Dawan Landry reunion ...

LAD_Brooklyn

hahahaa

I love me some Rex.  This is shaping up to be a wonderful year with Safety issues. I would hope we could do better than the "other" Landry, 

I wish they would find a way to bring Laron back.  I feel safer when he is around.

I know what you mean. I just feel safe in his huge, bulging arms.

He is like the kid on the little league team that everyone else looks up to.  With him you know you aren't going to lose.  But when his Mom makes him miss a game because he has too much homework you get slaughtered that day.

A couple days after the Jets lost Pro Bowl safety LaRon Landry to free agency, the Daily News has learned that his older brother, Dawan, may reunite with Rex Ryan.

Gang Green has expressed interest in Landry, according to sources. No visit has been scheduled to this point.

The Jets lost both starting safeties (LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell) in the first few days of free agency. They also cut Eric Smith, leaving Ryan with two inexperienced safeties in Antonio Allen and Josh Bush.

Dawan Landry, who was cut by the Jaguars last week, played for Ryan and defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman in Baltimore. Landry, 30, endorsed
Ryan to his younger brother last year before LaRon signed a one-year deal with the Jets.

Known as a heady player, Landry’s familiarity with Ryan’s defense would be a welcomed addition for a defense that will undergo a makeover this
offseason. Landry played four seasons with the Ravens (2006-10) before signing with the Jaguars in 2011. He has started every game in the past
four seasons.

What i find perplexing is they could not sign Yermiah Bell to a one year contract. He got less than a mill. We have like almost 14 mill of money after signing Goodson.

The guy was solid last year.

I'm not sure, but they might be doing it to get the compensatory picks.  By signing a cut player to replace an expired contract they might end up with a lateral move and an extra pick. I liked Bell, but he wasn't exactly irreplaceable.

I'm not sure, but they might be doing it to get the compensatory picks.  By signing a cut player to replace an expired contract they might end up with a lateral move and an extra pick. I liked Bell, but he wasn't exactly irreplaceable.

We will be getting a ton of comp picks in 2014 draft. And what do you get for a player signing deal less than 1 mill. A 7th round pick?  I hope someone chimes in on this.

Given there are so many holes on this team getting a veteran who had a solid season sign up for one more season would have been the wiser thing to do.

How many picks do we have in the draft to begin with now. Say every player drafted is a starter from game one(highly impossible) will there be enough starting talent on this team.

We will be getting a ton of comp picks in 2014 draft. And what do you get for a player signing deal less than 1 mill. A 7th round pick?  I hope someone chimes in on this.

Given there are so many holes on this team getting a veteran who had a solid season sign up for one more season would have been the wiser thing to do.

How many picks do we have in the draft to begin with now. Say every player drafted is a starter from game one(highly impossible) will there be enough starting talent on this team.

I'm not sure how the comp picks work next year, but for some of these guys,  a 6th or 7th rounder isn't exactly anything to write home about. It's just a lost player.  Not a big deal for the most part considering where the Jets are at and were at, but when all they seem to be brining in are guys who might get injured during pre-season, makes you wonder.

I'm not sure how the comp picks work next year, but for some of these guys,  a 6th or 7th rounder isn't exactly anything to write home about. It's just a lost player.  Not a big deal for the most part considering where the Jets are at and were at, but when all they seem to be brining in are guys who might get injured during pre-season, makes you wonder.

A 6th or 7th plus Dawan Landry is probably better than Yeremiah Bell.  They use those 6ths and 7ths to trade up for guys they are targeting in the mid rounds.

I believe you can't trade the compensatory picks

Correct, but having those extra picks gives you the flexibility to trade your own "regular" lower-round picks to trade up.  While you aren't necessarily trading the compensatory picks themselves, they are what give you the ability to do so with your other picks.  

Archived