Arkham Villains - Game Thread

Leelou

Never thought to watch it.  Breaking Bad is amazing.  Getting ready to start season 2.  

You don't even know Gus yet.  Savor every episode..  seems like you have plenty left while you're watching them but they'll go fast.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batman isn't real either..  did you like the Dark Night Returns?

I agree the hot chicks chasing after him is kind of far fetched but so far it has outweighed the solid acting and interesting plot.  The problem I see is that right now their focusing on how Norman became a psycho -- which is kinda cool.  Once it's established that he is, where do they plan on going?  It could turn bad fast if they just have him kill a random person every week and show how he narrowly escapes being caught etc

the plot is boring so far, imo.

Just watched first 7 episodes of Breaking bad.  OMG.  So awesome.  

Dude, its soooo ******* good.  It literally keeps getting better and better.  The characters get badder and badder.  Walter White is the ******* man.

You suck.

I think it's a solid B.  Not great but a lot better than a lot of the crap out there that is supposedly good.  Revolution for example..  killing it in the ratings but very mediocre in my opinon.  The Following is another one..  It lost me after a few episodes but I keep hearing it's awesome.

You suck.

We definitely have the opposite thoughts.  For me, I really like Revolution and The Following.  The cast is really good in both shows, especially The Following.  All-star sh*t right there.

Dude, its soooo ******* good.  It literally keeps getting better and better.  The characters get badder and badder.  Walter White is the ******* man.

Just the change from Walter in his underwear cooking to bald cancer riddled wife humping ass kicking Walter has been awesome. 

Dude it's one of the only TV shows in along time I actually get nervous watching.  Awesome. 

Just the change from Walter in his underwear cooking to bald cancer riddled wife humping ass kicking Walter has been awesome. 

Totally.  His evolution is some of the greatest character development of all time. Jesse too.  But yeah, I finish every episode genuinely nervous/excited about what happens next.  Boardwalk Empire does that for me...but those are really the only 2 maybe in the history of TV Shows that I get that way.  I loved the Soparano's but I never got those antsy feelings watching that show like I do Breaking Bad.

Watched some of it.  Not bad.  But not great either. A new biker one I saw. Devils something looked interesting..

Yeah, its not blowing me away like the first Breaking Bad episode but its good.  I'll watch a couple more see if it gets any better. 

the plot is boring so far, imo.

I agree.

I also don't like the blending between modern conveniences, and aesthetics that align with the era from the original psycho. It would have been more interesting if they made it THAT era. 

I also don't see much potential for it. It's going to bore me a lot like Dexter did. It's taking shape as something that will be formulaic and predictable. The whole town being a front for a drug cartel doesn't jive with Hitchcock. I don't think he'd like it, therefore I don't think I do... so far.

Dude it's one of the only TV shows in along time I actually get nervous watching.  Awesome. 

yup.  and you'll get more nervous later on.

then you'll think about it non-stop until you're current and haven't watched it for a couple weeks.  I was consumed with it for a few weeks.  kinda glad it's over for the time being but only because I wouldn't have gotten anything else done if there were more season to watch.

You suck.

We definitely have the opposite thoughts.  For me, I really like Revolution and The Following.  The cast is really good in both shows, especially The Following.  All-star sh*t right there.

You suck and are an idiot.

Revolution got predictable and is marred by a leading man who looks more like a CPA than a kick ass savior of the world type.  I'm kind of watching just because but it's not on the same level as the Bates Motel as far as acting is concerned.

The Following started off ok but jumped the shark when police officers and swat team members started shooting civilians because they are supposedly under the spell of what's his name.  When they got to the house full of women, men, and children who worshipped what's his face the lady friend immediately announced she was out while rolling her eyes.  Can't say I blame her.

I agree.

I also don't like the blending between modern conveniences, and aesthetics that align with the era from the original psycho. It would have been more interesting if they made it THAT era. 

I also don't see much potential for it. It's going to bore me a lot like Dexter did. It's taking shape as something that will be formulaic and predictable. The whole town being a front for a drug cartel doesn't jive with Hitchcock. I don't think he'd like it, therefore I don't think I do... so far.

The blending between modern conveniences and aesthetics that aligh with the original era?  Slow your roll Roper.  They have to appeal to a wide demographic.  Mouth breathers like Verbal are far too scatter brained to concentrate on things they can't relate to.  He'd tune out 60's vernacular and garb within 15 minutes.

The blending between modern conveniences and aesthetics that aligh with the original era?  Slow your roll Roper.  They have to appeal to a wide demographic.  Mouth breathers like Verbal are far too scatter brained to concentrate on things they can't relate to.  He'd tune out 60's vernacular and garb within 15 minutes.

Mad Men would have been so much more successful if they hadn't committed to the era. Oh. Wait.

Do you EVER know wtf you are talking about?

Mad Men would have been so much more successful if they hadn't committed to the era. Oh. Wait.

Do you EVER know wtf you are talking about?

yeah..  Mad Men is targetting the same demos as the friggin Bates Motel.

loling @ you.

yeah..  Mad Men is targetting the same demos as the friggin Bates Motel.

loling @ you.

That's the inherent flaw. 

Shows like Mad Men have staying power, because of the demo they target. Just like many of the shows we are discussing.

Bates Motel is aiming at Twilight fans, when it had much more profound potential. I'm glad you are digging your heels in over how great it is. Fag.

You suck and are an idiot.

Revolution got predictable and is marred by a leading man who looks more like a CPA than a kick ass savior of the world type.  I'm kind of watching just because but it's not on the same level as the Bates Motel as far as acting is concerned.

The Following started off ok but jumped the shark when police officers and swat team members started shooting civilians because they are supposedly under the spell of what's his name.  When they got to the house full of women, men, and children who worshipped what's his face the lady friend immediately announced she was out while rolling her eyes.  Can't say I blame her.

You are a complete tool.  I agree with Ape on Bates Motel critique - it doesn't fit.  And the acting for Revolution is completely different due to the premise of the show - you can't even compare the two.  Again, you're a tool.

And wtf is wrong with CPAs?  I'm not one, but I do have an Accounting degree and an MBA.  So, EAD.  Accountants are cool mother****ers.  I'll do your ******* taxes, you stick with mowing my ******* lawn.  Asshat.

Whew.  After posting on DM this morning, I needed that.  Thanks, Pac!

That's the inherent flaw. 

Shows like Mad Men have staying power, because of the demo they target. Just like many of the shows we are discussing.

Bates Motel is aiming at Twilight fans, when it had much more profound potential. I'm glad you are digging your heels in over how great it is. Fag.

Mad Men has staying power because it's universally beloved by the Emmy voters.  There's a reason it has about a 4th of the viewing audience of the Walking Dead.  And it's not because Walking Dead is better written.

And I've consistently said Bates Motel was solid, not great.  Nice try though.

You are a complete tool.  I agree with Ape on Bates Motel critique - it doesn't fit.  And the acting for Revolution is completely different due to the premise of the show - you can't even compare the two.  Again, you're a tool.

And wtf is wrong with CPAs?  I'm not one, but I do have an Accounting degree and an MBA.  So, EAD.  Accountants are cool mother****ers.  I'll do your ******* taxes, you stick with mowing my ******* lawn.  Asshat.

Accountants are my bitches.

Totally.  His evolution is some of the greatest character development of all time. Jesse too.  But yeah, I finish every episode genuinely nervous/excited about what happens next.  Boardwalk Empire does that for me...but those are really the only 2 maybe in the history of TV Shows that I get that way.  I loved the Soparano's but I never got those antsy feelings watching that show like I do Breaking Bad.

Yeah, its not blowing me away like the first Breaking Bad episode but its good.  I'll watch a couple more see if it gets any better. 

24 did it for me the first 2-3 seasons. 

I watched first season of Revolution.  I liked it.  Gonna check out second season.  Though gotta be honest when they charged up the Black Hawk helicopters at send of season 1 it seemed a little over the top. I have no idea who the hell the accountant is Pacs talking about.  I do like the ex billionare fat guy who had the sexy Asian wife. 

Mad Men has staying power because it's universally beloved by the Emmy voters.  There's a reason it has about a 4th of the viewing audience of the Walking Dead.  And it's not because Walking Dead is better written.

And I've consistently said Bates Motel was solid, not great.  Nice try though.

So, you're saying you liked the first Twilight, but didn't care for the sequels. Got it.

I watched first season of Revolution.  I liked it.  Gonna check out second season.  Though gotta be honest when they charged up the Black Hawk helicopters at send of season 1 it seemed a little over the top. I have no idea who the hell the accountant is Pacs talking about.  I do like the ex billionare fat guy who had the sexy Asian wife. 

The main character is about as threatening as my mailman yet I'm supposed to believe he routinely takes out groups of 10 or more with nothing but his sword.

Yeah they fired up blackhawks after 15 years with no power and amazingly had pilots capable of making evasive mid air maneuvers.  And a guy firing a machine gun out of the side when the day before he was using a civil war era gun.  ok.

My top 3 shows: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead.

Same, plus I'd add: Boardwalk Empire and Homeland

This only considers stuff currently running. I might add House of Cards soon, if it keeps trending the direction it's going. 

Archived