Johnny Damon on the Boston Redosx

Smizzy

...reports also say that the Sox gave him to tomorrow to accept it or not. NY came in with a 4-52 and gave him 24 hours to accept it. Lucchino and the puppets lost. It is belived that the Sox brass thought the Dodgers/Yankees were luke-warm in their interest. The Sox would not budge from their initial offer. I don't blame Damon for taking the best offer. Wouldn;t most people? Plus, Damon LOVES having his arse kissed. Yankees kissed it. Sox did not. Again, Sox lose.

Sad, but true, Bob. Red Sox fans can be brutal.

I agree with Miss Kool-Aid, Sox fans can be tought to take. But I dont think they'll boo Johnny as badly as Pansy-boy Rodriguez. Johnny gave us the Game 7 granny, it was/is our favorite baseball memory.

But all that "they didnt return my calls" is horse sh*t. Whats the point in wasting man-hours in a bidding war with the Yankees? Once he took their calls it was over for Boston. Geez, you people should move on, I already have.

We used Johnny for what we wanted. He was our b*tch for a few years and now he is gone...like a jilted, used and abused aspiring actress who once sniffed the big time and winded up turning tricks on the Grand Concourse for coke money.

Johnny Damon is the blackout806 of the '04 Red Sox team...so unimportant and inconsequential that he is left off the "Best of the Year" tribute!

bwa-hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Blackout....damn now I really feel bad.

Just say the word and I will ban Bosox. Then we can call it even. :wink:

Johnny Damon is the blackout806 of the '04 Red Sox team...so unimportant and inconsequential that he is left off the "Best of the Year" tribute!

bwa-hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Lashing out is one form of hidden anger.

You are having a tough time with this Damon to the Yankees episode, aren't you?

Or will you remain in denial? I know several Bosox fans personally, and they are suffering big time. And they have been Bosox fanatics since the mid 1960's, from the early Yaz days. With Rico Petro at SS, and Reggie Smith and Tony C., and Lonborg, and through the Hawk Harrelson years.

And they are hurt and suffering big time now.

[quote name='"mbn007

Or will you remain in denial? I know several Bosox fans personally, and they are suffering big time. And they have been Bosox fanatics since the mid 1960's, from the early Yaz days. With Rico Petro at SS, and Reggie Smith and Tony C., and Lonborg, and through the Hawk Harrelson years.

And they are hurt and suffering big time now.[/quote']

Hurt and suffering? Over a game?

I just don't see the big deal. Damon was/is a good player. So now he plays for the Yankees. It's not a sign that the apocalypse is upon us.

It's not even January yet, and everyone is writing off the Sox, you should at least wait until August when they have a 5 game lead. That's when you can write them off.

It's not even January yet, and everyone is writing off the Sox, you should at least wait until August when they have a 5 game lead. That's when you can write them off.

You've got 2 chances of having a 5 game lead come August, with the squad you currently have. The higher possibility of the 2 is NONE. The other is "Even Less Then That". :wink:

Even if you make a few moves before August, you have a lot of ground to make up.

Yes. A lot. In spite of JBFs denials. :mrgreen:

And they are hurt and suffering big time now.

I thought mbn007 came here to counter not just my sharp wit but my vast bsaeball knowledge. This guy doesnt seem to know his proverbial @ss from his elbow!

This actually goes out to any and all comers:

Everybody is killing the Red Sox stealth ninja front office for letting Johnny Damon wind up in NY and for letting Theo quit. How do you stop somebody from quitting by the way? Regardless...if pitching is the key ingredient to a winning baseball team and the best pitcher to switch teams this offseason wound up on the Red Sox via a straight up HEIST...how come the FO is taking abuse from anyone? Oh, wait...unless its just Yankee honks and self-hating Red Sox fabs like Garb, then it doesnt matter what those agenda-driven schmucks think.

As far as Sox fans being in misery over losing Johnny Damon...that is utter nonsense. Nobody wanted him back for more than 3 years. Some of us wanted to see him accept a 2 year deal with a club optional 3rd year.

Just because the casual fanbase doesnt support every move they make (Dude, I luv Jawhny, he was wicked ooh-ah-some and played wicked hahhhd) doesnt mean they are making bad moves.

So they bought high and sold low on Edgar Renteria...BFD! This Marte fella sounds like he can spearhead a package to pry some unsuspecting stud away from his middle class market team.

The one criticism I have of the Stealth Ninja FO is that they arent savvy enough to make these kinda deals for their top 7 hitters:

Damon: 13 million

Jetes: 20 million

ARod: 25 million

Sheffield: 13 million

Giambi: 20 million

Matsui: 13 million

Posada: 13.5 million

the yankees didnt design A-rods contract

on the surface...it looks like Tom Hicks designed it once $cott Bora$ convinced him to bid against himself. But both men no doubt had the Yankees in mind when they shook hands on this contract in 2001. "If it works out for the Rangers, great! If not, we'll ship him off to NYY and they'll pick up the tab"

Either way...by saying they didnt "design" (is that the right word to use, or is it your interior decorating experience talking?) A-rod's contract, is that your way of saying that fat george is practicing some type of sound financial investing?

By the way...$cott Bora$ is a genius! I stand by this comment that I first made last week. Not only did he convince the Yanks that it was a good idea to overpay for more offense but he screwed Texas again by convincing them to give 5 years and $60 million to Chan Ho Millwood!?!??!!?

How does he do it?

on the surface...it looks like Tom Hicks designed it once $cott Bora$ convinced him to bid against himself. But both men no doubt had the Yankees in mind when they shook hands on this contract in 2001. "If it works out for the Rangers, great! If not, we'll ship him off to NYY and they'll pick up the tab"

Either way...by saying they didnt "design" (is that the right word to use, or is it your interior decorating experience talking?) A-rod's contract, is that your way of saying that fat george is practicing some type of sound financial investing?

By the way...$cott Bora$ is a genius! I stand by this comment that I first made last week. Not only did he convince the Yanks that it was a good idea to overpay for more offense but he screwed Texas again by convincing them to give 5 years and $60 million to Chan Ho Millwood!?!??!!?

How does he do it?

umm the same Alex Rodriguez that the Red Sox tried to get before the Yankees entered the picture?

umm the same Alex Rodriguez that the Red Sox tried to get before the Yankees entered the picture?

that wa swhen we were still cursed by the Babe...we thought that one curse (Ruth) would be negated by the other curse (A-Rod) because 2 negatives = 1 positive.

I guess we didnt want to take that chance...but back to the matter at hand: The sky isnt falling in spite of what Garb and the Yankee skankees are saying.

Watching Jet/bosox scramble from topic to topic trying spin this as a negative for the Yankees is comical.

Face it...THE SOX ARE 1 & Done. You will be lucky to even sniff the playoff's this yr.

Yea...The Rangers designed his contract for his future with the Yankees.

Signing Damon isnt a negative (at least not this season and probably not next season...) for the Yankees. Offensively, of course. He'll score alot of runs with that lineup, no question. I just question whether you needed him or not. Capt. Overrated wasnt cutting the mustard as a leadoff hitter?

Defensively, it is very much a negative for the Yankees, worse than another year of Bernie! Geez, I used to watch Carl Crawford advance from 1st to 3rd (!!!) on a routine popfly to Damon in CF!

If I were the Yankees, I would (in all seriousness) stop assembling this massive payroll team of immovable parts while my pitching staff was in shambles. I know, its cool to watch homeruns and all...but if you cant get starters to get out of the 5th inning and if you dont have someone to get through the 7th and 8th innings to get to Mariano...you wont be winning anything of substance this year either!

Yankees Fans are like bugs. There is a rumor of a dead body - so they line up and wait for that smell of decay. Once thet happens, they converge on the body - eat and lay eggs - only to die in their own decadence. Yup - Yankees Fans.... :shock:

The Yankees dont scare me...they have no pitching and they will not win anything of substance for a sixth consecutive year.

In fact, the 1980s are back in full effect in NY.

Randy Johnson

Mike Pussina

Shawn Chacon

Aaron Small

Chen Mein Wang

Carl Pavano

Jaret Wright (not that he's expected to do anything)

I'd sy theres a chance 2 of these guys have good seasons, which is all it takes with such a lethal line-up that will provide lots of runs

Yankees Fans are like bugs. There is a rumor of a dead body - so they line up and wait for that smell of decay. Once thet happens, they converge on the body - eat and lay eggs - only to die in their own decadence. Yup - Yankees Fans.... :shock:

The redsox died last yr...I guess nobody told sox fans about the funeral.

The Yankees dont scare me...they have no pitching and they will not win anything of substance for a sixth consecutive year.

In fact, the 1980s are back in full effect in NY.

The Yankees will do quite well in 2006. And compared to the .500 team in Boston, they will do amazingly well.

Archived