What Happens When Geno Is Comfortable Under Center?

kelticwizard

One of the frequently mentioned points this summer about Geno is that he never took snaps under center in college, but Marty runs a West Coast Offense which requires most snaps be taken there.

Geno took all his snaps from the  shotgun, doubtless because he is not yet comfortable taking snaps from the center.  That means that Mornhinweg ran a swiftly improvised version of his offense to accommodate Geno's present day deficiency in that area.

Well, you saw how Geno looked even under that circumstance.

Thing is, Geno is going to get comfortable taking snaps from the center sometime this season.  When he does, he will be able to run Mornhinweg's normal,  unadulterated offense instead of the bowdlerized version he did this week.

How good will Geno be then?

My biggest issue is when he is under center, they seem to run a lot.  I think that plays into the defenses hands a little.  Oh, he's under center, let's key on the run.  I know Schotty used to run a high % out of one formation and it was so predictable.  Hopefully MM changes this so it's not so predictable.

velociraptor-riding-a-shark.jpg

This good.  This ******* good.

Meh, the flame on the dynamite will eventually get put out by the water, the Velociraptor only has 3 fingers so he's going to be about as accurate with the gun as Mark Sanchez, plus they have terrible eye site.  And besides, he cant hold his breath under water as long as the shark, so its really an ineffective tandem.  

sorry

Meh, the flame on the dynamite will eventually get put out by the water, the Velociraptor only has 3 fingers so he's going to be about as accurate with the gun as Mark Sanchez, plus they have terrible eye site.  And besides, he cant hold his breath under water as long as the shark, so its really an ineffective tandem.  

sorry

do better

sorry

<3

pwnage

mavin-2411105.jpg

Meh, the flame on the dynamite will eventually get put out by the water,

Waterproof wicks are available at any hobby store.  Bomb is of the surface-to-air variety:  When the dinosaur surfaces the wick is lit by hot air and methane emerging from dinosaur's anus.

the Velociraptor only has 3 fingers so he's going to be about as accurate with the gun as Mark Sanchez, plus they have terrible eye site.

Get with the times.  Physical disability is no barrier to accuracy.  Shooting competitions for disabled veterans have been going on for years,  and the marksmanship is extraordinary. 

http://www.dvidshub.net/news/106872/marines-shoot-success-during-2013-warrior-games#.Ui5hIH8klhc

And besides, he cant hold his breath under water as long as the shark, so its really an ineffective tandem.

Dinosaurs were reptiles, and some present day reptiles can breathe underwater quite nicely through their tongue.  No evidence exists that dinosaurs, as reptiles, couldn't do likewise.

'super tongue' lets reptile survive underwater

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8693000/8693794.stm

One of the frequently mentioned points this summer about Geno is that he never took snaps under center in college, but Marty runs a West Coast Offense which requires most snaps be taken there.

Geno took all his snaps from the  shotgun, doubtless because he is not yet comfortable taking snaps from the center.  That means that Mornhinweg ran a swiftly improvised version of his offense to accommodate Geno's present day deficiency in that area.

Well, you saw how Geno looked even under that circumstance.

Thing is, Geno is going to get comfortable taking snaps from the center sometime this season.  When he does, he will be able to run Mornhinweg's normal,  unadulterated offense instead of the bowdlerized version he did this week.

How good will Geno be then?

I could care less where he takes the snap from, that is why the pistol formation is being used much more in the NFL, and here with the Jets so you can run the same plays from a shotgun formation as if you were under center. 

The real question is how good will Geno Smith be IF/when he gets comfortable with the speed of the NFL, and comfortable reading defenses, and comfortable moving defenders with his eyes, and a good relationship with his WR's, and........ ?  I think you get my point.

Another thing about Geno - his style of play will allow him longevity in his career. I say this because I just saw some highlights of RG3, and the man's knees are already wobbling. Because Geno isn't a run first qb, he hopefully won't take the punishment that the Vicks and RG3's take, which is good for his career, and good for us, if he becomes a star.

Dinosaurs were reptiles, and some present day reptiles can breathe underwater quite nicely through their tongue.  No evidence exists that dinosaurs, as reptiles, couldn't do likewise.

Dinosaurs were birds, get with the program.

Archived