Post Of The Week Podcast

JetNation

Courtney Aurillo is joined by Phil Sullivan again this week on the JetNation Podcast.  They look back at what went wrong against the Steelers and look ahead to the match up against the Dolphins.  Long time JetNation.com readers will be happy to note, this Podcast marks the return of the Post of the Week.

Note:  This was recorded before Darrelle Revis was cleared for practice.

Click play below to listen…

I'm going to give some harsh honest feedback and please dont take this the wrong way because I love you both with all my heart. These things are brutal to listen to for 3 minutes let alone a half hour. Its like incoherent rambling. There's no flow, cohesion or anything worth listening to and I dont think I've got through 2 minutes of a single podcast.

Therefore, I dont know who won the POW and probably never will unless someone posts it here in the thread.

Your friend,

JiF

I'm going to give some harsh honest feedback and please dont take this the wrong way because I love you both with all my heart. These things are brutal to listen to for 3 minutes let alone a half hour. Its like incoherent rambling. There's no flow, cohesion or anything worth listening to and I dont think I've got through 2 minutes of a single podcast.

Therefore, I dont know who won the POW and probably never will unless someone posts it here in the thread.

Your friend,

JiF

I'd like to see you produce a podcast. I'm sure a 45 minute dissertation on how you crossed over Marquis Daniels once will draw all the ratings.

I'd like to see you produce a podcast. I'm sure a 45 minute dissertation on how you crossed over Marquis Daniels once will draw all the ratings.

Now you are just being contrarian. If I ever wondered if T0mShane was pro or con JetNation podcasts, as soon as I saw JiF's post I knew T0m was rabidly pro-podcast. FWIW, I tried listening, but when I realized there was no picture and it was just sound I gave up. Being able to hear, but not see Max's pouty pink lips was too much to bear.

Your friend,

JiF

If you haven't listened past two minutes, how can you say there is nothing worth listening to? :)

That said, Podcasts are really for a different audience. If you are sitting in front of your computer, it isn't really something I would think you would listen to for 25 minutes or so. They are more designed for people who download them and listen on the train etc while they are commuting to work. Basically it gives us another way to get some Jets news in front of people who aren't in front of a computer.

Oh, and I did post the Post of the Week winner in the Post of the Week thread.

I wish I could post all the PM's you've sent me begging to do a podcast with you.

I'm not going to even pretend that I could do a better job but I dont see a problem with some constructive criticism. If I was to give this an attempt, I'd probably scale back the length, have more of a flowing agenda and make it a little more easy on the ears. Court is loud and Max sounds like he's whispering.

GFY

If you haven't listened past two minutes, how can you say there is nothing worth listening to? :)

That said, Podcasts are really for a different audience. If you are sitting in front of your computer, it isn't really something I would think you would listen to for 25 minutes or so. They are more designed for people who download them and listen on the train etc while they are commuting to work. Basically it gives us another way to get some Jets news in front of people who aren't in front of a computer.

Oh, and I did post the Post of the Week winner in the Post of the Week thread.

Word. I could see someone tuning in if thats the case. And I was exaggerating the 2 minute thingy, I got about 6 minutes into this one and turned it off.

Again, just giving you some feedback. IMO, they are its hard listening but I still love you and court with all my heart and soul.

just listened to the podcast and JIF is a big baby. j/k

I do have a suggestion though. Each week you should pin the POTW at the top of the forum. Since GOB won this week pin his post at the top and then JIF wont have to listen to your podcast and we won't have to listen to him cry. :)

nice job btw

I wish I could post all the PM's you've sent me begging to do a podcast with you.

I'm not going to even pretend that I could do a better job but I dont see a problem with some constructive criticism. If I was to give this an attempt, I'd probably scale back the length, have more of a flowing agenda and make it a little more easy on the ears. Court is loud and Max sounds like he's whispering.

GFY

Word. I could see someone tuning in if thats the case. And I was exaggerating the 2 minute thingy, I got about 6 minutes into this one and turned it off.

Again, just giving you some feedback. IMO, they are its hard listening but I still love you and court with all my heart and soul.

Dude -- there is never a problem with constructive criticism. We definitely appreciate it...

Thanks.

I am not ready to use the L word with you yet, but I do like you a lot.

I do have a suggestion though. Each week you should pin the POTW at the top of the forum. Since GOB won this week pin his post at the top and then JIF wont have to listen to your podcast and we won't have to listen to him cry. :)

nice job btw

Thank you.

And yes, we will be pinning it. GOB is going to be doing it each week going forward...and I will pin the current one now. Real good call, thanks.

Now you are just being contrarian. If I ever wondered if T0mShane was pro or con JetNation podcasts, as soon as I saw JiF's post I knew T0m was rabidly pro-podcast. FWIW, I tried listening, but when I realized there was no picture and it was just sound I gave up. Being able to hear, but not see Max's pouty pink lips was too much to bear.

This is disturbing. And funny.

We are hoping to launch an actual JetNation show pretty soon. Hope to have a good update on that in a few weeks.

nice job btw

Way to go numbnuts! I wanted to keep it a secret. Let Guns be the winner and have nobody know. Only people that heard the podcast would be in the know and we'd all keep our mouths shut. It would have driven Guns crazy.

Way to go numbnuts! I wanted to keep it a secret. Let Guns be the winner and have nobody know. Only people that heard the podcast would be in the know and we'd all keep our mouths shut. It would have driven Guns crazy.

Or someone could simply click on the pinned POTW thread and stuff.

Dude -- there is never a problem with constructive criticism. We definitely appreciate it...

Thanks.

I am not ready to use the L word with you yet, but I do like you a lot.

F that. I love your guts out.

Was GOB thread he started the winner? I was going to guess that when you announced it was coming back but I thought the suspicion his account was hijacked might have kept him from winning.

F that. I love your guts out.

Was GOB thread he started the winner? I was going to guess that when you announced it was coming back but I thought the suspicion his account was hijacked might have kept him from winning.

This is the kind of comedy gold that needs its own podcast, baby.

I think its nice JN does a podcast. Personally i dont listen to podcasts, but Im sure there will be plenty who do.

I just want to say thanks to Max for continually developing JN into an even better home for Jets fans around the country and the globe.

You'll never win POTW with that lame ass kissing. Guns has totally set a new standard in ass kissing.

I think its nice JN does a podcast. Personally i dont listen to podcasts, but Im sure there will be plenty who do.

I just want to say thanks to Max for continually developing JN into an even better home for Jets fans around the country and the globe.

POTW NOM

I don't agree with everything JiF said because I do feel there was ear worthy material...

But I do think you guys should create an outline of things you're going talk about introduce it at the beginning of the podcast and then start hitting every point after.

Also I'd like to hear some individual predictions for the week to come and some people you feel should stand out or did stand out. (Even when there are bad games, there's always a player or two that stands out and performs better)

podcast feedback:

• vulgarity is awesome
  • RB backups... meh. Who thought Andre Brown would be a productive backup? QBs can make any RB look good.
  • ha ha "Patrick" for the Post of the Week. Max is like Santa... he knows when you are sleeping...

Thanks Matt. We will have to set it up for you to call in for one of these soon.

I don't agree with everything JiF said because I do feel there was ear worthy material...

But I do think you guys should create an outline of things you're going talk about introduce it at the beginning of the podcast and then start hitting every point after.

Also I'd like to hear some individual predictions for the week to come and some people you feel should stand out or did stand out. (Even when there are bad games, there's always a player or two that stands out and performs better)

Definitely agree, and we do use an outline. This one got messed you because I had to change the time around, I had to move the time up at the last minute and we didn't prep quite as much as normal. But I agree 100% with your thoughts on the outline and introducing the topics in the beginning is a great idea.

Take a listen again next week and chime back in to see if it improved. :)

Thanks.

Definitely agree, and we do use an outline. This one got messed you because I had to change the time around, I had to move the time up at the last minute and we didn't prep quite as much as normal. But I agree 100% with your thoughts on the outline and introducing the topics in the beginning is a great idea.

Take a listen again next week and chime back in to see if it improved. :)

Thanks.

LOL PREP

Archived