In case you forgot....

slats

Practically EVERY throw?  Were we watching the same game?

I don't know, what game were you watching?

I saw a QB in green holding the ball way too long and frequently throwing behind his receivers. What did your game look like?

ill give another "In case you forgot" 

In case you forgot the Jets were 12.5 point road dogs doing into last night and had no business making it as close as they did. We are all sad they lost but personally Im proud they didn't embarass us all on National Tv (again). 

Agreed.  Wish we could have that 4th Quarter back though.  Even if we lost, definitely not a lot to be thrilled about at the end of the game.

I don't know, what game were you watching?

I saw a QB in green holding the ball way too long and frequently throwing behind his receivers. What did your game look like?

I saw a lot of pretty throws, especially in the short passing game.  It's nice to have a guy who can lead a receiver.  I also saw a lot of passes put where only his receiver could catch it, and then were subsequently dropped.  I came away impressed.  He has a lot of room for improvement but the potential is there for the kid to end up at least a league average QB.

This is essentially a throw away year.

This is the year that new GM John Idzik is using to clear bad contracts off the books, and take a long look at the players he hopes to keep. The young receivers look bad? This isn't a surprise. But it's far better for the team to let those WRs play and improve -or not- than to sit them (or cut them) this year in favor of perennial fan fave Braylon Edwards. Why? Because they'll know they have to replace Braylon next year no matter what, but there's always the possibility that guys like Hill, Gates, and Spadola can show improvement, and justify their roster spots in 2014.

This season should be all about developing young players, and figuring out who isn't developing and needs to be replaced next season. Benching Hill does nothing for the team going forward, continuing to start him, though, could yield benefits. At worst, you know at the end of the season that a large investment is needed at WR next year - which is the same boat they'd be in if they brought in Braylon to start. But at best, the kid might actually develop. By all accounts, he's an athletically gifted Boy Scout. The Jets have an opportunity to give him a very long look, and that's exactly what they should be doing.

Same goes for any other trouble spot on the team. The young CBs, guards, LBs, QB all just need to play. The goal of this season should be to identify what they need to do with all their cap space and draft picks next year. Wins would be nice, but they're really secondary at this point.

This is essentially a throw away year.

This is the year that new GM John Idzik is using to clear bad contracts off the books, and take a long look at the players he hopes to keep. The young receivers look bad? This isn't a surprise. But it's far better for the team to let those WRs play and improve -or not- than to sit them (or cut them) this year in favor of perennial fan fave Braylon Edwards. Why? Because they'll know they have to replace Braylon next year no matter what, but there's always the possibility that guys like Hill, Gates, and Spadola can show improvement, and justify their roster spots in 2014.

This season should be all about developing young players, and figuring out who isn't developing and needs to be replaced next season. Benching Hill does nothing for the team going forward, continuing to start him, though, could yield benefits. At worst, you know at the end of the season that a large investment is needed at WR next year - which is the same boat they'd be in if they brought in Braylon to start. But at best, the kid might actually develop. By all accounts, he's an athletically gifted Boy Scout. The Jets have an opportunity to give him a very long look, and that's exactly what they should be doing.

Same goes for any other trouble spot on the team. The young CBs, guards, LBs, QB all just need to play. The goal of this season should be to identify what they need to do with all their cap space and draft picks next year. Wins would be nice, but they're really secondary at this point.

Hill has been getting open, at least.  I hold out little hope for Gates.  i would not mind a replacement (youngish) there.  But not Braylon. Braylon is so over.

Archived