Jets players getting motivation from rest of league

Cmartin

"I think half the NFL thinks we should pack it up now, and that's all the motivation I need." ~ Willie Colon I think this team will have something to prove this year. We've all read that they don't have the players, Rex is a lame duck coach, etc., etc. I have a feeling that A) The players love playing for Rex and will want him around next season, so they will play hard for him, and B) They want to shove it up the collective writers and other teams asses!

LOVE IT!!!!  I'm beginning to think this team will surprise some people and perhaps be a lot better than some of us initially thought.  If Rex has learned his lessons regarding keeping his mouth shut, holding players accountable, and has an OC that approaches the same level as Rex as a DC, then we could have a very good format for success going forward if Mornhinweg stays beyond this season.

"I think half the NFL thinks we should pack it up now, and that's all the motivation I need." ~ Willie Colon I think this team will have something to prove this year. We've all read that they don't have the players, Rex is a lame duck coach, etc., etc. I have a feeling that A) The players love playing for Rex and will want him around next season, so they will play hard for him, and B) They want to shove it up the collective writers and other teams asses!

Players do love playing for Rex.  He's an incredible Head Coach who has an insane ability to impact players and instill confidence in them to get the best out of them.  Guy is ridiculously talented.  He just hasnt had talent around him to succeed but thats changing right before our very eyes.  I just hope Idzik see's it and keeps Rex here to see it through.

If the Jets can make it to the bye at .500 or even a game below it, they can make a serious run the 2nd half of the season when the schedule gets considerably easier. 

Players do love playing for Rex.  He's an incredible Head Coach who has an insane ability to impact players and instill confidence in them to get the best out of them.  Guy is ridiculously talented.  He just hasnt had talent around him to succeed but thats changing right before our very eyes.  I just hope Idzik see's it and keeps Rex here to see it through.

If the Jets can make it to the bye at .500 or even a game below it, they can make a serious run the 2nd half of the season when the schedule gets considerably easier. 

I think we said the same thing last year only to lose to teams we thought we absolutely should beat toward the end of the year.  Seattle...who knew...

We beat the Colts. So give one to take one. 

I think most of us called that.  Rookie QB and all, nobody knew Luck would start his NFL career that strong, plus their defense was weak and their record the year before was....the worst?

LOVE IT!!!!  I'm beginning to think this team will surprise some people and perhaps be a lot better than some of us initially thought.  If Rex has learned his lessons regarding keeping his mouth shut, holding players accountable, and has an OC that approaches the same level as Rex as a DC, then we could have a very good format for success going forward if Mornhinweg stays beyond this season.

Joe Joe Joe !! Take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard for a few minutes and think really hard. Ok now post

I think we said the same thing last year only to lose to teams we thought we absolutely should beat toward the end of the year.  Seattle...who knew...

thats what happens wen the ultimate meatball is running an offense quarterbacked by a buttfumbling moron

Joe Joe Joe !! Take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard for a few minutes and think really hard. Ok now post

LOL!!!  Basically by nature I'm an incurable optimist, it's just that in the case of the Jets, a lot of that optimism has been beaten and grounded out of me over the last 50 years.  

You can blame my resurgence of hope and optimism on Idzik.  I think he has done a great job so far even with the hiccups of Garrard, Ivory and Goodson.  

I think the team would be hard pressed to have a worse record than last year.  Mornhinweg is INFINITELY better than Sparano.  I think that Geno has a ton of potential.  The speed, athleticism and talent are light years better on D.  I actually think the OL will be better this year.  I think there's a good chance that even without Tone, the WR corps could be better than last year, particularly if Geno is throwing to them.

Of course it could all turn to crap tomorrow, as that's how more often than not, things have gone with the team, but I'm trying to move out of the SOJ mindset.  I think most of the team's bad fortune or Karma was a result of stupidity by the Jets' FO.  I have more hope and faith in Idzik already than I ever had with Tanny or any other Jets GM.  I think if he is given the freedom by Woody to do the job as he sees fit, at a bare minimum he will get this franchise on solid footing and we won't see any more circus-like atmosphere or horrible drafts.  I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm since it's still very early in his tenure, but it's getting harder.

Then again, maybe I'm just really happy to have football back, even if it is Jets football, and tomorrow I'll wake up and all this positive will just have been a dream.

I think most of us called that.  Rookie QB and all, nobody knew Luck would start his NFL career that strong, plus their defense was weak and their record the year before was....the worst?

We did. But it turned out they didn't suck as much as we thought. The same as Seattle, but we got the W.

Archived