Percy Harvin to the Seahawks

Integrity28

the solution to being a talent short team is to trade the teams' most talented player. Sound about right. 

The thing that is so funny, is you actually think posts like this prove your point, when it actually shows everyone how you've completely failed to put together a valid argument.  It's not just that you clearly have a deep undying love for Revis, it's that you're essentially claiming that the Jets are throwing away their best player and getting absolutely nothing in return, which is absolute nonsense with no merit to it whatsoever.  The truth is, that would actually be far more likely to be the outcome if the Jets didn't trade him, and then were unable to come to an agreement on a new contract (something that could very possibly be beyond their control).

The reality of the situation is that sending him away opens up millions of dollars that could be used to bring in as many 4 proven starters PLUS all of the draft picks which would be received as compensation, to be used on a variety of other players to help improve the talent of the Jets.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The greatest joke is that Revis is so valuable that he should never be traded and yet we've seen HOF QBs like Manning, Montana dumped.

Those guys are far more valuable than Revis could ever dream of being.  

True, Luck was one of those once in a generation kind of QBs, but nobody expected the Colts to have a winning season.  

With Manning, it's almost a lock that the Colts would finish 12-4 for a few seasons.   With Luck, the only lock was he was supposed to be the next Manning.  But we've heard those stories a million times.  There are far more busts than successes when it comes to QBs.   The fact that the Colts cut Manning after an injury and let him walk says all you need to say.    

So Replacing Peyton Manning, one of the smartest and best QBs of all time, a sure fire first ballot HOF who makes everybody on his team better, and almost guarantees his teams wind up winning 12 games every year is replaceable, how the hell is Revis not?   

The truth is, as great as Revis is, he plays a position that doesn't warrant him being paid as much as Peyton Manning.  Not even close. 

Manning went to the Broncos and they won 13 games.  If he stayed with the Colts they'd probably have won 13 games as well.

Revis could sign a long term extension for $16 million with the Jets and the Jets still  go 5-11.   As great as Revis is, he's not all that big of a factor as we'd like to think when it comes to winning and losing games.  

Great he shuts down a Wesley Walker but a Gonzalez destroys the Jets. Great he shuts down Crabtree, but Boldin destroys the Jets.   And thats assuming he's 100 percent. If he comes back a step or two slower, what do you get for $16 million?   A guy who doesn't do much but shut down the best WR..   So if he isn't the same player, suddenly he's a guy that isn't even doing that.

a respectable deal is a 1st now. a "good" deal is multiple firsts... and that might happen during the season. all this uncertainty about what Revis wants and what kind of medical shape is he in is exactly why they should wait. I put "good" in quotes because only a hershel walker type deal would be fair for a player of this quality. I'd rather play out the string with Revis and take the 3rd than sell him for pennies now and get a 2nd. 

They only get a 3rd if they don't sign free agents.   Assuming they do,  Revis is gone for nothing.

The reality of the situation is that sending him away opens up millions of dollars that could be used to bring in as many 4 proven starters PLUS all of the draft picks which would be received as compensation, to be used on a variety of other players to help improve the talent of the Jets.

"Proven" starters in free agency in march often turn into bad decisions in october. Draft picks who are future stars in april often turn into junk by preseason. The point of this whole exercise is to find rare players like Revis. It happens about once in a decade to find a player that good. When you find a guy as good as Revis you keep him. Especially at his age. Cause the alternative is fool's gold. The fact that he's a CB not a QB is irrelevant.  I don't care if he was a punter. You all want to trade the Jets best player, and you want to do it at a point when his value is at a low.

I'm not the one who needs to prove my point. I have history. You all need to prove yours.  That tearing this team down to the foundation is a winning strategy.  btw are we convinced that this is something Idzik wants to do. He's not allowing teams to talk to Revis. This is coming from the owners box and that's another terrible way to run the football team. Football men are supposed to make the football decisions. But our owner is making this one and the timing couldn't be worse. 

They only get a 3rd if they don't sign free agents.   Assuming they do,  Revis is gone for nothing.

it would have to be expensive free agents, not David Garrard types. Why would they be signing expensive free agents? It's a rebuild. They ain't signing crap. 

The thing that is so funny, is you actually think posts like this prove your point, when it actually shows everyone how you've completely failed to put together a valid argument.  It's not just that you clearly have a deep undying love for Revis, it's that you're essentially claiming that the Jets are throwing away their best player and getting absolutely nothing in return, which is absolute nonsense with no merit to it whatsoever.  The truth is, that would actually be far more likely to be the outcome if the Jets didn't trade him, and then were unable to come to an agreement on a new contract (something that could very possibly be beyond their control).

People dont seem to understand simple math.    Look at Brady and the Pats.  Big money for him, but with that restructure,  Brady only counts about $9 million or so against the cap.    The ability to add a few other good players is what helps teams win.  

Paying Joe Flacco $20 Million, a super bowl MVP winning QB who had one of the best postseasons ever as a QB, meant the Ravens had to dump Boldin. A guy who was a big factor in why the Ravens won a super bowl.   Most people dont think Flacco is worth 20 Million, but hey, he did win a super bowl.     So why is Revis worth $16 Million ?   Truth is, the Jets haven't even won a division with him and have barely made the playoffs most of his career.    

Put it this way, if Revis were a QB, he'd be more Dan Marino than Joe Montana.    Nothing wrong with that.  But the Marinos of the world don't win anything.

it would have to be expensive free agents, not David Garrard types. Why would they be signing expensive free agents? It's a rebuild. They ain't signing crap. 

Next year?  Who knows who they will or won't sign next year.  It's not who they sign this year, it's who they sign next year.

If you let him play out the string we get a 3rd, yes, but we also get tagged with $9M next year in dead money right? 

trading also creates dead money. Something like 3.5 mil this year without looking it up. Agree that 2014 picks would be better than what they are gonna get. Tanny is on NFLN saying the Jets should get what the Vikes got for Harvin. Cause he knows they won't and trying to make Idzik look bad. The Jets are gonna get screwed in this deal if they do it now. If you want to trade Revis, fine, you have him under contract for a year. That's alot of time to find a suitable deal that isn't a screw job. Right now it's selling at a low. I can't say it enough. 

Next year?  Who knows who they will or won't sign next year.  It's not who they sign this year, it's who they sign next year.

why is next year so different? If you believe that the Jets can turn it around in 1 year than why trade Revis? 

"Proven" starters in free agency in march often turn into bad decisions in october. Draft picks who are future stars in april often turn into junk by preseason. The point of this whole exercise is to find rare players like Revis. It happens about once in a decade to find a player that good. When you find a guy as good as Revis you keep him. Especially at his age. Cause the alternative is fool's gold. The fact that he's a CB not a QB is irrelevant.  I don't care if he was a punter. You all want to trade the Jets best player, and you want to do it at a point when his value is at a low.

I'm not the one who needs to prove my point. I have history. You all need to prove yours.  That tearing this team down to the foundation is a winning strategy.  btw are we convinced that this is something Idzik wants to do. He's not allowing teams to talk to Revis. This is coming from the owners box and that's another terrible way to run the football team. Football men are supposed to make the football decisions. But our owner is making this one and the timing couldn't be worse. 

Wow.  I had to read the bold three times just to make sure you actually seriously just typed up this utter nonsense.  Congratulations, you officially lost the last shred of credibility you had on this board.  You might as well have just told everyone to stop bothering to discuss football with you, because you've just admitted that you have no interest in even attempting to bring anything of value to the discussion whatsoever.

Wow.  I had to read the bold three times just to make sure you actually seriously just typed up this utter nonsense.  Congratulations, you officially lost the last shred of credibility you had on this board.  You might as well have just told everyone to stop bothering to discuss football with you, because you've just admitted that you have no interest in even attempting to bring anything of value to the discussion whatsoever.

"I disagree with yoooouu there fore you have no credibility!"  what does that even mean dude. Credible doesn't mean agree with everything you say. 

there is this myth that you do not trade your best player.  a lot of people say it, but none explain why.  we are all just supposed to accept it as some kind of urban legend.  well, you do trade your best player when he is going to demand QB money for a position like CB.  He wants Mario Williams money?  Anybody notice Mario Williams last year?  You can win a SB without the ultimate cornerback.  And you don't keep him because you want him to be a jet forever.  you trade him because you do not want him ruining future salary caps that condemn your team to being at best an also ran, more likely a never was.

Nobody denies Revis is the Jets best player, and one of the best players of all time for them.  The problem is he doesn't win anything.  He is not all that important when it comes to turning this team around.   They have to extend him now or trade him now.

If they wait till next winter, he's a free agent and he won't be coming back to the Jets, especially if the Jets stink and the coaching staff is fired.   

So they lose him for nothing.  

Extending him now means he gets about $16 million per year.  According to what he wants to make.  Will he? Who knows. You don't pay a CB $16 million per year. Especially on a team who stinks.  And is in contract cap hell.     So you pay Revis $16 Million.... and they go 5-11.   They fire everybody. They start over.  But since it's 5-11 and not 2-14 they wind up with some 7th or 8th pick in the draft.   Can they find a future QB?  Yeah, but there are no RG3's and Lucks and in all honesty, the Johnny Football kid seems like a bust waiting to happen.  talk about a kid who let it get to his head already.   

And then give it a few years and somebody else gets paid more than Revis and he holds out again. Because that's what he threatens to do. 

By that time the jets are your 6-10 team year after year. They have the best CB in the NFL.   And thats about it.  Nobody builds a team around a CB.

that's why you dont pay a CB $16 million per year.   $16 million per year means you are building your team around that player.  

Are the Jets that much better as a team next year with Revis?  No.  They still stink.     Is that really worth $16 million?

Are the Jets that much better as a team next year with Revis?  No.  They still stink.     Is that really worth $16 million?

We are assuming that 16 number is real. Wait until the dust settles from this trade and we see what Revis gets. bet it's not 16 mil. 

trading also creates dead money. Something like 3.5 mil this year without looking it up. Agree that 2014 picks would be better than what they are gonna get. Tanny is on NFLN saying the Jets should get what the Vikes got for Harvin. Cause he knows they won't and trying to make Idzik look bad. The Jets are gonna get screwed in this deal if they do it now. If you want to trade Revis, fine, you have him under contract for a year. That's alot of time to find a suitable deal that isn't a screw job. Right now it's selling at a low. I can't say it enough. 

How many players and teams get traded during the season?  It doesn't happen very often.  The NFL Trading deadline is like the dead nobody cares zone.  If Revis isn't trading now,  most teams are going to be concentrating on the draft, some cheap targets until August and so on.

Maybe if there is an injury in preseason I can see a trade, but again, how many players like Revis are actually traded in August or Sept?  It's rare.

If Revis isn't traded now, essentially the Jets will lose him for nothing next year.  Great they wind up with some late 3rd or 4th round draft pick. 

So instead of trading him now for a few draft picks, maybe a first or second if they are lucky,  they will wind up 'trading' him for one 3rd or 4th round pick.  

If the jets were challenging for the playoffs, great, but as everybody says, it's a rebuild.  So letting Revis go next year for a 3rd or 4th round pick instead of trading him now for multiple draft picks make any sense?

"I disagree with yoooouu there fore you have no credibility!"  what does that even mean dude. Credible doesn't mean agree with everything you say. 

LMFAO.  YOU of all people really just made this post?  Now that is a freakin' riot.

Every argument you make is on based on nothing but your "say so", while completely ignoring every counterpoint that is made for which you have no answer.  You think your word should be taken as gospel and just flatly stated "I'm not the one who needs to prove my point."  Meanwhile, you are notorious for blatantly lying in posts, to completely fabricate ridiculous arguments that nobody has made, which you then falsely apply to all others who dare not agree with you, and then act like that somehow magically proves you right.

Ultimately, you have admitted to being incapable of supporting your own arguments, while refusing to address the actual arguments of those who disagree with you.  The truth is, even on the occasions when I actually agree with your points, I still find it next to impossible to agree with your so-called "arguments".

LMFAO.  YOU of all people really just made this post?  Now that is a freakin' riot.

Every argument you make is on based on nothing but your "say so", while completely ignoring every counterpoint that is made for which you have no answer.  You think your word should be taken as gospel and just flatly stated "I'm not the one who needs to prove my point."  Meanwhile, you are notorious for blatantly lying in posts, to completely fabricate ridiculous arguments that nobody has made, which you then falsely apply to all others who dare not agree with you, and then act like that somehow magically proves you right.

Ultimately, you have admitted to being incapable of supporting your own arguments, while refusing to address the actual arguments of those who disagree with you.  The truth is, even on the occasions when I actually agree with your points, I still find it next to impossible to agree with your so-called "arguments".

it's flattering that you've analyzed me to such a degree. unfortunately im too bored to read all the charges. Im here to debate not to get everyone to agree with me. If that means im not credible then oh well. 

it's flattering that you've analyzed me to such a degree. unfortunately im too bored to read all the charges. Im here to debate not to get everyone to agree with me. If that means im not credible then oh well. 

No you're not, a debate would actually require you to both support your own argument and counter the opposing argument.  You do neither.

No you're not, a debate would actually require you to both support your own argument and counter the opposing argument.  You do neither.

I make counters, you just don't like em.  That's not an issue of credibility. It's an issue of two people being on different sides of an issue. We shall see. I've been wrong before.

BTW  I've been posting on these boards with my Christian name for 10+ years. If I'm wrong I'll be here to take the heat. I don't know who Bleedin green is or what his next username will be. 

Listing the defensive and rushing rankings is not attributing the Seahawks' success totally to coaching. What just an utter dunmy...

You saying that Wilson was a facilitator and his success was due to the coaches building around him, DOES attribute success to the coaches.

It amazes me how committed to be wrong you are on a regular basis. Mad skillz, brah

See what 1 winning season does for you?

lulz

not sure i understand what your talking about .... they are what they are, and thats a good young team. Whether or not they can sustain winning ways still remains to be seen but you can't deny the talent.

When it comes to comparing that to the Jets who were peiced together with older players that had a 1-2 year window to win a SB its drastically different especially when you make the piss poor moves bean counter made when this team seemed to be a few offensive skill players away from winning it all. At that point we decided the thug cheap route and not plugging holes on our most important unit the OL was a good route to go. It didnt work.

You saying that Wilson was a facilitator and his success was due to the coaches building around him, DOES attribute success to the coaches.

It amazes me how committed to be wrong you are on a regular basis. Mad skillz, brah

Your low level reading comp skills and massively overinflated, needy ego are not a good combo. It's barely tolerable replying to you when you have as close to a grasp as you'll ever get to what's being said, but even that level of competence is only within reach for you in flashes. This is not one of those flashes.

You're home now. Relax, crank one out to me or that Special boy Russell, and prepare for your next attempt however it is you do.

Your low level reading comp skills and massively overinflated, needy ego are not a good combo. It's barely tolerable replying to you when you have as close to a grasp as you'll ever get to what's being said, but even that level of competence is only within reach for you in flashes. This is not one of those flashes.

You're home now. Relax, crank one out to me or that Special boy Russell, and prepare for your next attempt however it is you do.

Stick to your own material.... you don't do the intelligent, but verbose long-form insult well at all.

tumblr_mbc9egLqos1ruonhp.gif

DERP I mean FACILITATE - that's like a coach word, brah. I mean like sooooo contradictory! 

Shane and JIF are so much better at this than you are. Meh... disinterested, you've failed to give me one laugh in like 2 days.

Shane and JIF are so much better at this than you are. Meh... disinterested, you've failed to give me one laugh in like 2 days.

This is probably the 5th time in the 2 days you've said that with about 20 others telling yourself you've won that thing in your head. We're about 40 posts in. EFFORTLESS.

Lollolololjust **** off already. Go clean up and prep for your next binge of Gato. You always come back. 

not sure i understand what your talking about .... they are what they are, and thats a good young team. Whether or not they can sustain winning ways still remains to be seen but you can't deny the talent.

When it comes to comparing that to the Jets who were peiced together with older players that had a 1-2 year window to win a SB its drastically different especially when you make the piss poor moves bean counter made when this team seemed to be a few offensive skill players away from winning it all. At that point we decided the thug cheap route and not plugging holes on our most important unit the OL was a good route to go. It didnt work.

I never compared them to the Jets, just simply pointing out how 1 winning season changes everything.  

And to your point about the Jets signing thugs....the Seahawks just signed a HUGE one.  Percy is my favorite all time Gator but homey punched a coach in the face at UF and was a mess in Viking land.  So that might not have been the best comparison.  Granted, Percy is much more talented then the thug we signed.

This is probably the 5th time in the 2 days you've said that with about 20 others telling yourself you've won that thing in your head. We're about 40 posts in. EFFORTLESS.

If you notice, I've been doing nothing but lobbing up softballs to you. I'm not putting effort into trying to "win" anything, I'm just seeing if you can spike my serve, so to speak. You can't. It's more like you take it in the face, and then stumble around in bewilderment because you don't know what to do with someone that won't bite on your trolling, and who exposes your lack of wit.

Tomshane can do it, so can JIF, CTM, Pac, Smashmouth, and just about anyone here... all those guys fully capable of volleying back funny insults, which I invite. You? Not so much. Not only to you not realize what I'm doing, but you don't have the chops to play along. You are awful. It just amazes me that you put this much effort into trolling and you absolutely suck at it.

Anyway, there's nothing to win. I'm just pointing out the obvious... I was bored the past 2 days, and you were posting a lot. Gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought you'd do something with it.

Lollolololjust **** off already. Go clean up and prep for your next binge of Gato. You always come back.

Again, this is the best you can come up with? Awful.

Oh well, if you want the last word here you can have it. I'm sure it'll be some witless attempt at humor, that doesn't even make you laugh.

Smashmouth, on 12 Mar 2013 - 22:10, said:

If this was the case APE would be ******* everyone

dbatesman, on 12 Mar 2013 - 22:19, said:

Pfft. Just another Tuesday night for me.

Now this is the type of sh*t I can appreciate, lol

Archived