Woody, Team Execs Do Push Ups at practice

flgreen

Woody, team execs do push-ups at practice

September, 25, 2013

Sep 25

4:31

PM ET

By  Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets are serious about this penalty-prevention thing.

The three highest ranking members of the organization -- owner Woody Johnson, president Neil Glat and general manager John Idzik -- hit the ground Wednesday, banging out 30 push-ups apiece because of three penalties that occurred in practice.

It's Rex Ryan's new edict: Ten push-ups for every penalty. It's mandatory for players and coaches -- except the offending player, who has to watch the others pay for his mistake. Ryan, in a show of unity, challenged every member of the organization to participate. Setting an example, The Big Three followed through. It didn't happen during the 30-minute period open to the media. During that window, Johnson -- the billionaire boss -- was seen wearing a blue blazer and dress slacks.

This, of course, was in response to the Jets' 20-penalty debacle in Sunday's win over the Bills.

"Obviously, we're 32nd in the league, probably closer to 33rd, if that's possible," Ryan said. "It's just not us. It's not who we are, so we're trying to fix it. And we will fix it."

The Jets had the fourth fewest number of penalties last season.

Another nail in Rex's coffin.

I don't know about that. It seems to me that if he was a lame duck the owner and GM would not be entertaining such a directive.  It just doesn[t seem like they would be all that interested in playing along with a guy who was a sure goner. Especially for such a thing as getting on the ground and giving him 30. 

I take this as more of an act of solidarity.

I don't know about that. It seems to me that if he was a lame duck the owner and GM would not be entertaining such a directive.  It just doesn[t seem like they would be all that interested in playing along with a guy who was a sure goner. Especially for such a thing as getting on the ground and giving him 30. 

I take this as more of an act of solidarity.

Me too. Just being a dick.  LOL

what about the knicks approach ?

if they have less than 7 penalties in a game, rex and the execs run a mile

Speaking of, they just signed Cole Aldrich: it'd be really nice if one of this big bodies makes the team, especially considering how injury prone our bigs are with Kmart, STAT, Bargnani etc.  I'm actually pretty damned excited about the season to be honest.

The three highest ranking members of the organization -- owner Woody Johnson, president Neil Glat and general manager John Idzik -- hit the ground Wednesday, banging out 30 push-ups apiece because of three penalties that occurred in practice.

This gave me a hard on.

What does Idzik loving Rex so much that he's doing push-ups with the team do for you penis?

Archived