SAN-BLOW-ME-OH, SANCHEZ, & REX

Jet27

Ok Guys...So we have SAN-BLOW-ME-OH dropping some passes (although he did have a TD catch and should have had another but of course the Sanchez pass was two feet over his head. And then we have Hill dropping another TD pass from Sanchez.

Sanchez can't get all the blame here. If we just make the plays we should have won the game going away. But in my estimation, Sanchez tries way to hard where he shouldn't have too. our WR's need to catch and hold onto the ball.

Now onto my favorite topic, Rex. I have seen enough right now that tells me the defense struggles against "playoff caliber teams" and does well against mediocre teams. Wow and so what. We got owned yesterday. I don't want to hear excuses, he does a terrible job for in game ajustments just terrible. Pitt was picking up the blitz...where was the D in the second half?

Rex has got to be held accountable for the D's performance or lack thereof.

And to be honest and I said this last year, SAN-BLOW-ME-OH needs to go.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San-blow-me-oh is the lamest insult-nickname I've ever heard. Honestly. Every time I read it, the rest of the whining being done about the guy doesn't even register.

I do agree with much of your post though. Holmes was dropping passes like crazy. More importantly I want to know who came up with the game plan for Sanchez to only throw to Holmes and let him try to burn his old team. Last week the ball was spread out to multiple receivers, attacking weak parts of the Bills defense. This week it looked like Schotty ball, drop back, don't go through progressions and just throw to Holmes over and over and let him either drop passes that his his hands, or break off routes early and cause incompletions.

Then comes his disgusting body language. Ugh.

Hill must have been out there as a decoy, I suspect. He was hurt all week and I'm not sure if he got any targets at all. Which sucks. You've got to give a big WR like that the chance to make a play, a jump ball or something.

San-blow-me-oh is the lamest insult-nickname I've ever heard. Honestly. Every time I read it, the rest of the whining being done about the guy doesn't even register.

I do agree with much of your post though. Holmes was dropping passes like crazy. More importantly I want to know who came up with the game plan for Sanchez to only throw to Holmes and let him try to burn his old team. Last week the ball was spread out to multiple receivers, attacking weak parts of the Bills defense. This week it looked like Schotty ball, drop back, don't go through progressions and just throw to Holmes over and over and let him either drop passes that his his hands, or break off routes early and cause incompletions.

Then comes his disgusting body language. Ugh.

Hill must have been out there as a decoy, I suspect. He was hurt all week and I'm not sure if he got any targets at all. Which sucks. You've got to give a big WR like that the chance to make a play, a jump ball or something.

Should I have just said the guy sucks the big one instead? or Rex's defense blows as well because the NFL has fiigured it out? or that Sancez gets way to much blame? Which is it?

Yes, that's all Rex's fault. Rex is to blame for the 40 years prior to his arrival as Jets coach.

Big picture dude....look at yesterday...That is a microcoism of being a Jets Fan! Small picture and reason we lost = 8 of 14 third down coversions for Pitt, long drives by Pitt and one being either 10 minutes or more!, Our WR's can't hold onto the ball. No in game adjustments....That's the reason we lost yesterday...of and the 2 times outs left with 1:03 remaining and good field position and nothing at all, not even a hail mary...come on man.

Big picture dude....look at yesterday...That is a microcoism of being a Jets Fan! Small picture and reason we lost = 8 of 14 third down coversions for Pitt, long drives by Pitt and one being either 10 minutes or more!, Our WR's can't hold onto the ball. No in game adjustments....That's the reason we lost yesterday...of and the 2 times outs left with 1:03 remaining and good field position and nothing at all, not even a hail mary...come on man.

No, we lost yesterday because Dick LeBeau made outstanding adjustments after our second offensive possession and the Jets never held the ball for longer than 2.5 minutes in any single possession the rest of the game as a result.

Sometimes you need to give credit when its due. The Jets lost yesterday to a geeked up Steelers team that was playing in its home opener and was willing to do anything to avoid going 0-2. Anyone who really thought the Jets had a chance to win going into this game was jerking off.

If the Jets lost like that to the Browns or the Jaguars yesterday you might have a point. They lost to a very good, possibly great, football team in one of the most difficult places to play in the NFL. It happens. It is not a reflection of anything. Stop trying to add greater meaning to a week 2 loss to a Super Bowl contender in their building.

No, we lost yesterday because Dick LeBeau made outstanding adjustments after our second offensive possession and the Jets never held the ball for longer than 2.5 minutes in any single possession the rest of the game as a result.

Sometimes you need to give credit when its due. The Jets lost yesterday to a geeked up Steelers team that was playing in its home opener and was willing to do anything to avoid going 0-2. Anyone who really thought the Jets had a chance to win going into this game was jerking off.

If the Jets lost like that to the Browns or the Jaguars yesterday you might have a point. They lost to a very good, possibly great, football team in one of the most difficult places to play in the NFL. It happens. It is not a reflection of anything. Stop trying to add greater meaning to a week 2 loss to a Super Bowl contender in their building.

Thank you...you proved my point that we are NOT THAT GOOD and we are being fed BS because our GREAT D sh*t the bed again!

Stop it. 1 game of being 8-14 on 3rd down erases anything Rex Ryan has ever done as defensive coach. He sucks and so does the defense. Dont worry about time of possession or field position, they dont have an impact on a defense.

Dick LeBeau is the best defensive mind in the game. Period. Rex is like 4th or 5th on the list, imo, and in what I'd consider tier 2.

Stop it. 1 game of being 8-14 on 3rd down erases anything Rex Ryan has ever done as defensive coach. He sucks and so does the defense. Dont worry about time of possession or field position, they dont have an impact on a defense.

Come on man.

Who are the 3-4 you put ahead of Rex?

Tier 1 in bold.

1. LeBeau

2. Wade Phillips (he is a doughy man, but EVERYWHERE he goes he builds the defense I want the Jets to have - the Houston Texans are exactly the team Rex told us we were getting Ground & Pound and play GREAT defense and they are going to end up in a SB in the next couple years, believe that)

3. Bellichik (can't stand him, but it's true)

4. Rex

5. Gregg Williams

6. Rob

7. Capers

8. Nolan

9. Zimmer

10. Spags

Tier 1 in bold.

1. LeBeau

2. Wade Phillips (he is a doughy man, but EVERYWHERE he goes he builds the defense I want the Jets to have - the Houston Texans are exactly the team Rex told us we were getting Ground & Pound and play GREAT defense and they are going to end up in a SB in the next couple years, believe that)

4. Rex

5. Gregg Williams

6. Rob

7. Capers

8. Nolan

9. Zimmer

10. Spags

Belly??? You mean for the way he dominated Arizona yesterday and shut down that world beater Kevin Kolb?

Tier 1 in bold.

1. LeBeau

4. Rex

5. Gregg Williams

6. Rob

7. Capers

8. Nolan

9. Zimmer

10. Spags

Never been a big Wade Philips guy. But you only put two in between LeBeau and Rex. I win. :yes:

Never been a big Wade Philips guy. But you only put two in between LeBeau and Rex. I win. :yes:

Wade does nothing but build GREAT defenses. Not sure how anyone can't respect that.

I couldn't put Williams in front of Rex, though he probably belongs there and I could probably make the case that Rob might belong there too, it felt wrong.

Archived