Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

You said yourself I played a Town appearing game and looked clean the whole time. Suddenly, that's worthy of a lynching.

Your logic is astounding.

My logic is spot on. Scum spends the whole game with more information than the town. Therefore the later in the game it gets, the more likely it is that hindsight will favor scum - making them appear to have played a more pro-town game, because they can avoid taking hard stances, over-selling cases, etc. on the townies as the deaths pile up. Meanwhile the town players don't know any better than to take chances, some of which will be successful, but most of which (because of the odds) will make them appear to have an anti-town agenda.

Every time I've crashed my way into endgame and WON, it has been this logic that has guided my decisions. I trust it. Could I be wrong to have left Cindy and voted you? Sure - my case on her was similar, but not the same, you just had way too many infractions of subtle nudging the town down the wrong path, that along with the blatant distancing JIF was doing on D1 with Verbal puts you out in front.

Frankly, Cindy made an ill-informed case on an uncountered doc. She's new, perhaps the benefit of the doubt for her, but for you to come along and go all-in to push her case says it all. Like said earlier I'm just a hair more confident in you being scum than her, so we'll see if this is the endgame or what.

It was a great puzzle in the end, the remaining people have played great.

No clue at this point. Other than JiF my reads have all been horribly wrong in this one.

Yeah, okay.

I get what you're saying, I do.

But sometimes we appear Townie and clean because we're actually Town. Pigeonholing yourself into a set way of thinking, saying "so and so" is always the case can just be infuriating for those of us on the receiving end sometimes though.

I agree though, everyone left has played well, with the exception of me this last day. I'll live and learn.

I get what you're saying, I do.

But sometimes we appear Townie and clean because we're actually Town. Pigeonholing yourself into a set way of thinking, saying "so and so" is always the case can just be infuriating for those of us on the receiving end sometimes though.

I agree though, everyone left has played well, with the exception of me this last day. I'll live and learn.

It's not pidgeon holing. It's what I've learned over time to be more right than wrong. Frankly, you, Cindy and Leelou didn't really give the game much to analyze. So when you started in with the narrative, and I started looking back over your play - yeah, you appeared to be the best case.

The challenge is this, JIF and Verbal were distancing early, and you also cased JIF, and Cindy cased JIF, and JIF cased Leelou and JIF listed you in his top 3. So between you, Cindy and Leelou, there's no easy choice.

Cindy coming after me with the "framed for killing AVM" case was so bad it became a wifom for me. I can remember when I started playing drawing conclusions like that and being SO wrong... when you nudged her case, then started forming your own with narrative and spin, and that's exactly what you were doing - you were retracing game events and changing their context to suit your agenda, it made you look awful bad.

The carelessness of putting an uncounted doc at L1 in an endgame scenario? Come on.

Actually, you know what... I'm not even entertaining this... the time for second guessing is over. I voted for the right person.

No, you didn't. The hammer has fallen, I have zero reason to lie now. I'm Town.

Now if you're saying you voted the right person in order to remove a player who's played poorly today, I'd agree with that. But I'm not scum.

As opposed to before when you had plenty reason to lie?

The reason to lie now, is a good one... ****ing with the town before the mod shows up. :)

Sorry Leelou. You die tonite. Game over one way or the other.

If cindy's scum she was amazing and deserves this victory. She's the new Dan X. And those fags JiF and Verbal get to claim no credit whatsoever. Win-win.

Also, if there's no doc and Ape fake-claimed, ridiculously smart play there.

Sorry Leelou. You die tonite. Game over one way or the other.

If cindy's scum she was amazing and deserves this victory. She's the new Dan X. And those fags JiF and Verbal get to claim no credit whatsoever. Win-win.

Also, if there's no doc and Ape fake-claimed, ridiculously smart play there.

I backed off Cindy because of the psych med sh*t she started ranting about last night... if she wins because of that, she gets to claim no credit either. Because I had her pinned to the wall otherwise.

Leelou and Cindy both have RL stuff going on.... and Lily is MIA... this might take a long, long time here...

Cindy really is on meds, I can vouche for that.

When she mixes them with the liquor, the results can be...entertaining, to say the least.

It's not that I don't believe her. I do.

I was convinced she was scum before she invoked the psych meds defense though. My point is, it doesn't belong in mafia as part of the the casing/defending dynamic. I backed off her after she brought that up, assuming her play might be more reflective of real life stuff than a game-related agenda. I don't want it on my conscience that playing in a game is causing someone anguish.

Beat me with game play. Anything else is bullsh*t.

When she started talking about who did and didn't make her feel welcome, that register with me as someone legitimately experiencing anxiety issues - and overlapping those emotions with gameplay. Obviously me not making her feel welcome couldn't be a case for me being scum, yet she argued like it was.

Anyway, that's why I conceded to lay off her when she brought up the Ativan. I do genuinely hope she feels alright, and that her attention is on her new niece and family where it should be. :)

Nah, when she drinks she talks sh*t. I'm sure it wasn't a plea to lay off or somesuch, if anything, I feel pretty confident that she'd rather you come after her if you feel so inclined.

I think I can say this because I knew her from DM and I'm the one that asked her to come play here. We're pretty tight. She'll be back around later this afternoon.

And just to remind everyone, this is only her second game. I think we've all witnessed how hard it can be for some people to seperate gameplay attacks from personal ones. The only way to teach them the difference is to throw them to the sharks. She has to learn sometime.

Not being an ass babe, but it's the truth.

And just to remind everyone, this is only her second game. I think we've all witnessed how hard it can be for some people to seperate gameplay attacks from personal ones. The only way to teach them the difference is to throw them to the sharks. She has to learn sometime.

Not being an ass babe, but it's the truth.

I hope she was able to see that inbetween the game play posts (where I'm admittedly a jerk face) I also made numerous posts that were sincere, and more a reflection of my actual personality. Like the stuff about not texting/driving, taking care of family first, etc.

:D

I hope she was able to see that inbetween the game play posts (where I'm admittedly a jerk face) I also made numerous posts that were sincere, and more a reflection of my actual personality. Like the stuff about not texting/driving, taking care of family first, etc.

:biggrin:

Ape's Mafia persona = amalgammation of all of JN Mafia players + post-whoring

Ape in real life = Good dude who gets to bang his wife a lot (for now).

Not sure which one I hate more.

Just for the record, I go through a lot of what Cindy goes through from these games. I rarely lose control (you guys have seen me lose it once or twice) or have to medicate, but I don't plan to give up my addiction to mafia any time soon. Cindy will acclimate, I'm sure.

Scene upcoming, but it will be a short one.

“Cindy is the one. I’m sure of it.” Ape declared.

“I think it’s the one who led every lynch and never voted any Reality shows,” countered Cindy.

The bickering went on all day, with Ishy siding with Cindy and nobody siding with Ape. Nobody wanted to be accused of “getting behind the Ape.”

Ape didn’t care for that, and voted Ishy, who ultimately sat down at the computer and drafted his own cancellation letter.

beverlyhillbillies.jpg

Ishy, The Beverly Hillbillies, vanilla town, has been cancelled

It’s now night 4. Get your night actions in before the weekend if you can. Otherwise, deadline is Monday noon MST/2PM EST.

Okay then, JIF must have been distancing from Leelou when he cased her on D1. Explains why Leelou didn't get replaced for personal reasons too.

I guess my first instinct was right... JIF didn't have the balls to list 2 of his teammates in his top 3.

80, kill Leelou. If wrong, I'll take the blame. I don't care. This game needs to be over.

Cindy, hope you feel better. I'm assuming you got emotions tangled up with logic and inexperience, and that's why you couldn't see past me yesterday. Sorry if it got too nasty for you. If that is how you played it to win, well, I've already expressed how I feel about that.

Ishy, sorry dude, you did actually play yesterday like I would have, had I been scum. LOL

1 scummer left, explains why Leelou slow-played yesterday. Dirty, dirty girl... let the town cannibalize.

With me being wrong again, Cindy being wrong, Ishy being wrong... Leelou emerges as the cleanest looking player left in the game. I had the theory logic in place, just needed an extra cycle of falling on my face for it to materialize.

I'm protecting 80 tonight.

Archived