Sanchez needs to take responsibility...

Mamamia27

Why is it we never hear Sanchez take any responsibility for his bad games!!! If you ever listen to him after games he never actually says anything!! I don't think we should have him speak anymore..we all know he's dating an actress, well maybe instead of hanging with her he should be getting into the game..we all know how it worked out for Lamar Odum...and Tony Roma with the whole Jessica Simpson thing...get into the game or leave the Jets!!!!

Please spend more time here. He should go back to dating teenage girls. Played much better.,

Sanchez taking responsibility is the only thing to like about him. Literally the only thing.

He acknowledges constantly that he needs to play better. He just can't.

It's not his fault. I would suck too. It's just upsetting that I have to watch him each week.

I'm waiting for the day he loses on the media and screams, "I have no ****ing weapons!!!"

The best thing Mark Sanchez can do for himself and this team is go up to Rex Ryan and say, "hey buddy, I suck at this. Like really really bad. In fact, I'm the worst at the position in the league by a mile. Play Timmy. He's everything I'm not and you have a job to worry about."

Sooner Tanny is out and the new vintage surfboard desk comes in we will have a winner.

He's not a good enough player to make mediocre players look good. But he's not making them look bad, the throws are there but the WRs arent getting separation or they are dropping the ball. The players are looking bad on their own. I'll be first to say he had alot of overthrown balls against SanFran though.

Heard someone on twitter say that it looks like "Sanchez doesnt love football, and plays like it."

I think he plays like He doesnt like the players he is playing with. I think that is apparent.

I dont blame him either, Santonio is a pr*ck and he hasnt had any other consistent target to work with besides Keller in the past four years.

We have a lot of problems, I think the first is our terrible run game.

• 2 years later...

Sanchez taking responsibility is the only thing to like about him. Literally the only thing.

He acknowledges constantly that he needs to play better. He just can't.

It's not his fault. I would suck too. It's just upsetting that I have to watch him each week.

The best thing Mark Sanchez can do for himself and this team is go up to Rex Ryan and say, "hey buddy, YOU suck at this. Like really really bad. In fact, You're the worst Coach in the league by a mile. Let Pettine run the team. He's everything you're not and you have a job to worry about."

heh

Took the liberties of fixing JIF's post ....EY's speaks for itself

heh

Took the liberties of fixing JIF's post ....EY's speaks for itself

ERMMMEHHHHGERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD ERRRRRRMEEHHHHHHGERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD

Sanchez played reasonably well in one of the league's top offenses against one of the bottom third defenses in one week when his team got him 5 turnovers.

ERMMMMMMEHHHHGERRRRRRRDDDDDDDD

I don't know about you, but that totally eliminates 4 years of history for me!

ERMMMEHHHHGERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD ERRRRRRMEEHHHHHHGERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD

Sanchez played reasonably well in one of the league's top offenses against one of the bottom three defenses in one week when his team got him 5 turnovers.

ERMMMMMMEHHHHGERRRRRRRDDDDDDDD

I don't know about you, but that totally eliminates 4 years of history for me!

Hey EY I don't have to tell you what we marched out on the field when Sanchez was here . It was pure garbage and you know it. When it was the lack of talent it was the Thugs and malcontents of the NFL and the WR's no one wanted to sign. I knew as well as you did Sanchez did not play well here after the first 2 seasons but Im not delusional to think it was all on him like most of you haters have been trying to push for years. I had to endure the 4 years of history as well I just realized what the actual problem was and that fell on REX TANNY AND IDZIK

Hey EY I don't have to tell you what we marched out on the field when Sanchez was here . It was pure garbage and you know it. When it was the lack of talent it was the Thugs and malcontents of the NFL and the WR's no one wanted to sign. I knew as well as you did Sanchez did not play well here after the first 2 seasons but Im not delusional to think it was all on him like most of you haters have been trying to push for years. I had to endure the 4 years of history as well I just realized what the actual problem was and that fell on REX TANNY AND IDZIK

It was never all on Sanchez.  The team fell apart after 2010.  However, Sanchez wasn't a good QB at any point during his Jets career.  You're projecting improvement that never came.  The fact that the team was bad, however, didn't make Sanchez free from evaluation.  He was a bad QB on a declining team.  Weapons don't improve decision making or protecting the football, and that is what Sanchez struggled with most, followed by accuracy.

Now, he played one solid game against a team that gave them 5 turnovers and a handful of people have jizzed their pants as if it somehow undoes 4 (really, 4+ years) of sub-par play at the position.

It was never all on Sanchez.  The team fell apart after 2010.  However, Sanchez wasn't a good QB at any point during his Jets career.  You're projecting improvement that never came.  The fact that the team was bad, however, didn't make Sanchez free from evaluation.  He was a bad QB on a declining team.  Weapons don't improve decision making or protecting the football, and that is what Sanchez struggled with most, followed by accuracy.

Now, he played one solid game against a team that gave them 5 turnovers and a handful of people have jizzed their pants as if it somehow undoes 4 (really, 4+ years) of sub-par play at the position.

your right EY weapons don't improve bad QB's but they do improve good QB's . Bad talent around a QB can make him begin to force things which ultimately lead to mistakes , In Sanchez' case they lead to a pattern of mistakes and it snow balled out of control.

Now that he has the talent around him in Philly he wont have to force because he has the players who can live to fight on the next possession. If Sanchez gets this and learns to throw the ball away he will improve leaps and bounds over what he did here by default. Hes got guys on that team who can turn a 5 yard screen into an 80 yard TD and those things will happen because it happens for all the QB's in this league that are surrounded with talent.

The Jets NEVER had that talent while Sanchez was here, they never had a real threat at any position on offense. It was up to Sanchez to make all the plays and maybe that was just too much to ask a young QB.

You have to give Young QB's talent to grow with and practice with ...you cant change out parts or entire parts of an offense every year and expect results. One player here or there Like the Pats do with Brady and that's very doable but changing them all and bringing in loudmouthed thugs is certainly not the answer for a young QB.

I expect Sanchez will have some rough days with the Eagles but as time goes on if he stays as the QB next year that's when you will see what he really brings to the table. I was actually a bit surprised what he did in the first 2 games not having much practice time with the ones. They said he got 25% of the snaps in practice now he will be getting 75% and that's going to be interesting

The weapons in Philly arent even that great. Chip's a great coach...Sanchez is comfortable enough in the pocket where they can move the ball consistently. 

The championship game runs were fun...we just didnt invest enough into our offense(coaching, personnel etc) for this to work long term. It's hard to win when the head coach treats the three phases of the games as completely separate entities.

The weapons in Philly arent even that great. Chip's a great coach...Sanchez is comfortable enough in the pocket where they can move the ball consistently. 

The championship game runs were fun...we just didnt invest enough into our offense(coaching, personnel etc) for this to work long term. It's hard to win when the head coach treats the three phases of the games as completely separate entities.

Sproles McCoy Maclin Matthews  are light years ahead of anything the Jets have had in the past 15 years maybe ever, Didn't Idiozt drag his ass When Maclin was available ? Then maclin decided to go back to Philly. Wonder why he made that decision :)

Sproles McCoy Maclin Matthews  are light years ahead of anything the Jets have had in the past 15 years maybe ever, Didn't Idiozt drag his ass When Maclin was available ? Then maclin decided to go back to Philly. Wonder why he made that decision :)

I think the situation here is so bad with the coaching staff no one could change this offense.

No point in bumping this thread now...

The coaches were the issue, not the players. Everybody knows this now.

Mark Sanchez and drew Stanton will carry their teams into the playoffs. Their coaches don't give a damn about their past, they know how to change the offense to maximize their QB's strengths. That's what good offensive minded coaches do.

Rex Ryan is an old fart of a coach that knows a bit about defense but has no clue how to develop offensive players.

Archived