Too bad the Red Sox season is over so soon

Blackout

I love how the Yankees win the division but you'd rather talk about the Red Sox. Pathetic.

actual words from my father, 3 weeks ago: "I'd rather see the Red Sox finish last place than the Yankees finish first"

my dad is a very smart man too, he's no 3rd shift worker...he's actually close to retirement soon.

not sure how he raised my dumbass though... :sign0163: probably cuz i was a latchkey kid :)

Strongly disagree. Thats like saying we would be upset that the Pat's season was over after them going 6-10. But I did get your sarcasm.

i don't ever see a Brady team winning just 6 games.....the Red Sox don't deserve that kind of respect from me :)

edit: btw the Sawx won 69 out of 162 so to me that's more like going 7-9. not to nit pick though, sorry :D

i don't ever see a Brady team winning just 6 games.....the Red Sox don't deserve that kind of respect from me :)

edit: btw the Sawx won 69 out of 162 so to me that's more like going 7-9. not to nit pick though, sorry :biggrin:

And you said you were not as smart as your father.

And you said you were not as smart as your father.

lol not to make this a psychiatrist thread but i honestly feel i'll never live up to my dad in terms of money....not that this is what matters in life or anything. but i def got my moms smarts instead of his (#doh)

but yes if the Pats ever finish under .500 with Brady I would be THRILLED

actual words from my father, 3 weeks ago: "I'd rather see the Red Sox finish last place than the Yankees finish first"

my dad is a very smart man too, he's no 3rd shift worker...he's actually close to retirement soon.

Don't even know where to start without getting banned, so I'll just let you have this one.

that is in the Top Ten Dumbest things ever said by a human. Especially a Yankee fan. What was great about Yankee fans is they never cared what the lil ol Red Sox were doing. They were above the fray. They were above acting like little men and having a little man complex. But... I guess things have changed. I guess they are as pathetic as Red Sox/Mets fans towards the Yankees and Jets fans towards the Pats. And thats sad for a team with 27 World Championships.

that is in the Top Ten Dumbest things ever said by a human. Especially a Yankee fan. What was great about Yankee fans is they never cared what the lil ol Red Sox were doing. They were above the fray. They were above acting like little men and having a little man complex. But... I guess things have changed. I guess they are as pathetic as Red Sox/Mets fans towards the Yankees and Jets fans towards the Pats. And thats sad for a team with 27 World Championships.

my dad is a Yankees fan who's spent the last 25+ years stuck in Red Sox territory

you can imagine how he'd feel if you were in his shoes

me? i just wanted us to win the AL East to avoid that damn wild card game

my dad is a Yankees fan who's spent the last 25+ years stuck in Red Sox territory

you can imagine how he'd feel if you were in his shoes

me? i just wanted us to win the AL East to avoid that damn wild card game

he should be proud as he's seen the Yankees win countless titles as the lowly Red Sox have won 2... Any fan who takes more joy in someone else's teams misery vs the success of their own team should have their head examined.

he should be proud as he's seen the Yankees win countless titles as the lowly Red Sox have won 2... Any fan who takes more joy in someone else's teams misery vs the success of their own team should have their head examined.

not when he's surrounded by Red Sox fans at work

I hope this isnt whats happening. Raised a Yankee fan, I was taught to be above the fray like you said. And I have always appreciated the class of the organization. And part of that was the fan base being above that stuff as well. As far as being a Jets fan, all bets are off. I am as pathetic and petty as it comes.

okay?

anyways I can't wait to see Bobby V managing the Sox next year

It was announced long prior to your post that Bobby V would be canned after game 162. Tell your father to brace himself, the Red Sox shed sh*t tons of payroll last year. Then have a decent core, and can now sign whoever they want. The Yankees may have another WS run left (hopefully) but going foward the Red Sox are better positioned. And to be honest I feel the same way about them as I do the Royals and Indians. Just another team on the schedule.

It was announced long prior to your post that Bobby V would be canned after game 162. Tell your father to brace himself, the Red Sox shed sh*t tons of payroll last year. Then have a decent core, and can now sign whoever they want. The Yankees may have another WS run left (hopefully) but going foward the Red Sox are better positioned. And to be honest I feel the same way about them as I do the Royals and Indians. Just another team on the schedule.

not much in FA out there this winter that will help the Sawx... and their younger players didnt live up to their expectations this year... Im expecting another bad year in Boston baseball. which sucks cause I have to listen to my wife bitch about how bad they are.

Bobby V is officially gone now.

Who's next???

CANDIDATE BACKGROUND John

Farrell CURRENT JOB: TORONTO BLUE JAYS MANAGER

By all indications, the Red Sox want him, he wants the Red Sox, and the Blue Jays want no part of allowing that to happen. Farrell projects as the ideal candidate for the potential Red Sox job for a number of reasons: He would work well with the team's baseball operations staff, he is highly respected by leaders in the Sox's clubhouse, he has prior relationships with the their pitching staff and is well qualified to tackle that reclamation project, and he is familiar with the challenges particular to managing in the Boston market.

Mike

Maddux CURRENT JOB: TEXAS RANGERS PITCHING COACH

He declined to be interviewed last year, citing family reasons, but given the importance of getting the pitching staff back on track, the Sox should make another run.

Dave

Martinez CURRENT JOB: TAMPA BAY RAYS BENCH COACH

The Joe Maddon Way certainly has proven to be successful in Tampa Bay, and Maddon delegates a great deal of responsibility to Martinez, who wins high marks for his communication skills with players, especially on delicate issues. Was a finalist for the Houston Astros job.

Sandy

Alomar Jr. CURRENT JOB: CLEVELAND INDIANS INTERIM MANAGER

The former big league catcher served as Manny Acta's bench coach with the Indians until Acta was fired this month, and now looms as a leading candidate to replace Acta, although Francona has signaled his desire for the job. Alomar was interviewed for the Red Sox job last season, but did not make the final cut.

Brad

Ausmus CURRENT JOB: SAN DIEGO PADRES SPECIAL ASSISTANT

Native New Englander (New Haven, Conn.), Dartmouth man, a big league catcher for 18 seasons, Ausmus is an intriguing outside-the-box candidate. He managed Israel's entry in the World Baseball Classic.

Mike

Lowell CURRENT JOB: MLB NETWORK ANALYST

Another outside-the-box candidate, Lowell stated a desire to spend more time with his family in Miami after retiring from the Red Sox in 2010. Lowell enjoyed tremendous respect in the Sox's clubhouse and was a fan favorite. He also is bilingual, which is a great asset, but as Kevin Millar said last week, "He might be too rich to manage." Lowell's name also has surfaced as a potential candidate in Miami if the Marlins fire Ozzie Guillen.

bos_g_jcora_sy_35.jpgJoey

Cora CURRENT JOB: MIAMI MARLINS BENCH COACH

The Sox saw firsthand how the Cora family approaches the game in infielder Alex, and Joey patiently has been learning his craft under Guillen, both the dos and don'ts. He has waited long enough for a chance.

bos_g_hale_sy_35.jpgDeMarlo

Hale CURRENT JOB: BALTIMORE ORIOLES THIRD BASE COACH

The Sox didn't grant Hale an interview last year, perhaps because he was too closely associated with Francona and last September's debacle. But the Tito years look like the good old days by comparison to the current mess, and Hale, with minor league managing experience and big league time with three franchises (Rangers, Red Sox, Orioles) has all the right boxes checked off on his dance card.

3426.jpgBill

Mueller CURRENT JOB: LOS ANGELES DODGERS SPECIAL ASSISTANT

The former Red Sox third baseman is highly regarded by the Dodgers, who would hate to lose him. It's uncertain whether he'd want to return to the dugout. No managerial or coaching experience.

bos_g_lovullo_sy_35.jpgTorey

Lovullo CURRENT JOB: TORONTO BLUE JAYS FIRST BASE COACH

Spent the past two seasons on Farrell's coaching staff after several successful years managing in the minors, including one season in Pawtucket. Young and energetic, with an appreciation for statistical analysis that the Sox value, Lovullo might get the chance that Farrell figures to be denied.

bos_g_sandberg_sy_35.jpgRyne

Sandberg CURRENT JOB: PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES THIRD BASE COACH

The Hall of Fame player was passed over last year by both the Red Sox and Chicago Cubs in their searches, even though he was named minor league manager of the year by Baseball America in 2011 for the job he did with the Phillies' Triple-A team, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. Makes you think that the Sox feel there's something missing. The Phillies on Thursday promoted him to be their third base coach.

3930.jpgJoe

McEwing CURRENT JOB: CHICAGO WHITE SOX THIRD BASE COACH

Coincidentally, "Super Joe" was one of Valentine's favorite players when he was a reserve on the New York Mets. McEwing's playing career ended with Pawtucket in 2007, he became a minor league hitting coach a year later, and a manager in 2009. He served as Robin Ventura's third-base coach in Chicago this season. He's only 40.

Jose

Oquendo CURRENT JOB: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS THIRD BASE COACH

Trained under Tony La Russa, but was passed over by the Cardinals when La Russa retired. Also has interviewed for jobs with the Padres, Mariners and Mets.

Tim

Bogar CURRENT JOB: BOSTON RED SOX BENCH COACH

Also mentored by Maddon and a student of stats-based analytics, Bogar had a strained relationship with Valentine this season, which might impact his chances. Interviewed for the Houston Astros' managing job.

Arnie

Beyeler CURRENT JOB: TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET MANAGER

Winning the International League title should at least get Beyeler an interview.

decent core?? their shortstop bats .108

Ells is a goner when his deal is up and Pedroia is a pansy

Pedroia played the last few games with a broken finger. I'd love to see you call him that to his face. Joke.

It would be hard calling him pee wee to his face, considering I am a foot taller than that little shrimp

The Sawx season was absolute nirvana for a true Yankee fan. I was praying for 1 more season of Bobby V, but since that now is impossible, I'm rooting for John Farrell.....he absolutely destroyed a Blue Jays team that wasn't too bad, ready for a run.

Here's to 5 more years of Sawx hell. Go sell some bricks

decent core?? their shortstop bats .108

Ells is a goner when his deal is up and Pedroia is a pansy

WOW, just wow!!! I am a die-hard Yankees fan. And am no fan of any Red Sox player. But to say that ends all discussions. Pedroia won an MVP award while having less talent than probably 95% of all former MVP's. He plays with grit, hustle and determination. Plus plays hurt all the time. Including the last week of this season. Calling Pedroia a pansy pretty much closes all baseball discussion that I will ever ever be able to have with you. Lets just stick to how bad our football team is from here on out.

WOW, just wow!!! I am a die-hard Yankees fan. And am no fan of any Red Sox player. But to say that ends all discussions. Pedroia won an MVP award while having less talent than probably 95% of all former MVP's. He plays with grit, hustle and determination. Plus plays hurt all the time. Including the last week of this season. Calling Pedroia a pansy pretty much closes all baseball discussion that I will ever ever be able to have with you. Lets just stick to how bad our football team is from here on out.

Pedroia's MVP was the biggest fluke ever....I heard dustin still sends a fruit basket to Carlos Quinten for getting injured that year

it's not like I don't think Pedroia is a good player or anything....I even have him on my fantasy team this year (just lost in the semi-finals)

but clearly he wanted to quit on the team this end of the season, felt the backlash after game 160 and came back to save face

but clearly he wanted to quit on the team this end of the season, felt the backlash after game 160 and came back to save face

Utter bullsh*t. You're a hater plain and simple. He pushed through most of the season injured. Just stop talking you're embarassing yourself and your father.

not sure how he raised my dumbass though... :sign0163: probably cuz i was a latchkey kid :)

I have some ideas, but you would probably go whining to Max again.

Bobby V is officially gone now.

Who's next???

CANDIDATE BACKGROUND John

Farrell CURRENT JOB: TORONTO BLUE JAYS MANAGER

By all indications, the Red Sox want him, he wants the Red Sox, and the Blue Jays want no part of allowing that to happen. Farrell projects as the ideal candidate for the potential Red Sox job for a number of reasons: He would work well with the team's baseball operations staff, he is highly respected by leaders in the Sox's clubhouse, he has prior relationships with the their pitching staff and is well qualified to tackle that reclamation project, and he is familiar with the challenges particular to managing in the Boston market.

Dave

Martinez CURRENT JOB: TAMPA BAY RAYS BENCH COACH

The Joe Maddon Way certainly has proven to be successful in Tampa Bay, and Maddon delegates a great deal of responsibility to Martinez, who wins high marks for his communication skills with players, especially on delicate issues. Was a finalist for the Houston Astros job.

Hopefully, one of these two. I would prefer Martinez due to Farrell reportedly having his own locker room issues.

However, if Farrell could help the pitching staff which has been erratic since he left, bring him on. Who knows, maybe he can get something out Lackey. :rl:

aka "I have nothing to add to the conversation besides being a troll so I won't be a troll here but will still take a shot at you"

Wow, real mature for a guy your age.

Hopefully, one of these two. I would prefer Martinez due to Farrell reportedly having his own locker room issues.

However, if Farrell could help the pitching staff which has been erratic since he left, bring him on. Who knows, maybe he can get something out Lackey. :rl:

Farrell is under contract so it might cost something. But since we got robbed for Theo, who knows.

Farrell is under contract so it might cost something. But since we got robbed for Theo, who knows.

Funny...RSN blames Theo for everything, includung the common cold

Yet you got robbed for losing Theo.....You should be glad he;s gone giving up those horrible contracts

Funny...RSN blames Theo for everything, includung the common cold

Yet you got robbed for losing Theo.....You should be glad he;s gone giving up those horrible contracts

Theo helped change the culture and bring two titles. He wasn't behind those contracts. Ownership and Lucchino were.

Archived