PLEASE let this replace the buttfumble

Jetsfan80

The Buttfumble is a classic. A work of art. It cannot be replaced or retired.

If Sanchez merely fell down and that was the end, with no turnover, then it wouldn't have garnered half the attention it got.  A good amount of the reason The Buttfumble is irreplaceable is the fumble part and then the team's arch rival picking it up and running it in for a TD on Thanksgiving with tens of millions of people watching.  It was one of God's perfect accidents.  

This one is a damn fine effort.  It gets the ass-to-mouth part right, but it's more like just a regular blooper.  It lacks any significance of consequence in the game, the significance OF the game itself, and tens of millions of people weren't watching this in real time.  Everyone remembers where they were and who they were with when they watched The Buttfumble, and they will for the rest of their lives.  Further, when I opened this thread I was EXPECTING an ass-to-mouth sports clip, or at least something as similarly humiliating for someone, so it lacks the element of surprise.  

In 20 years & beyond, 10x more people will remember Mark Sanchez for The Buttfumble than will remember him for being a below-average Jets QB.

the thing i don't get about this is that the guy was well below the second basemans ass initially. it's like he looked up and saw the ass coming and was like...."OH YEAH" and then lifted his face up so he could get a mouthful of ass

you would think the instinctual reaction would be to duck even further

he didnt try to turn away or anything....matter of fact he adjusted the angle of his face for maximum ass to face contact surface

Archived