Percy Harvin to the Seahawks

Integrity28

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a rookie, Peyton Manning had Marvin Harrison, Marshall Faulk, and a pair of damn solid TEs in Dilger and Pollard.  All of them in their prime between ages 25-27.  

Hell, 100 of Manning's 325 completed passes went to his RBs.  Only 59 of Wilson's 252 went to his backs.  So it's not as though Manning was completing all these deep passes while Wilson did nothing but dump it off.  Quite the opposite.  And even still, Wilson's completion percentage was far higher (64.1% vs 56.7%).

Further, Wilson also had 4 rushing TDs (Manning had zero).  30 touchdowns is 30 TDs and it would be pretty weak to penalize Wilson for not throwing a TD on drives where he ran one in with his feet.  Wilson had 4 more TDs in about 100 fewer dropbacks.  And Manning threw more interceptions in September than Wilson threw all year.

Manning is just about the best QB there's ever been.  It doesn't mean Wilson is going to have half the career or be near the passer Manning was for such a long time.  But Wilson had a better rookie season than Peyton Manning.  Quite a bit better.

Funny how Seattle's coaching didn't seem to be such an advantage for their QBs until Wilson came on the scene.

Yah, and the players executed to the the tune of the 5th most defensive turnovers, 8th in first downs allowed, 4th in points allowed, top OL play, and top RB play (5th in Y/C, 3rd in yards, and 9th in TDs).

No, that's how you read it. There are two-three coach factors in there: the # of throws, # of carries, and the number of rollout passes. 

BTW: If you really want to do this sh*t with coaching setting him well up to be a facilitator....

The 2009 Jets had Mark Sanchez throw the ball 364 times, 40 less times than Russell Wilson did as a rookie. The defense finished 1st in yards, 1st in points, 1st in first downs, and 8th in defensive turnovers. The offense was 1st in carries, 1st in rushing yards, 3rd in rushing TDs, 5th in Y/C, the top pass D, and a top 10 run D.

One guy had the experience and confidence from his college years to handle what was thrown at him, the other did not. Even that can be bogged down with numbers as Wilson started almost 3 times as many college games as Sanchez did.

1. How the hell is some quote given by some guy pumping up his own player supposed to be widely known? Why would I be expected to know this quote?

2. Why would I find a coach pumping up a star rookie at a high profile position to be legitimate? Wouldn't this bear out somehow, somewhere tangibly in his numbers?

You were so darn close to having me within your grasp. Why did you keep talking....

You're a ******* joke dude.

Regardless of what anybody thinks of Wilson,  a healthy Harvin makes the Seahawks better.  

Teams like the 49ers and Seahawks are adding talent, the Jets plan on dumping it and who knows what future lies ahead for the Jets.

I'd rather be fans on the side of the fence where we argue over Harvin being a good move and if Wilson can repeat his rookie season instead of another "we have a lame duck coach and QB and we are starting over again hoping 2014 is the magical year they find some pro bowl QB in the draft."

He wasn't good? Oh well.

Lol always mad. You should have just stopped talking. Get 'em next time, champ.

"your a ******* joke dude" = lol'ing cause i just got you to write a 35 paragraph response

i ain't mad little homie... i just worked your goofy ass

"your a ******* joke dude" = lol'ing cause i just got you to write a 35 paragraph response

i ain't mad little homie... i just worked your goofy ass

Oh....good one. It's kind of cute that you want to be my muse. Unfortunately, I have plenty of integrity.

Vikings got a first-rounder, a seventh-rounder, and a mid-round selection in 2014.

Not a bad haul for a guy that didn't want to be there.

...and one that, like Revis, has question marks injury-wise.

Yet people say we can't get more than a 3rd for Revis? LOL. Harvin is nowhere near the player Revis is.

Regardless of what anybody thinks of Wilson,  a healthy Harvin makes the Seahawks better.  

Teams like the 49ers and Seahawks are adding talent, the Jets plan on dumping it and who knows what future lies ahead for the Jets.

I'd rather be fans on the side of the fence where we argue over Harvin being a good move and if Wilson can repeat his rookie season instead of another "we have a lame duck coach and QB and we are starting over again hoping 2014 is the magical year they find some pro bowl QB in the draft."

Tannenbaum spent money like a drunken sailor. Year after year after year, he brought in guys like Favre, Faneca, Jenkins, Richardson, Cromartie, Edwards, Holmes, LT, etc., etc., etc. Year after year we were one of the MOST active teams in FA and despite all of that people would complain. Also, they would call Woody Johnson "cheap" which is just ****ing hilarious.

Now for once we are not spending and trying to be more responsible and people complain anyway. So I guess you can never win.

Tannenbaum spent money like a drunken sailor. Year after year after year, he brought in guys like Favre, Faneca, Jenkins, Richardson, Cromartie, Edwards, Holmes, LT, etc., etc., etc. Year after year we were one of the MOST active teams in FA and despite all of that people would complain. Also, they would call Woody Johnson "cheap" which is just ****ing hilarious.

Now for once we are not spending and trying to be more responsible and people complain anyway. So I guess you can never win.

Its not about spending to spend and its not about being cheap.  The Jets have been cheap on the coaching front for years.  After BB.. Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Mangini, Rex Ryan.  A bunch of guys who nobody really wanted before and in all honesty they proved they weren't good after.

Will Rex go down that same route?  Who knows.

The Patriots and Steelers don't spend a bunch of money.  The Eagles never did either.  The last couple of years they went crazy and look at them. 

The Jets went crazy since the Favre crap and brought in a lot of older players.  Maybe they'd get a season or two out of those guys, but if they didn't win those years, aka Favre, it was wasted money.  And when you don't add depth around it, you kind of fall flat on your face.  Like where the Jets are now.

Being smart doesn't mean being cheap and it doesn't mean just throwing money around.  The problem the Jets have had is they don't ever seem to be smart in building a winner.  They are avg or stink and then they suddenly make a lucky run and go for broke.  And it never works out.  It's like the same formula over and over with this team for years.

Oh....good one. It's kind of cute that you want to be my muse. Unfortunately, I have plenty of integrity.

You have as much integrity as the Jacksonville father-shamers that sleep with JIF. I am Hansel bitch... I bet you were making Blue Steel face when you typed this fagola.

You don't have the clearance to reference Zoolander, brah.

I was just executing. I didn't call the play.

I Sanchez'ed it. Wish I was a little bit taller... wish I was a little more Russell Wilson.

LOL

Yeah, got to agree with this

You've got to be kidding right?  You've got absolutely no room to be talking about anyone else being a dummy.  This whole thing was started off by this statement from you:

Desperately cling onto the Manning comparison all you want as if that somehow proves you right, but the point is your original statement has absolutely zero merit to it and him not being Peyton Manning's clone doesn't change that.

gato, lucky you have 9 lives because you just burned one of them here,  you got keeeeeeellllled.

So if Harvin and his injuries and migraines is worth a number one, how is Revis not?

the difference is that the Jets are rushing to trade Revis. If they waited until the season they could get a 1. Right now they are gonna get screwed. 

the difference is that the Jets are rushing to trade Revis. If they waited until the season they could get a 1. Right now they are gonna get screwed.

The Jets haven't set a deadline. Some source set a deadline. Revis is worth as much now as he'll be worth in three months. Idzik doesn't have to do anything by any date with Revis. The only parties desperate to get Revis out of New York are 1. the team(s) that want to trade for him, and 2. Revis' agents, who want to see his contract hit the shredder ASAP.

Squirrels find nuts all the time, brah.

Ape kept talking and fell into....The Dummy Zone.

10801d1356703711-official-post-game-thre

Your best efforts pale against my half-assing it. 

I've learned not to try to make you look stupid, you do a good enough job of it on your own. It's far more entertaining to me to goof off in your face and watch you try to sell whatever idiotic point of view you can to get your self-esteem fix. 

The Jets haven't set a deadline. Some source set a deadline. Revis is worth as much now as he'll be worth in three months. Idzik doesn't have to do anything by any date with Revis. The only parties desperate to get Revis out of New York are 1. the team(s) that want to trade for him, and 2. Revis' agents, who want to see his contract hit the shredder ASAP.

Don't mind bitonti, he's just desperate to convince everyone that absolutely anything the Jets do outside of blindly giving Revis whatever he wants is wrong because he thinks so.  I guess he thinks if he repeats the same exact things enough times, it'll eventually just seep into our brains and that whenever a trade does happen (if at all), we'll all concede that it was an awful deal no matter what and that he was right simply because he said it about 1000 times before anything even happened.

Archived