Classic TV vs Reality TV mafia - basic game

Lily

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, my case on Cindy was firm. As soon as she mentioned an anxiety breakdown and started talking about meds, I took that serious, and changed course knowing I was probably letting the game slip through my fingers. If she had continued with a case spewing JIF's words, then I would not have budged.

Real life stuff like that, dropped right into the midst of a accusations/denials is outside the spirit of the game. Absolutely. Hell, I remember once I said I'd quit mafia if I was lying about being town, and got chastised by all of you for it. THAT was called outside the spirit of the game, so JIF - stfu.

With that said - I know I'm in the right - I'd prefer not to debate it further out of respect to Cindy, and the possibility that she may in fact be having a tough time.

Protecting the mafia community is more important than bragging rights.

There'll always be a next game...

um... and I am really sorry crush.. and avm...I really am.

I hate killing.

and I'm glad this game is over.

please don't be mad at me too long.

oh... and hatter... damn...

um, yes, must to purchase etoh to wash some blood from the touchpad.

booyah :(

um... but it was fun anyway.

and.... lets do it again please.

For the record, my case on Cindy was firm. As soon as she mentioned an anxiety breakdown and started talking about meds, I took that serious, and changed course knowing I was probably letting the game slip through my fingers. If she had continued with a case spewing JIF's words, then I would not have budged.

Real life stuff like that, dropped right into the midst of a accusations/denials is outside the spirit of the game. Absolutely. Hell, I remember once I said I'd quit mafia if I was lying about being town, and got chastised by all of you for it. THAT was called outside the spirit of the game, so JIF - stfu.

With that said - I know I'm in the right - I'd prefer not to debate it further out of respect to Cindy, and the possibility that she may in fact be having a tough time.

Protecting the mafia community is more important than bragging rights.

There'll always be a next game...

stop. now. please.

I do not want your respect.

what are we drinking?

do me a favor and never ****ing demean me by being nice to me because I get my ****ing drugs from a licensed drug dealer instead of on the street.

insult me all you ****ing want. call me that crazy ****ing bitch, mock my enjoyment of bzds and alcohol, revel in my ****ing Internet drama and emo meltdowns.

but if you're gonna start worrying who the **** you send to the medicine cabinet or the liquor store by playing your game the way you ****ing play it... seriously... you might as well self lynch.

I have handled way worse sh*t in my life than being typed at by a nice boy putting on a rage facade for gameplay on a goddamned Internet forum.

I can take it big boy, I'm a grown up. do not ****ing shy away from hurting my ****ing feelings.

I am begging you.

cause if you do, these people are going to blame me for ruining this game by turning you into a pussycat.

we're both douches.

deal.

and thank you for throwing the game.

now you get to take credit for winning even though...

ah **** it, I'm buying a bottle, share it with me and make peace, please.

and... thank god this game is over.

verb and jif did it all, I'm just a gun moll, as you suspected.

xo

Wow.

Well, that about says it all doesn't it?

It's a shame that 1.) 80 and I were gentleman and played it out as if you were being truthful about real life sh*t, 2.) you seemed to learn nothing about the ethics of how we play.

If this is what the level of gamesmanship is going to be here now, then I am in fact done playing. The people I learned to play mafia from were advocates of winning with game-play, they respected the game. Feigning sh*t like family emergencies, and pschological meltdowns is for amateurs, and pretty ****ing pathetic.

Ape, you got pwned by noobie. Deal with it.

She didnt use anything outside the spirit of the game. You're the only one who thinks this. Vic has pulled 100 times worse.

Yeah, and I view Vic doing that sh*t the same way and tell him so every time he does it.

I might be an abrasive prick, but I respect the game AND the people playing it. I am deceptive within the constraints of the game, and any time I have ever done anything that slightly veers away from the ethics of game-play, I've been beaten up over it. For good reason.

Feigning a real life psychological breakdown is bullsh*t. Because I was an immovable object until she said that, that is the ONLY reason I changed course. NOTHING game related. I even said it at the time she brought up the ativan, beat me with game play. She insisted her real life stuff wasn't a play, BUT it forced me to re-evaluate my complete stance on her flawed logic, etc.

Did she really have a pre-mature niece this morning too? Or was that more bullsh*t?

I'm actually disappointed in you and Verbal for standing behind this.

And ftr (if there was any doubt) the avm v ape meltdown was entirely for show (though at the time I was thinking he was possibly scum).

I laughed quite a bit throughout that whole thing -- so thanks ape.

Grandfather passed away at the beginning of the game, rather unexpected. I told Lils, but didn't want to step aside. I wasn't as engaged from that point on as I'd have liked to be, but the game served as a great and much needed distraction.

Just want to make sure everyone knows anything I say in these games is never meant seriously -- and if anyone takes it to heart, please PM me. I think it's almost always the Ape, though lmao. Spaghetti armed, whiney brat had me laughing so hard hahaha

And ftr (if there was any doubt) the avm v ape meltdown was entirely for show (though at the time I was thinking he was possibly scum).

I laughed quite a bit throughout that whole thing -- so thanks ape.

Grandfather passed away at the beginning of the game, rather unexpected. I told Lils, but didn't want to step aside. I wasn't as engaged from that point on as I'd have liked to be, but the game served as a great and much needed distraction.

Just want to make sure everyone knows anything I say in these games is never meant seriously -- and if anyone takes it to heart, please PM me. I think it's almost always the Ape, though lmao. Spaghetti armed, whiney brat had me laughing so hard hahaha

I'm sorry for your loss AVM, had I known I probably would have left you alone.

As is the case with CTM when he wages war with me, I thought you were scum, but thought you might be arguing to stay alive too - so win/win is to go with it. LOL

The bold, is always the case with me as well.

Sorry for your loss. *hugs*

I'm sorry for your loss AVM, had I known I probably would have left you alone.

As is the case with CTM when he wages war with me, I thought you were scum, but thought you might be arguing to stay alive too - so win/win is to go with it. LOL

The bold, is always the case with me as well.

Thanks man. It's all a part of life, and all will be fine.

Please don't ever think the part about leaving me alone hahaha. Our back and forth was by FAR the best part of this game (for me).

Wow.

Well, that about says it all doesn't it?

It's a shame that 1.) 80 and I were gentleman and played it out as if you were being truthful about real life sh*t, 2.) you seemed to learn nothing about the ethics of how we play.

If this is what the level of gamesmanship is going to be here now, then I am in fact done playing. The people I learned to play mafia from were advocates of winning with game-play, they respected the game. Feigning sh*t like family emergencies, and pschological meltdowns is for amateurs, and pretty ****ing pathetic.

you want me to forward the picture i just got from the ****ing hospital, a$$hole? she's on a vent now.

**** you.

i didn't feign a ****ing thing.

you think you're a gentleman because you treat an anxiety disorder like schizophrenia?

you think my family crap is any crappier than yours and everyone else's?

you're wrong.

i didn't ask you to back off or be nice, and i had no idea you would try to do either.

that's not in the spirit of the game.

you play the ****ing game to win it or what's the ****ing point,

if i don't ask to be replaced, you have no reason not to treat me like anyone else.

and if you think i'm the only person here who takes goddamned medicine to deal with life, you are very mistaken.

and pm me whatever email you use for ****ing around on the internet if you want to see her. i'll include the names, you can grill my ****ing family if you want.

i'm gonna ****ing make something like that up? yeah, i'm not that much of a douche.

Yeah, and I view Vic doing that sh*t the same way and tell him so every time he does it.

I might be an abrasive prick, but I respect the game AND the people playing it. I am deceptive within the constraints of the game, and any time I have ever done anything that slightly veers away from the ethics of game-play, I've been beaten up over it. For good reason.

Feigning a real life psychological breakdown is bullsh*t. Because I was an immovable object until she said that, that is the ONLY reason I changed course. NOTHING game related. I even said it at the time she brought up the ativan, beat me with game play. She insisted her real life stuff wasn't a play, BUT it forced me to re-evaluate my complete stance on her flawed logic, etc.

Did she really have a pre-mature niece this morning too? Or was that more bullsh*t?

i have 45,000 posts at dragonmount.

probably a quarter of them are me having psychological breakdowns.

who the **** are you that i should have to lie?

oh, wait, maybe i've been faking being brain ****ed for the last 48 years just so i could trick you into throwing a game.

douche.

Sad part is she doesn't even get it. None of what you are babbling about matters, you made statements pertaining to real life issues that altered the course of the game.

The goal is to deceive within the play of the game. I didn't treat you like a schitzo, I treated you like someone having real life troubles that I thought were impacting your play, so I moved on to Ishy. You brought in the crying about ativan when none of your other sh*tty play was working.

That isn't how we play here.

Obviously I know you weren't lying about your niece. I said that to make the point ... Who knows what is true relative to real life. We are all pretty courteous here and put real life in front of all, so it shouldn't be used to manipulate the game.

The classy response here would be to say you understand, and not do it again. Game is over, now you are.just being an real a$$holes. It's not "part of game play a$$hole".

Makes it worse you acting like this... Terrible addition to mafia if this persists.

don't treat me differently because i have real life troubles.

i type what's going on at any given moment.

it's what i do.

wasn't making it up.

have never seen my mental impairments change the way anyone treats me before. i'm not disabled, i'm perfetly employable.

i talk freely about ****ing everything.

i had no idea that was going to affect your gameplay or how you treated me.

it should not have.

did your real life problems make me treat you any differently?

did anyone's?

if i'm in the game... what does it matter how ****ed my head gets?

we're not playing now.

i have no reason to lie to you.

you sucked any enjoyment i could have had from being on the winning side before i put in the night action, and you know it. with your condescending speeches about giving the game away cause of my psychological problems.

so believe what i say or don't.

you really weren't a douche during the game. you were playing.

but what you're doing now... is just bullying.

you;re better than that.

or maybe not.

i don;t know you.

Bwhahahahaha. Sure you were. Just like everyone else you have voted in your illustrious career. Holy sh*t man, get over yourself. You were the scum MVP again bro. You played horrible.

I just went and reread, I really dont see anything she did that was out of the spirit of the game. She said she needed to take meds to deal with you and hated the game? So what? I've said more than that. lol

She spams a lot, she's all over the place, I have hard time following half the sh*t she's saying. Maybe its because I shared the scum thread with her and this is my first experience with her but seemed pretty much in line with everything she posts, which is whatever is on her mind. She told you not to use it against her. Your choice you did. lol <3 cindy, no offense

She beat you guys. Straight up. Even in the wifom during the night. You could have protected 80 or AVM but you're an egotistical maniac and protected yourself every night. 80 could have shot her, but he didnt. Nobody is complaining about her play other than you because you played bad and your ego is bruised. We told her to ride you to victory and she did.

No offense to Leelou and her situation which I've very happy to hear is good, but I dont see what cindy did that Leelou didnt. She talked about rl issues too.

forget it, jif.

noone else might be complaining... but noone else has anything good to say either.

i shouldn't have let myself get this angry about a game.... just... did my best with what wasn't an easy situation. never thought we'd win. never had an easy day playing. but i tried real hard and i had fun right up until today.

so... sorry if i committed some mafia violation i don't understand.

and sorry if i hurt people's feelings... that bothers me a lot more than making someone mad.

i just tried to survive the game and... lol, ,ok, i'm done being upset about it.

y'all can hate me for destroying mafia as you know it but... really just a lot of wtf? to me.

clueless.

sorry.

don't treat me differently because i have real life troubles.

i type what's going on at any given moment.

it's what i do.

wasn't making it up.

have never seen my mental impairments change the way anyone treats me before. i'm not disabled, i'm perfetly employable.

i talk freely about ****ing everything.

i had no idea that was going to affect your gameplay or how you treated me.

it should not have.

did your real life problems make me treat you any differently?

did anyone's?

if i'm in the game... what does it matter how ****ed my head gets?

we're not playing now.

i have no reason to lie to you.

you sucked any enjoyment i could have had from being on the winning side before i put in the night action, and you know it. with your condescending speeches about giving the game away cause of my psychological problems.

so believe what i say or don't.

you really weren't a douche during the game. you were playing.

but what you're doing now... is just bullying.

you;re better than that.

or maybe not.

i don;t know you.

This isn't about treating you different. We afford anyone who has real life stuff going on the same benefit of the doubt I did to you. In your case you used it to your advantage as scum. Thus impacting he game outcome.

I'm not bullying either, just trying to explain why leveraging things from rel life is outside the spirit of he game, so it doesn't happen again.

I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to explain it and you are being belligerent and closing yourself off to a broadly accepted point of view here.

Nobody else is weighing in because they like train wrecks. That's why all Jif is doing is trying to keep it going.

Bwhahahahaha. Sure you were. Just like everyone else you have voted in your illustrious career. Holy sh*t man, get over yourself. You were the scum MVP again bro. You played horrible.

I just went and reread, I really dont see anything she did that was out of the spirit of the game. She said she needed to take meds to deal with you and hated the game? So what? I've said more than that. lol

She spams a lot, she's all over the place, I have hard time following half the sh*t she's saying. Maybe its because I shared the scum thread with her and this is my first experience with her but seemed pretty much in line with everything she posts, which is whatever is on her mind. She told you not to use it against her. Your choice you did. lol <3 cindy, no offense

She beat you guys. Straight up. Even in the wifom during the night. You could have protected 80 or AVM but you're an egotistical maniac and protected yourself every night. 80 could have shot her, but he didnt. Nobody is complaining about her play other than you because you played bad and your ego is bruised. We told her to ride you to victory and she did.

No offense to Leelou and her situation which I've very happy to hear is good, but I dont see what cindy did that Leelou didnt. She talked about rl issues too.

I gave her credit for outplaying us in every aspect except invoking real life to get me off her back. That saved her ass. She won, not denying it. Just trying to explain why that single aspect of her play is bad form. So it doesn't become commonplace here.

Leelou didn't bring up real life right in the midst of he most pivotal case of the game. Moron.

You knw what I'm getting at. You trolling doosh

This isn't about treating you different. We afford anyone who has real life stuff going on the same benefit of the doubt I did to you. In your case you used it to your advantage as scum. Thus impacting he game outcome.

I'm not bullying either, just trying to explain why leveraging things from rel life is outside the spirit of he game, so it doesn't happen again.

I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to explain it and you are being belligerent and closing yourself off to a broadly accepted point of view here.

Nobody else is weighing in because they like train wrecks. That's why all Jif is doing is trying to keep it going.

and i'm trying to tell you i didn't use anything to my advantage, that's how i post. i don't have an edit function which is why you;ll see i delete a good portion of my posts in the QT, and anywhere i can.

i honestly can;t believe you could have read that... and think i was saying anything out here i wasn't saying in there. i was expressing a lot more anxiety in there actually.

the only thing i feel bad about is using what i did to avm to try to get you lynched. that made me feel dirty. and going up against you like that freaked me out.

saying i needed to walk away and take a few ativan... is just what was happening. cause i was really upset at that point, and not the only time. i was alone out here for most of this game, and you are not an easy person to confront... and that's what i had to do. and once you started back in on me... i had to go away and calm down. which... i think you had to do with me pretty early on in the game...

i wasn't using it for sh*t. i was just saying what i was thinking. and when i read that today, you going on about it... it infuriated me.

if you ever play with me again... which i guess you won't.... you now know that about me. i have very few untyped thoughts.

and this is a welcome distraction from real life and i don;t want anyone changing how they play cause i'm freaking out. i get over it. pretty fast usually. at least about something like this.

just... do what you want, ,but... that is not how i meant it. it's just how i am.

Cindy fully understand you didn't mean to leverage real life as an escape from my case. What I'm saying is that by invoking it, it happened anyway. All I'm asking is that you understand why it's bad form, because of how it gets interpreted not your intent.

You played a terrific game. I only laid off you because we always lay off people when they ask for a real life drama reprieve. It is broadly accepted that nobody does it as scum to save their ass, so it's usually trusted. Your timing made me feel like you couldn't possibly be asking for reprieve at that time if scum. Make sense? It's not about you, it's about how anyone would normally treat someone if they suddenly said they had RL drama.

I was proud of how good you played, and how well you duped me. Just wish you could have done it purely with game play, and not appealing to the unwritten "lay off the person with RL" rule. Whether you meant to or not. That's why I'm spending the time trying to explain it, because I suspect you didn't mean it.

and i wasn't asking for a reprieve... and really the last thing in the world i wanted from his game was you to throw it.

i think what we have here is a failure to communicate.

i will never ask for a reprieve. this is my reprieve from real life.

sh*t happened today, it just did. real life sh*t. and... what do i i know from unwritten rules? and... just ignore my talking about everything else under the sun but the game...i can't help it... and assume i will never ask for a reprieve, unless i ask to be replaced. that's all.

i'm so sorry you thought that's what was happening. that's why when i checked here when i got to work and saw what you said... i said i'm here and i'll check in as much as i can.

i'm sorry that wasn't clear. i don't want reprieves from the internet. if i do, i go take my medicine and stop posting for a while. and then i come back.

i think i could have won this game without your reprieve. but now we'll never know. and that sucks.

so i'm sorry for that. for both of us. and for everyone else who played.

Archived