Leon Washington On Bubble In NE-Should Jets Make Offer?

kelticwizard

Watching the Giants-Pats game last night-we didn't the Jets game or replay despite having SNY-and the New England announcers made clear that Leon is on the bubble.

I saw Leon return a couple of kicks and he sure looks like the old Leon.

If he gets cut I think other teams will be sure to jump.  As long as he's on the bubble why not make a small offer for him?  If they're seriously thinking of letting him go anyway......

This way he ends up with us and not someone else.

Watching the Giants-Pats game last night-we didn't the Jets game or replay despite having SNY-and the New England announcers made clear that Leon is on the bubble.

I saw Leon return a couple of kicks and he sure looks like the old Leon.

If he gets cut I think other teams will be sure to jump.  As long as he's on the bubble why not make a small offer for him?  If they're seriously thinking of letting him go anyway......

This way he ends up with us and not someone else.

They would never trade him to us anyway.  I always liked Leon and hated to see him go when he left.  If he comes free and the Jets like, they can put in a claim on him. It pains me to say it, but at his age, and with the way this season probably is gonna go, I don't really see the point.

Washington just released, I still think he can help in both return and running game.. Get him

I agree with the others... that ship has sailed. Leon might have something left but with Clyde Gates looking good maybe even great at KR and Powell and Ivory showing a nice 1 - 2 punch... I don't think we need help in the running game or special teams unless Adrian Peterson or Darren Sproles gets cut.

I agree with the others... that ship has sailed. Leon might have something left but with Clyde Gates looking good maybe even great at KR and Powell and Ivory showing a nice 1 - 2 punch... I don't think we need help in the running game or special teams unless Adrian Peterson or Darren Sproles gets cut.

Only reason I would be slightly interested is speed. We are thin at wr, so using Gates could be risky. He hasn't shown to be durable. And Powell and Ivory aren't speed demons.

Archived