<><><>You be John Idzik Super Poll Mock<><><>

T0mShane

2013 Jets Mock Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Bucs Offer 2013 First (#13), 2014 Second for Revis. You say...

• Yes, give me the draft picks
    • No, I'm keeping Revis
  2. 2. At Pick #9, these players remain on the board. You select...

• Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, University of Tennessee
    • Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    • Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    • Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    • Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
  3. 3. If you opted to take Pick #13 (for Revis), you select:

• Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
    • Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    • Bjoern Werner, OLB, FSU
    • Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    • Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
  4. 4. Assuming you didn't draft Geno Smith, which QB do you take later on?

• Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (Rd. 2)
    • Matt Barkley, USC (Rd. 2)
    • EJ Manuel, FSU (Rd. 2)
    • Mike Glennon, NC State (Rd. 3)
    • Tyler Bray, Tennessee (Rd. 4)
    • Zac Dysert, Miami of Ohio (Rd. 4)
    • Matt Scott, Arizona (Rd. 4)
    • Sean Renfree, Duke (Rd. 5)
  5. 5. Post draft, these FAs are at the door. You can afford two of them. Which ones do you sign (if any)?

• Braylon Edwards, WR
    • Antoine Winfield, CB
    • Brandon Moore, OG
    • James Harrison, OLB
    • Tommy Kelly, DT
    • Charles Woodson, S
    • Israel Idonije, DE
    • Kerry Rhodes, FS
    • Ahmad Bradshaw, RB
  6. 6. It is January, 2014. The team finishes 7-9 with David Garrard at QB. The defense finishes top ten in ppg allowed, and the offense turns the ball over less. Your coach in 2014 will be (assuming these will say yes)...

• Rex Ryan, because he's earned it.
    • David Shaw, Stanford.
    • Jon Gruden, ESPN
    • Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
    • Mike Zimmer, DC, Bengals
    • Darrell Bevell, OC, Seahawks
    • Lovie Smith
    • Dirk Koetter, OC, Falcons
    • Jack Del Rio, DC, Broncos

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make him play and try to extend him if this sudden drop in pay for CBs this offseason turns into two offseasons. Nice coincidence THO.

Went Idonije and Woodson, but don't really care. Winfield really interested me in the same way Woodson would for Los Yets.

Mingo, but not sold on that either. Warmack or even Cooper at 9 would not bring the range. Mingo at 9 and Cooper at 13 is appealing to me if both hit their ceilings, but meh I'd rather try to keep the guy I know is great.

Keep Rex.

I went Nassib for the QBs.

^ We've heard as low as between $12-$13 per all the way up to $16 per. Of course, depending on the contract language (guarantees, what gets paid when, etc), you could make it look like Revis is getting more or less average "per year" than he'll ever actually see, which I think is accounting for the rumored numbers disparity. Obviously, the agents are going to crow about the higher figure while the team is going to cite the smaller. IMO, when he gets his Tampa deal, it'll be all front-loaded because 1. That's what Revis likes and 2. Tampa has to spend a sh*tload to get to the salary floor. What will be amusing is if they give Revis huge dollars, then Josh Freeman goes out and has a monster season, then Tampa has to try and re-sign him next off-season in a QB market that just saw Tony Romo get $108 million.

I'd laugh pretty hard too as the Jets "rebuild" until 25 million dollar QB while the Bucs somehow manage to survive having a Revis and a QB on the same team. 

Make him play and try to extend him if this sudden drop in pay for CBs this offseason turns into two offseasons. Nice coincidence THO.

Went Idonije and Woodson, but don't really care. Winfield really interested me in the same way Woodson would for Los Yets.

Mingo, but not sold on that either. Warmack or even Cooper at 9 would not bring the range. Mingo at 9 and Cooper at 13 is appealing to me if both hit their ceilings, but meh I'd rather try to keep the guy I know is great.

Keep Rex.

I went Nassib for the QBs.

I'd laugh pretty hard too as the Jets "rebuild" until 25 million dollar QB while the Bucs somehow manage to survive having a Revis and a QB on the same team. 

Are you Nassib's cousin or something?

My god you are so wrong. 

You're really just wrong about this. 

Really? Because the league agrees with me.

Have to go back to 1997 to find a guard taken higher than #15.

A safety went #7 last year. And #5 in 2010. And #6 in 2007. And #7 & 8 in 2006. And #8 in 2005.

Sorry, man, but you guys are overvaluing the position.

I undertand the value of a strong OL, but you create one with decent prospects, a good scheme, and a good coach to implement it. You don't need top ten guards. They why they barely exist. And in the new pass happy NFL, they're less important than ever.

Really? Because the league agrees with me.

Have to go back to 1997 to find a guard taken higher than #15.

A safety went #7 last year. And #5 in 2010. And #6 in 2007. And #7 & 8 in 2006. And #8 in 2005.

Sorry, man, but you guys are overvaluing the position.

I undertand the value of a strong OL, but you create one with decent prospects, a good scheme, and a good coach to implement it. You don't need top ten guards. They why they barely exist. And in the new pass happy NFL, they're less important than ever.

Of course it's a passing league but there is no one who will be available there who would help the Jets passing game. Again, the weakness of the top 15 of this draft is the reason we're having this conversation. 

I vote for no one. The QB's in this draft suck. 

You voted for Renfree. You love Renfree! You love Renfree! Unbanmadmiiiike and Sean Renfree sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage! Then comes a baby in a ba-by carriage!

Btw, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson have been available. Victor Cruz is available, Wes Welker available, all made the Pro Bowl this year.

Pro Bowler Mario Williams was available last year, Peppers was available. Avril available.

QB is really the only one...so unless you think Geno Smith is the next John Elway.

I said free agents.  The only free agent you mentioned - particularly one who doesn't/didn't require trading away the equivalent of a first round pick or more - is Wes Welker.  So referring to Marshall, VJ, or Cruz as available free agents, as opposed to being under contract with another team, is almost a distinction without a difference.  Welker is the only one who didn't require surrendering a 1st round pick to the former team.  And I thought Marshall was traded by Denver to Miami and then traded again by Miami to Chicago.

A pro bowl guard you can acquire any year without surrendering any picks to anyone (let alone a round 1 pick).  Picking up a single 32 year old slot receiver is the best FA WR you can come up with over the past what, 5-6 seasons?

Of course it's a passing league but there is no one who will be available there who would help the Jets passing game. Again, the weakness of the top 15 of this draft is the reason we're having this conversation. 

They're've been plenty of weak drafts in the last 28 years -the last time a guard went as high as #9- and yet no one's taking a guard that high in all that time.

And Tavon Austin wouldn't help the passing game?

They're've been plenty of weak drafts in the last 28 years -the last time a guard went as high as #9- and yet no one's taking a guard that high in all that time.

Austin at 9 is a hell of a reach... I can live with that more than Mingo or someone like that though. 

How does a 5'8" return man help the passing game with terrible QB option? We already have a bunch of smaller wide receivers. Pass.

Percy Harvin, Desean Jackson, Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Randall Cobb...

But we already have a wide receiver under 6 feet.  And if there's anything that I've learned, it's that all small wide receivers are equivalent, in the same way that all tall quarterbacks are equivalent.  

But we already have a wide receiver under 6 feet.  And if there's anything that I've learned, it's that all small wide receivers are equivalent, in the same way that all tall quarterbacks are equivalent.  

Comparing Austin and Kerley is dumb. Austin is on a completely different level physically and as a gamebreaker. 

Percy Harvin, Desean Jackson, Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Randall Cobb...

And how many of them play on the same team as another one? Jackson and Maclin but that hasn't worked out so well in Philly. Plus Holmes isn't the biggest guy either. More pressing needs.

Comparing Austin and Kerley is dumb. Austin is on a completely different level physically and as a gamebreaker.

Cool. Who throws them the ball or blocks to protect the person who is going to attempt it? This player is a luxury on a team where they can afford to take him. The Jets cannot afford that at this time.

Cool. Who throws them the ball or blocks to protect the person who is going to attempt it? This player is a luxury on a team where they can afford to take him. The Jets cannot afford that at this time.

I want the guard but a guy like Austin who can get the ball in many different ways is probably well suited to an offense trying to hide the QB. 

Harvin isn't exclusively a slot receiver and neither is Austin.

So let's put Kerley, Holmes and Austin out there and see what happens! Sounds promising especially with all those super accurate QBs we have!!

The guy is a reach at nine. Such a reach that he can't even get it himself because he is short.

And how many of them play on the same team as another one? Jackson and Maclin but that hasn't worked out so well in Philly. Plus Holmes isn't the biggest guy either. More pressing needs.

Maclin had a weird viral thing and missed most of last year, but go watch any games where Jackson and Maclin were on the field together (particularly the Giants games). Matching up with that quickness is impossible. Nobody has two corners that can deal with that type of player.

I want the guard but a guy like Austin who can get the ball in many different ways is probably well suited to an offense trying to hide the QB.

Hide the QB? Doesn't sound like a west coast offense to me.

All I am saying is he isn't worth the 9 pick. You want to trade down into the late teens or twenties and take the midget go ahead.

Maclin had a weird viral thing and missed most of last year, but go watch any games where Jackson and Maclin were on the field together (particularly the Giants games). Matching up with that quickness is impossible. Nobody has two corners that can deal with that type of player.

Cool story. Where do we get another receiver like that and a QB that can accurately throw down the field? No need to put the cart in front of the horse.

Hide the QB? Doesn't sound like a west coast offense to me.

All I am saying is he isn't worth the 9 pick. You want to trade down into the late teens or twenties and take the midget go ahead.

Thats exactly a WCO. Short, quick throws so the QB doesn't have to get happy feet in the pocket or make any tough reads. 

Who would you pick at 9? It's a bad draft. 

So let's put Kerley, Holmes and Austin out there and see what happens! Sounds promising especially with all those super accurate QBs we have!!

The guy is a reach at nine. Such a reach that he can't even get it himself because he is short.

Holmes likely won't see the field too much for the Jets again. Austin is a threat to take the five yard pass and turn it into a 90-yard score. He's no Golden Tate, but he's pretty good.

Thats exactly a WCO. Short, quick throws so the QB doesn't have to get happy feet in the pocket or make any tough reads.

Who would you pick at 9? It's a bad draft.

Short quick throws are fine but they tend to be high coming out of the hands of Sanchez. Need bigger receivers.

Depends on who is there. Dion Jordan would be ideal. If not, try to trade down and take one of the guards or Eifert.

Short quick throws are fine but they tend to be high coming out of the hands of Sanchez. Need bigger receivers.

Depends on who is there. Dion Jordan would be ideal. If not, try to trade down and take one of the guards or Eifert.

Jordan is a pipe dream at 9 and no one wants to trade up in this draft. 

Holmes likely won't see the field too much for the Jets again. Austin is a threat to take the five yard pass and turn it into a 90-yard score. He's no Golden Tate, but he's pretty good.

Golden Tate actually flourished a bit last season and another year with Wilson could be a breakout star next season.

Again, I don't think Austin is worth number 9.

Cool story. Where do we get another receiver like that and a QB that can accurately throw down the field? No need to put the cart in front of the horse.

The Jets need to make the bed for the QB of the Future to step into. Receivers generally need a redshirt year to figure it out. You give Hill, Austin, and a draftee TE a year head start, then you have a decent foundation of a receiving corps for QBOTF.

Jordan is a pipe dream at 9 and no one wants to trade up in this draft.

If Geno drops to us or Star falls, someone might. Never know. I'd be okay with a guard at 9. I want nothing to do with Jarvis Jones, Mingo or Geno. I could get behind Werner or Andah but don't love them either.

Archived