductions into company processes, basic grammar and spelling were ignored.

“Receptionists get inductions telling them ‘This is how you answer phones’ but if it’s not monitored in emails that can totally destroy it,” she said.

Ms Johns agreed saying email was often the only form of communication employees had with clients and therefore it was important to make a good impression.

“You can be really well articulated offline, but if you can’t translate that online then there’s a gap,” Ms Johns said.

“If things are sloppy from that email correspondence that’s the impression they’re going to get.”

Marcus Ludriks, a manager at Essential Energy, recently organised language, spelling and grammar courses for 25 of the company’s engineers.

“The issue is we have a number of land owner consultations by phone, letter or email and every one of those needs to be documented and be able to be relied upon in a court of law,” Mr Ludriks said.

“We want our people to have better written skills and grammar so any communication with our customers is clear - there shouldn't be any ambiguity.”

Mr Ludriks said the main issue was that his employees assumed readers would understand complicated statements.

“When you’re writing a letter to an organisation or a customer, language needs to be a lot more formal and easily understood,” he said.

Spelling and grammar coach Mary Morel said people understood grammar intuitively from listening and reading, but often didn’t know the “nuts and bolts”.

“People are more forgiving of typos in emails,” said Ms Morel, founder of onlinegrammar.com.au.

“We all make mistakes, but when [emails] become laden with mistakes it’s bad.”

Most common errors

• Mixing up “it’s” and “its”
  • Mixing up “effects” and “affects”
  • Misuse of “which” and “that”
  • Putting apostrophes in the plurals of acronyms, for example “KPI’s” instead of “KPIs”
  • Switching between singular and plural when referring to company names, for example “Westpac are” instead of “Westpac is”

If you need to actually look up the difference between "your" and "you're," you have no business calling anyone else an idiot.

And it's TOO lazy. Lol!

Grammer nazi huh, always was puzzled by how people attributed intellect to grammar. On that fact, if were going to get into an argument about intellect I would like to see what you majored in college. Also, per say what school you went to.

Grammer nazi huh, always was puzzled by how people attributed intellect to grammar. On that fact, if were going to get into an argument about intellect I would like to see what you majored in college. Also, per say what school you went to.

I love the grammer nazi defense. Its even stupider than making a mistake to begin with.

BTW... I graduated with an associates degree in assholology from The University of WhoGivesA****.

I'm just happy you spelled "grammar" correctly the third time. :)

I love the grammer nazi defense. Its even stupider than making a mistake to begin with.

BTW... I graduated with an associates degree in assholology from The University of WhoGivesA****.

Really, well I find it to be a beautiful defense, cause if you actually care that much about grammar on a message board and are attributing intellect to this, well I have news for you buddy, it's time for you to get a life.

Really, well I find it to be a beautiful defense, cause if you actually care that much about grammar on a message board and are attributing intellect to this, well I have news for you buddy, it's time for you to get a life.

Nah,,, its so much fun to tweak someone who calls someone an idiot and they misspell a word. And then watch them get their panties in a bunch over it and use the stupid grammar nazi defense. Yes. Good grammar does matter to me. Our country is full of retards. its about time we stop thinking its ok to misspell words, even if it is a mediocre two-bit message board for the 2nd rate team in NY.

Now calm the **** down and laugh at yourself for ****ing up your and you're!

No degree I see, or went to a third rate university.

I don't play the post your credentials game on the interwebz. Anyone can say anything. For instance, I'm sure your internet degree is particularly impressive.

The only way you can start to demonstrate intelligence in a forum like this is to post coherent thoughts in the English language. Baby steps.

Nah,,, its so much fun to tweak someone who calls someone an idiot and they misspell a word. And then watch them get their panties in a bunch over it and use the stupid grammar nazi defense. Yes. Good grammar does matter to me. Our country is full of retards. its about time we stop thinking its ok to misspell words, even if it is a mediocre two-bit message board for the 2nd rate team in NY.

Now calm the **** down and laugh at yourself for ****ing up your and you're!

and look how much of an idiot I am... You didnt misspell Your. You just used the wrong word. Thats way worse than just sucking at spelling. Now I shall crawl back under my rock and return my Grammar Nazi armband. :-(

grammar_nazi_armband.jpg

Is there a more dangerous combination than an internet tough guy with an implied degree?

Don't see how I'm trying to be a tough guy here, not telling you guys how I could win in a fight against you guys or anything. Also, don't have a degree, I'm still in college after all and would like to see what college you attended and what you majored in to see if you are indeed (which you claim to be) smarter than me.

Is this guy ****ing serious?

I am always serious.

Yes he is, which is why I laughed off his insult in the first place :winking0001:

You're still an idiot (their I made the grammar nazis happy). BTW, you still have yet to show me exactly how Sanchize is better than Newton. You're still a hater and one that runs to questioning my statistics when you have nothing to counter my argument as to why Newton is a better qb than Sanchize is. I would like to see all your fellow friends who came out of the woodwork to defend you explain this point to me instead of questioning my grammar and spelling cause they have nothing better to do but spell check a message on a message board.

You're still an idiot (their I made the grammar nazis happy). BTW, you still have yet to show me exactly how Sanchize is better than Newton. You're still a hater and one that runs to questioning my statistics when you have nothing to counter my argument as to why Newton is a better qb than Sanchize is. I would like to see all your fellow friends who came out of the woodwork to defend you explain this point to me instead of questioning my grammar and spelling cause they have nothing better to do but spell check a message on a message board.

There*

(THERE I made the grammar nazis happy)

:D

See, I'm making fun of you because you're calling people idiots, but don't know the difference between "their" and "there."

But you need to just stop with the name calling now.

Don't see how I'm trying to be a tough guy here, not telling you guys how I could win in a fight against you guys or anything. Also, don't have a degree, I'm still in college after all and would like to see what college you attended and what you majored in to see if you are indeed (which you claim to be) smarter than me.

I am always serious.

Ahh so its a college degree that makes you smart eh ?

Archived