Rex is finished

Jetfan13

The team has played hard for Rex every game. The offense has just been putrid the last two years. If Rex gets them to the playoffs this year he isn't going anywhere and will probably get a nice extension. So how is that for finished?

I wish the team would have played hard for Rex in just the first half of the Pittsburgh playoff game.

It looked like they were happy with press clippings and their Patriot Super Bowl win. But I digress.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the team would have played hard for Rex in just the first half of the Pittsburgh playoff game.

It looked like they were happy with press clippings and their Patriot Super Bowl win. But I digress.

I don't it mattered who the HC was that game, they just ran out of gas.

Actually, Rex was finished when his team no-showed against the Steelers in the AFCCG. It's just taken some time to finally end him.

So are Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh finished?  Both of their teams no-showed in the first half (just like the Jets in Pitt), in everyone of their playoff games. 

this thread is comedy gold! thanks for the laugh

So everyone wanted a leash on rex and a GM that would corral his big ego and demands into something that is a long term plan.  Well, judging from what is going on(not what is being said) the GM is doing just that.  Reading tea leaves about what players are being cut and what players are not being signed is just that, reading tea leaves.  We knew we were going to axe EVERY ONE of those vets.  EVERY ONE.  Any one of the doomsday sayers, please let me know who was a surprise.  Now, we get to see what our new GM has as far as evaluating talent and building a roster.  I dont think it has anything to do with getting Rex out or sticking nails under his tires.  It has everything to do with building a team.  I agree with a lot of people on this board that Rex has an uphill battle, hope he comes out throwing haymakers.

The team has played hard for Rex every game. The offense has just been putrid the last two years. If Rex gets them to the playoffs this year he isn't going anywhere and will probably get a nice extension. So how is that for finished?

If you're trying to defend Rex, and considering how many times his team has been blown out the last two years, you'd be much better off saying that the team wasn't really playing hard. Otherwise, you're saying that the team was woefully unprepared to compete.

That means they were gassed emotionally then, because it was the first quarter, first drive. That means they weren't mentally prepared.

Many teams have played 2 games and then win the championship game. 

What was Carrol's excuse vs. the Redskins and Atlanta?  Is he finished?  Should he be fired? 

What about San Fran and Harbaugh?  Gave up 34 points in the first half vs. the Falcons.  Gave up 21 vs. the Ravens.  Is he finished?  Bad coach?  Cant motivate his team?  Should he be fired? 

lmfao - these are now the darling of the NFL guilty of the same thing you people havent given up on 2 years later with Rex which makes him a bad HC..  lulza.  This place. 

What was Carrol's excuse vs. the Redskins and Atlanta? Is he finished? Should he be fired?

What about San Fran and Harbaugh? Gave up 34 points in the first half vs. the Falcons. Gave up 21 vs. the Ravens. Is he finished? Bad coach? Cant motivate his team? Should he be fired?

lmfao - these are now the darling of the NFL guilty of the same thing you people havent given up on 2 years later with Rex which makes him a bad HC.. lulza. This place.

Glory days, yeah, they'll pass you by.

I was chatting with a friend who's a Jets fan and he said (re: Idzik), "It feels like the Jets are a professional football team again." I love being able to open a newspaper and not see the stupid pouring out of Florham Park for a change. I can just imagine the stream of media diarrhea we'd be sifting through right now if Tannenbaum was involved in trading Revis. A million unsourced quotes talking about how mean Darrelle is to Mr. Johnson.

I for one miss the Roscoe Diner talk.

2 starting DL's gone, 3 starting LB's gone, Revis and Landry probably gone. And maybe even Bell.

Thats 7, maybe 8 out of 11 starters likely gone. Rex is the defense, never got to involved in the offense. If 7 or 8 new starters on the defensive side of the ball doesn't spell adios, then Rex must have pics of Woody doing somethjing un-natural.

Everyone who knows me knows I am not a doomsslayer, but where do you see a + in this equation?

Well, the LBs were no good, Pouha did not play much, Revis hardly played at all, Holmes did not play.  The secondary did okay without Revis.  So they are gone.  So what.  I will not miss them.  We were 6-10 last year and we could actually be better this year, IMO. They should be able to replace slow ass LBs with younger, faster ones.  They should draft some useful players.  I do not smell disaster.  Of course, without a QB, success is also out of the question.  Rex has his work cut out for him.  And just think, he will be doing it without players he inherited from the previous regime, for the most part.

What was Carrol's excuse vs. the Redskins and Atlanta?  Is he finished?  Should he be fired? 

What about San Fran and Harbaugh?  Gave up 34 points in the first half vs. the Falcons.  Gave up 21 vs. the Ravens.  Is he finished?  Bad coach?  Cant motivate his team?  Should he be fired? 

lmfao - these are now the darling of the NFL guilty of the same thing you people havent given up on 2 years later with Rex which makes him a bad HC..  lulza.  This place. 

Dude Rex is skinny. NO longer worthy of your unconditional love. 

Dude Rex is skinny. NO longer worthy of your unconditional love. 

Unconditional love aside.  He's a bad coach because of that game.  Many people around here say so.  But those other guys arent even though their teams are guilty of the exact same thing? 

Weird. 

Unconditional love aside. He's a bad coach because of that game. Many people around here say so. But those other guys arent even though their teams are guilty of the exact same thing?

Weird.

If Carroll and Harbaugh spend the next two years watching their teams quit on them while going 1-11 against winning teams in that time, they'll lose their jobs.

What has Cohwer ever done besides ride the coattails of the greatest D-Coordinator of all time, and coach one of the top 3 run franchises in the league, with the Steelers ownership, front office, and Dick LeBaeu at their disposal any HC would have won a SB in 15+ years there, but good ones would have won 2+, Cohwer is a safe playing pussy, who will almost always fail in the big game, because he won't have the balls to be aggressive. I'm so sick of hearing about how great a coach Bill Cohwer is! He is a good coach who runs a tight ship, nothing more, nothing less!

Agree

I have a friend, who is a hard core Steelers fan, I remember him  screeming for his head year after year

Unconditional love aside.  He's a bad coach because of that game.  Many people around here say so.  But those other guys arent even though their teams are guilty of the exact same thing? 

Weird. 

Rex is a bad coach because he's a pussy and lost all his fatness.  If he stayed fat we would already have a Superbowl.  >realtalk<

What has Cohwer ever done besides ride the coattails of the greatest D-Coordinator of all time, and coach one of the top 3 run franchises in the league, with the Steelers ownership, front office, and Dick LeBaeu at their disposal any HC would have won a SB in 15+ years there, but good ones would have won 2+, Cohwer is a safe playing pussy, who will almost always fail in the big game, because he won't have the balls to be aggressive. I'm so sick of hearing about how great a coach Bill Cohwer is! He is a good coach who runs a tight ship, nothing more, nothing less!

^^^ Trolled.

If Carroll and Harbaugh spend the next two years watching their teams quit on them while going 1-11 against winning teams in that time, they'll lose their jobs.

Ok, so the same logic that makes Rex Ryan a bad coach doesnt apply to Carroll and Harbaugh. Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand. I hate being out of the loop with the cool kids around here.

Thier teams come out flat. Cool.

Rex team comes out flat. Not cool.

Saved in the memory bank for future reference. You're a good man Tom.

Ok, so the same logic that makes Rex Ryan that makes him a bad coach doesnt apply to Carroll and Harbaugh. Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand. I hate being out of the loop with the cool kids around here.

...what?

If you're trying to defend Rex, and considering how many times his team has been blown out the last two years, you'd be much better off saying that the team wasn't really playing hard. Otherwise, you're saying that the team was woefully unprepared to compete.

I'm stating that the Jets were too emotionally and physically drained to compete with the Steelers in Pittsburgh during that AFC Championship game and that it had nothing to do with Rex's gameplay or preparation. In fact, the Jets did a nice job of fighting back and making it into a game. Any issues I have with Rex Ryan, it's not coming from that game. I'd rather focus on what's happened the last two 'down' seasons, where complaints and finger pointing is more appropriate and warranted, imo. 

Ok, so the same logic that makes Rex Ryan that makes him a bad coach doesnt apply to Carroll and Harbaugh.  Gotcha.  Just want to make sure I understand.  I hate being out of the loop with the cool kids around here.

Thier teams come out flat.  Cool.

Rex team comes out flat.  Not cool.

Saved in the memory bank for future reference.  You're a good man Tom.

Tell us again how your boy Holmes took one for the team. That was cool kids kind of stuff.

this thread is comedy gold! thanks for the laugh

So everyone wanted a leash on rex and a GM that would corral his big ego and demands into something that is a long term plan.  Well, judging from what is going on(not what is being said) the GM is doing just that.  Reading tea leaves about what players are being cut and what players are not being signed is just that, reading tea leaves.  We knew we were going to axe EVERY ONE of those vets.  EVERY ONE.  Any one of the doomsday sayers, please let me know who was a surprise.  Now, we get to see what our new GM has as far as evaluating talent and building a roster.  I dont think it has anything to do with getting Rex out or sticking nails under his tires.  It has everything to do with building a team.  I agree with a lot of people on this board that Rex has an uphill battle, hope he comes out throwing haymakers.

Rex was 'on a leash' long before the brought in Idzik.   What has he really said since the season ended.  He's a coach that will probably be fired at the end of the season.  He's a HC of a team who just gutted about everybody meaningful and if it weren't for cap considerations and guarantees  i'm sure they would have dumped many others.  Idzik is cleaning house and wants to build his team.     Rex really has nothing to say. Who would.  "Hey look at all the guys we cut?"  yeah right.  Rex is a loud mouth bragger, an overconfident guy, etc.    Not much to be confident about now.  

Lets see after the draft. If the jets pick a couple of potential studs,  Rex might say a few things then.  Right now, it's a fire sale.

I'm stating that the Jets were too emotionally and physically drained to compete with the Steelers in Pittsburgh during that AFC Championship game and that it had nothing to do with Rex's gameplay or preparation. In fact, the Jets did a nice job of fighting back and making it into a game. Any issues I have with Rex Ryan, it's not coming from that game. I'd rather focus on what's happened the last two 'down' seasons, where complaints and finger pointing is more appropriate and warranted, imo.

Ah. I thought you were saying that the team has always played hard for Rex.

Rex was 'on a leash' long before the brought in Idzik.   What has he really said since the season ended.  He's a coach that will probably be fired at the end of the season.  He's a HC of a team who just gutted about everybody meaningful and if it weren't for cap considerations and guarantees  i'm sure they would have dumped many others.  Idzik is cleaning house and wants to build his team.     Rex really has nothing to say. Who would.  "Hey look at all the guys we cut?"  yeah right.  Rex is a loud mouth bragger, an overconfident guy, etc.    Not much to be confident about now.  

Lets see after the draft. If the jets pick a couple of potential studs,  Rex might say a few things then.  Right now, it's a fire sale.

He didnt say much last year as well.  After he didnt make the playoffs in year 3 he said that all of his talk may have hurt his team and he toned it down.  Like i said in my post, all of the people we released we knew we would release. No surprises there imo.  I am pulling for Rex and Idzik to give me something to cheer about this coming year.

He didnt say much last year as well.  After he didnt make the playoffs in year 3 he said that all of his talk may have hurt his team and he toned it down.  Like i said in my post, all of the people we released we knew we would release. No surprises there imo.  I am pulling for Rex and Idzik to give me something to cheer about this coming year.

I'm rooting for Rex.  He's a guy who has been overlooked by most organizations over the years, even his own, and the jets gave him a chance. 

His first two seasons they played over their heads and made runs.  Scouting, drafting, etc was horrible though. Tanny is to blame. Scouting is to blame. Rex and the coaching staff are to blame.       But the guy is a defensive guru regardless of what people say.  Last season without Revis, they still had a top defense.    

I'm rooting for the Jets, but I see this as one of those Idzik is dumping everything and wanting control of everything.  Rex is only here because of money and his ties to Woody.  They stink this year and it's an easy "dump the guy."     What we don't know is how good is Idzik at building a team from the draft.  Hiring coaches, etc.    So far he seems to know how to revamp an organization.  But sometimes it's easier to tear something down than to build it back up.    

Lets just hope the Front office know how to draft.  It's one thing to be horrible and have no hope. It's another to have some key players to build around and hope for the future.   Time will tell.

Ah. I thought you were saying that the team has always played hard for Rex.

well, I did. Just not in the post you quoted. What I meant, to be more specific, is, I don't think the team has ever given up on Rex, specifically the D. I do think they gave up on Sanchez which created a domino effect...which Rex is mostly to blame for.

So...indirectly, yes. But as some teams will do, literally stop trying with the lame duck coach, I haven't really seen yet.

The laying down in blow outs I consider frustration, loss of hope with the offense than a F U to Rex.

Haven't seen it yet, but this could be the year with the last of his cronies gone.

Ok, so the same logic that makes Rex Ryan a bad coach doesnt apply to Carroll and Harbaugh. Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand. I hate being out of the loop with the cool kids around here.

Shut up you goofball.

Rex lost the team twice in 2 of his 4 season. It may never happen again, but it has happened.

Nothing else you slap-fighting dingleberries are talking about matters, since he's going to be the coach this year. Period.

Not sure why any grown man would spend the better part of every day fretting over the potential horrible outcomes, but whatever. I'm sure people here also bought saran wrap and duct tape to put on their houses after 9/11 when the news media threatened that there would be chemical warfare attacks every weekend when they pushed the terror threat meter up to red just in time for weekend TV watchers to be home tuning in all day Saturday and Sunday, to get their fix of fear.

Shut up you goofball.

Rex lost the team twice in 2 of his 4 season. It may never happen again, but it has happened.

Nothing else you slap-fighting dingleberries are talking about matters, since he's going to be the coach this year. Period.

Not sure why any grown man would spend the better part of every day fretting over the potential horrible outcomes, but whatever. I'm sure people here also bought saran wrap and duct tape to put on their houses after 9/11 when the news media threatened that there would be chemical warfare attacks every weekend when they pushed the terror threat meter up to red just in time for weekend TV watchers to be home tuning in all day Saturday and Sunday, to get their fix of fear.

Hey, I've been told he's a bad coach for not having them ready for the AFC Champ game.  I just want to make sure that doesnt apply to Carroll and Harbaugh for future reference. 

I dont think Rex lost the team this past season.  They just sucked and were being led by one of the worst QB's in the league.

And Rex didnt lose the team the year before until Sanchez pissed away the season.  Winning cures all.  They make the playoffs after being 8-5, we never hear about the locker room problems, IMO. 

His teams fight hard for him, unfortunately Sanchez ruins it all.

Why the **** can't a Jets fan call the fan and actually be prepared to talk to this fat slob lol!!?

It's so sad isn't it?

Hey Mike, u-uh-derp-derp derp um derp but Mike derp ummm yeah, um... derp derp Jets  derep herp derp...

******* morons. These fans deserver this loser franchise.

You and me. Let's go root for a new team. Your call, but not the Browns.

Archived