Rex needs to change the emphasis from "Get To The Ball" to "Tackle The Guy With The Ball"

NJ

No doubt the D is still slow, but for us to have a prayer these guys have to tackle and stick people. All of Rex's "get to the ball" mantra is good stuff - but not at the sacrifice of popping people. I'd prefer "Dislodge The Ball From The Person In Possession Of It" but not at the sacrifice of missing the tackle.  

I dont get how this defense plays so sh!!ty and yet Rex gets credit for being a defensive mastermind.

Perfect case of reputation not squaring up with reality.

This could be a 3 win team with Snachez giving 6 the other way each week and this defense getting gassed by half time.

No doubt the D is still slow, but for us to have a prayer these guys have to tackle and stick people. All of Rex's "get to the ball" mantra is good stuff - but not at the sacrifice of popping people. I'd prefer "Dislodge The Ball From The Person In Possession Of It" but not at the sacrifice of missing the tackle.  

That will never happen with Rex around. He caters to underachievers, in fact, they are his faves. BARF Scott, Eric Smith, David Harris were all allergic to tackling yet Rex trotted them back out there series after series. For the Jets to get better Rex Ryan has got to be shown the exit door.

Beli's only going to watch the Jags first possession then shut the tape off. And spend the rest of the day lamenting he got rid of Woodhead.

Yep...throw the ball on #27 and run the ball at #97.  BTW...where is the pass rush?

I dont get how this defense plays so sh!!ty and yet Rex gets credit for being a defensive mastermind.

the D missed tackles in 1st half, clamped it down in the 2nd half and won by double digits. It's true they started slow but much better in 2nd half. the 2nd team D played real hard. Rex chewed em out at half time. We could make the case he needs to chew them out before the game but it's a little early for that. 

the D missed tackles in 1st half, clamped it down in the 2nd half and won by double digits. It's true they started slow but much better in 2nd half. the 2nd team D played real hard. Rex chewed em out at half time. We could make the case he needs to chew them out before the game but it's a little early for that. 

The guys who made tackles after halftime were different guys than the ones who missed the tackles before halftime, no?

He may have chewed out the starters, but they weren't playing (or weren't playing much) after he chewed them out anyway.

The guys who made tackles after halftime were different guys than the ones who missed the tackles before halftime, no?

He may have chewed out the starters, but they weren't playing (or weren't playing much) after he chewed them out anyway.

I was going to try and make these points earlier as they are uber valid.

Archived