did anyone besides martin, jackson, or williams touch the ball today

ylekram

Freeman is a terrible QB and the coaching staff isn't all that impressive.   Glad the Jets beat them.  I just found it funny all offseason people were making it out like the Bucs were the next contender cause of getting Revis and others.   The Bucs were a crap team last year and Freeman wasn't a good QB.   THey do have a good receiving core, but they have a QB who can't get the ball to open receives half the time.

Freeman is a terrible QB and the coaching staff isn't all that impressive.   Glad the Jets beat them.  I just found it funny all offseason people were making it out like the Bucs were the next contender cause of getting Revis and others.   The Bucs were a crap team last year and Freeman wasn't a good QB.   THey do have a good receiving core, but they have a QB who can't get the ball to open receives half the time.

Freeman makes me appreciate Sanchez. 

I think if we drafted Freeman instead of Sanchez we probably would have won a Super Bowl in either 2009 or 2010.

Thats pretty crazy talk. I know we were close, and had Pittsburgh on the ropes, but damn. Freeman, lead us to the promised land? I just can't buy into that. now if we had Brett the Pervert Favre...

Tampa is a garbage team with a solid D. Thats it. I am not surprised. Martin sucks. Williams, decent. Jackson looked scared to go over the middle. 

Their run defense is legit,  Revis is revis and Dashon is going to put half the WR's in the league on IR. Their passing offense is in deep sh*t but their running game will be fine. They played the Jets. You're not going to run on the Jets. 

Check out his 2010 and tell me the Jets wouldn't have won with him at the helm.

I doubt it.   Sanchez was a guy who wasn't supposed to win you games, just make sure you didn't lose them and the defense kept you in games.  Freeman had good stats that year, but the team still missed the playoffs and both have sucked ever since anyway.   It wasn't like Sanchez was the butt fumble guy in 2010.  Hell, that Patriots playoff game I doubt freeman would have had a better game.

Been okay to me. Never felts like the jets had a defense that you could simply run all over.

Last season we did.  We allowed 120+ yards on the ground in 10 of our 16 games last year and gave up 13 rushing TD's.  And those numbers don't include the totals accumulated by non-RB's on the ground (Kaepernick's run TD, for instance). 

Well, todays performance didnt surprise me. let me put it that way. 

A residue of our past successes but not a reflection of reality.  It should be considered very impressive, and a sign of growth, that we held Martin (1,454 yds last year) to 24/65/1.  Not a "ho-hum, we've done this before" kind of deal.  Our front 7 has been re-tooled and looks great, and we have a nice combination of size (Harris, Pace), speed (Barnes) and a little of both (Davis) to our LB corps.

Can't wait to get Coples back too.  Holy sh**.

Archived