That's the great defense?

JFtoLong

The Jets' own HC thought the Jets' defense failed to get off the field on 3rd down. I understand an offense that doe so little does them no favors clock-wise,that playing without Revis is difficult and that Rapelisberger is a good QB who is hard to bring down. But keep in mind Pittsburgh had injuries on the OL and at RB. I simpy don't get the constant "ratings" nonsense bragging because if you watch the 2 games so far this is hardly a great defense. It's may be not very good at all. Further when people talk about vs. pass/vs. run it might not be a valid way to evaulate defense anyway against teams with offenses that pretty much only pass like the Steelers.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's early yet. They are mixing in several new pieces. Ellis, Coples, Landry and Bell are all big pieces. Revis was out. Thomas was out. That's 6 guys starting that weren't starting last year. I expect this D to make some pretty big strides over the season, but I didn't expect them to dominate right away. I think they are as good as last year with the opportunity to make a fairly big step up in the second half of the season.

It's early yet. They are mixing in several new pieces. Ellis, Coples, Landry and Bell are all big pieces. Revis was out. Thomas was out. That's 6 guys starting that weren't starting last year. I expect this D to make some pretty big strides over the season, but I didn't expect them to dominate right away. I think they are as good as last year with the opportunity to make a fairly big step up in the second half of the season.

Ok see I can accept this thought process and I hope you are right....I guess my optimism is returning.....

If it was yesterday we would not have lost the game then would we have?

The offense only produced 10 points. The sheer ineffectiveness of the O, as has been the story for years, made the defense's job very tough.

Did they play like an elite unit? No. Will they be recognized as an elite unit by the end of the season? Absolutely.

The offense only produced 10 points. The sheer ineffectiveness of the O, as has been the story for years, made the defense's job very tough.

Did they play like an elite unit? No. Will they be recognized as an elite unit by the end of the season? Absolutely.

Dude slowly my optimism is returning and sorry if I pissed anyone off in these threads today.......we just need work on the D and work in the O

Archived