Richardson vs. Revis

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.  A healthy Vincent Jackson is equivalent to a Santonio Holmes who is coming off of an injury and hasn't played football in over 11 months.

why does this thread disparage Santonio Holmes but makes no mention that Sheldon got his stats against Gabe Carimi, starting for an injured Carl Nicks? 

Eric Smith used his brains.  He sucked.

Revis is a tremendous athlete.

You're wrong.  Again.

Eric Smith actually was a good athlete (for a safety). Vert over 40" and ran in the 4.5 range. He was often playing hurt. 

Revis is a tremendous athlete in the sense that an NBA point guard is a tremendous athlete. BUt he'd get smoked in a sprint against Cro or Stephen Hill. 

why does this thread disparage Santonio Holmes but makes no mention that Sheldon got his stats against Gabe Carimi, starting for an injured Carl Nicks? 

Why do you ignore the fact that this question has already been answered numerous times by multiple posters?  Once again, you are the only one here who is baselessly using a player's (Revis) performance against one unhealthy, out-of-practice player (Holmes) as a means to determine that he would perform identically against another healthy and overall superior player (Jackson).  When you find someone claiming that Richardson's performance on Sunday makes him a lock to post the same exact stats against a Pro Bowl OL, then you can feel free to make this point to that person.  Of course, such a person doesn't exist, but you don't want a little thing like truth to get in your way, right?

Eric Smith actually was a good athlete (for a safety). Vert over 40" and ran in the 4.5 range. He was often playing hurt. 

Revis is a tremendous athlete in the sense that an NBA point guard is a tremendous athlete. BUt he'd get smoked in a sprint against Cro or Stephen Hill. 

A sprint is now what makes someone a tremendous athlete?

lol

And Eric Smith ran in the 4.5 range maybe if you're rounding to the nearest half-second.  And he ran that in gym shorts.  On the field he was slow and easily juked.  Another one of your favorite players who sucked.

lol

And Eric Smith ran in the 4.5 range maybe if you're rounding to the nearest half-second.  And he ran that in gym shorts.  On the field he was slow and easily juked.  Another one of your favorite players who sucked.

Hey, just as long as he only had to run in a straight line without anybody else near him, he totally wouldn't trip and fall.  What an amazing talent!

lol

Me thinks it was a 38 yd dash, but everyone told Smith it was 40 to make him feel good.

So you'd prob have to add in a couple of the FAs signed which wouldn't have been if Revis stayed. Landry, Colon and Barnes etc.

why pick the hits? why not pick the misses like Garrard, Peterman and Garay? (Goodson etc). 

for the record I don't think the Jets keeping Revis at 16 mil per every year was the right move. that was a ludicrous contract, for anyone except the Bucs.

I just don't agree with those who say Richardson > Revis straight up. Not talking about cap hits or relative ages... Revis is a 4x All Pro and Richardson is a rookie.  WE can be Jets fans and support the team but Revis is still Revis, just cause he's not a Jet anymore doesn't make him trash. Cro on the other hand is a Jet and played like trash last week. 

why pick the hits? why not pick the misses like Garrard, Peterman and Garay? (Goodson etc).

for the record I don't think the Jets keeping Revis at 16 mil per every year was the right move. that was a ludicrous contract, for anyone except the Bucs.

I just don't agree with those who say Richardson > Revis straight up. Not talking about cap hits or relative ages... Revis is a 4x All Pro and Richardson is a rookie. WE can be Jets fans and support the team but Revis is still Revis, just cause he's not a Jet anymore doesn't make him trash. Cro on the other hand is a Jet and played like trash last week.

As I stated it's really Milliner plus cap vs Revis. Richardson would probably have been the pick at 9 then. I wasn't purposely trying to sway the argument one way or the other with the FAs. The 14M difference probably includes almost all of them...good and bad.

As I stated it's really Milliner plus cap vs Revis. Richardson would probably have been the pick at 9 then. I wasn't purposely trying to sway the argument one way or the other with the FAs. The 14M difference probably includes almost all of them...good and bad.

keep in mind that Revis still hits this year's cap for a big chunk. It's not 14 mil gain in 2013. Trading him freed up next year cap for sure but i believe there's a big Revis sized dead money spot for his trade. Jason's site would have more info. 

I just don't agree with those who say Richardson > Revis straight up. Not talking about cap hits or relative ages... Revis is a 4x All Pro and Richardson is a rookie. WE can be Jets fans and support the team but Revis is still Revis, just cause he's not a Jet anymore doesn't make him trash. Cro on the other hand is a Jet and played like trash last week.

You really need to bear in mind, which you seem to keep forgetting, is that Revis would have counted $19 million against our cap. Outside of a franchise QB, there's no single player worth that.

Because I've watched the coaches film and Richardson lined up all over the line, and did equally well against Davin Joseph?

No, that can't be why.  You tell me.

keep in mind that Revis still hits this year's cap for a big chunk. It's not 14 mil gain in 2013. Trading him freed up next year cap for sure but i believe there's a big Revis sized dead money spot for his trade. Jason's site would have more info.

Revis is still hitting 14M in Jets cap this year?

For those late to the party, the readers digest version:   Two Ford GT40s >> One Ferrari     =     Two Cromarties >> Revis + JAG     =     Richardson + $14.5 million cap >> Revis.  It's simple really.  Also, Revis isn't an elite athlete, but Eric Smith is close, Cro is worse than Wilson and apparently it only takes 4 minutes to evaluate a players ability for the remainder of a season.  

True enough...although ill maintain its Milliner and cap space, not Richardson....via future years.

I don't know if that's true, though.  Wilson was not viewed that highly by the team and Cromartie is going to be either a cap casualty or extended next year.  Plus they could have still traded Revis after the draft.  Hell, they could have traded Cromartie after drafting Milliner (and probably would have) if they kept Revis. 

Revis = FA in 2014

Cromartie = $14M cap hit in 2014 with $9M new money after he restructured, then he's a FA in 2015 if the team miraculously kept him at that 2014 number.

Milliner = the top guy on their draft board, at a premiere position, and cheap

I think more likely than not, they still would have drafted Milliner at #9.  If the team was drafting based on need then Richardson wouldn't have been drafted at #13 where we took him.

Archived