"Cool Hand John" Just What the Jets Need right now

flgreen

Why has no one done a search function montage detailing Gato's righteous-indignation-turned-defeatist-realism?

Defeatist? Pffft they're way closer to 10-6 than 0-16. A lot easier to win 4 more games in the NFL than lose 6 more. Welcome to Paritydise homey.

Ugh, reading the horrible article was still better than reading the Gato-to-Shane diarrhea that followed it.

When's the last time you losers left the house, for crying out loud?

I have a rich and rewarding personal life. I'm banging a woman as I type this.

Green Lantern: ‘Cool Hand’ John Just What The Jets Need Right Now

And Idzik just got a stake in a Faro card game, with no intention of letting the next gang to blow into town beat the banker.

Read more columns by Jeff Capellini and follow him on Twitter at @GreenLanternJ

I love this new GM he is acting how a gm should act, its great having a grown up running things...

This article sounded like he was paid by the Jets new GM to say these things.   Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

I'm glad they aren't going crazy signing overpriced players, but can they really do that anyway?    

So they sign a bunch of injured backup guys who may play out the season, may not, probably won't be here in 2014 anyway.

It's a wait and see for me.  They need a good draft this year, players who show promise and hope for the future. If the jets go 5-11 but there are a number of starters from this draft, a number of good players, there is hope for the future.  Then next year they need another good draft.   Until that point, it's all BS.   If none of these players amount to anything but a John Conner kind of player or a Gholston,  who is to say they'll ever amount to anything in his regime.  

It's  Easy to dump a bunch of overpriced crap from a 6-10 team over the cap, easy to just talk about a Revis trade.  The hard part is actually building a winner., making a good trade for Revis. And keeping that team successful for years. There are tons of 'one year' wonders in sports who never win anything and wind up rebuilding every few years.

Somebody also mentioned Sandy Alderson.  Moneyball is great, until you realize the A's sucked for years after, finally had a winning season last year,  and never seemed to be able to win a playoff series anyway.  And then realize he's been the Mets GM for the last few years.  Who wants to be like them?

This article sounded like he was paid by the Jets new GM to say these things.   Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

I'm glad they aren't going crazy signing overpriced players, but can they really do that anyway?    

So they sign a bunch of injured backup guys who may play out the season, may not, probably won't be here in 2014 anyway.

It's a wait and see for me.  They need a good draft this year, players who show promise and hope for the future. If the jets go 5-11 but there are a number of starters from this draft, a number of good players, there is hope for the future.  Then next year they need another good draft.   Until that point, it's all BS.   If none of these players amount to anything but a John Conner kind of player or a Gholston,  who is to say they'll ever amount to anything in his regime.  

It's  Easy to dump a bunch of overpriced crap from a 6-10 team over the cap, easy to just talk about a Revis trade.  The hard part is actually building a winner., making a good trade for Revis. And keeping that team successful for years. There are tons of 'one year' wonders in sports who never win anything and wind up rebuilding every few years.

Somebody also mentioned Sandy Alderson.  Moneyball is great, until you realize the A's sucked for years after, finally had a winning season last year,  and never seemed to be able to win a playoff series anyway.  And then realize he's been the Mets GM for the last few years.  Who wants to be like them?

It's fair to say Idzik is a major improvement over Tannenbaum. But a rhesus monkey flinging his poop all over the corner office at Florham Park would also be an improvement.

If he trades Revis this year without getting a 2013 #1, let's get the monkey in here forthwith.

The author does beat the metaphor to death, buries it, builds a monument to it, a parking lot and candy stand next to it,  and then sells tickets concessions and parking to visit his dead metaphor.

Can anyone expalin why Tannenbaum got a job on NFLN. "Here's where you overate your own talent, and then overpay it, usually in a diner." Thanks for that insights, Mike. Here's a 6 figure salary.

Archived