If Idzik is any good, we're in good shape

AFJF

Two picks in the top twelve this year, probably a top five pick next year (plus picks from TB). Couple that with Wilk, Coples, Mandold, Brick, Kerley...and we have a solid foundation. (Sorry for posting something slightly optimistic)

Top 5 pick next year?

That's my best guess. This team has been gutted. We have 5-6 very good players, and 47 JAGS. Even if the draft is a home run, there's. learning curve. Top 5 pick.

There are going to be a few elite players in the draft next year. At least Bridgewater, Yeldon and Clowney. But the Jets will probably get the no 4 pick and miss out on all of them lol

Hopefully a few more elite talents emerge for the Jets to pick from.

There are going to be a few elite players in the draft next year. At least Bridgewater, Yeldon and Clowney. But the Jets will probably get the no 4 pick and miss out on all of them lol

And if Bridgewater pulls a Luck, Manning, Leinart,   what then?

If he sucks we're doomed.  

And since we're the Jets....  well... you know the answer.

It's the entire FO.  It's Idzik, it's his scouts, his staff, his analysts, etc.   Who knows how much input the current coaching staff has on this draft.  That's the scary part.   A GM building a team without really wanting input from the coaches.   It means the GM has to be great or things will fall apart quickly.   

This year and next  year will really determine where the Jets will be going in the future.  A great draft this year provides hope for next year.  A weak draft and this might be a horrible few years.  Dislike Rex or Mangini, but it seemed they were always more defense than offense. And they made some solid picks now and again.    Rex and Tanny fell in love with Sanchez and the rest of that is history.  But overall the Jets seem to pick defense more often than not. They've also had defensive HC more often than not.    

Now Idzik is sort of "the man" as Rex and Marty are more lame duck coaches who have less say than other coaches sometimes do.   So he has to have a plan for what the future is, even if he says he doesn't.  Whether its to build some offensive power, a ground and pound defensive team, etc doesn't matter.  There has to be some kind of plan. If not, you might see random picks all over the place that make no sense.

It's the entire FO.  It's Idzik, it's his scouts, his staff, his analysts, etc.   Who knows how much input the current coaching staff has on this draft.  That's the scary part.   A GM building a team without really wanting input from the coaches.   It means the GM has to be great or things will fall apart quickly.   

This year and next  year will really determine where the Jets will be going in the future.  A great draft this year provides hope for next year.  A weak draft and this might be a horrible few years.

they will suck.  thats our destiny.  to perenially suck

rumor had it the jets scouts liked wilson as a QB, but tanny didn't

so right there I am more optimistic.  idzik actually played and coached football.  tanny couldn't catch a football

if he trades down and takes speedy offensive types and speedy pass rushers, I will be very happy

they will suck.  thats our destiny.  to perenially suck

I hope not.  I hope to see some sort of plan shaping up during the draft.  Maybe all the players don't turn out as expected, maybe there is some sort of surprises here and there, but if a team has a plan, and especially considering the shape the Jets are in,  you can see how it' shaping up.   I don't want to see the Jets just drafting all over the place that makes little sense.  Then it becomes, what the hell is their plan.

Okay. Still no. You didn't just trade Revis to draft a safety 13 overall. You traded him to make your team better. This team has a need at safety, but it's not a pressing, first round type of need.

wait so because we traded revis we shouldnt draft a BAP if they are in the secondary? Best available player my man especially when its such a safe pick.

whod u rather us draft mingo? who may not be a starter for the next 3 years

wait so because we traded revis we shouldnt draft a BAP if they are in the secondary? Best available player my man especially when its such a safe pick.

whod u rather us draft mingo? who may not be a starter for the next 3 years

Who says a safety will be the BPA at 13? I don't want Mingo either. I just don't see Vaccarro as being an impact player worthy of 13 at a position of actual need.

rumor had it the jets scouts liked wilson as a QB, but tanny didn't

so right there I am more optimistic.  idzik actually played and coached football.  tanny couldn't catch a football

if he trades down and takes speedy offensive types and speedy pass rushers, I will be very happy

I don't know what Idzik did and did not do in Seattle.  The Seahawks were on a downward spiral before Carroll came onboard.  And really, they got lucky with Wilson because that same regime dumped everything into signing Matt Flynn. If Wilson wasn't such a surprise, and come on, he's a 3rd round QB that was phenomenal. But that's an exception and not a rule. ANd they got lucky.    ANybody who takes a QB in the 3rd round and he has a season like wilson is lucky. If he sucked, nobody would have said anything nor cared.   Nobody calls Mangini or Tanny idiots for drafting Clemens in the 2nd round.      

If Wilson sucked, Flynn would have been the guy.  WHo knows how that would have turned out.    And this is the same regime that traded a ton for Charlie Whitehurst. Same regime who had Tavarius Jackson.    I'm not going by Wilson being taken in the 3rd round as proof that the seahawks and Idzk know what they are doing.   Saying they have built a pretty damn good defense is one thing.  But didn't Mangini, Rex, & Tanny build a good defense too?    

Idzik joined the Seahawks after they were good and the team proceeded to really suck for most of his time there. What he did or didn't do who knows. All we know is they've had 1 winning season over the past 5 years. And that was last year.    And they got lucky with Wilson.    It's like saying BB & the Patriots knew what they were doing with picking Brady so late.       No it's just taking a chance that has zero risk.  And you were lucky nobody else jumped in to take that chance before you.   

Blaming Tanny for not taking Wilson when the Jets already were stuck with Sanchez is a bit much.    I don't know what Idzik did or did not do with the Seahawks but I sure don't hope his regime mimics that as much considering it took them 5 years and a lucky 3rd round QB pick to turn into a winner.

Who says a safety will be the BPA at 13? I don't want Mingo either. I just don't see Vaccarro as being an impact player worthy of 13 at a position of actual need.

well a lot of people say vaccarro is gonna be a stud in the NFL. So unless u wanna grab one of the good o linemen which id be for

Archived