Blow up the secondary

MexiRoll6

these are not two separate conversations. if fans knew in the spring time that Cro would be this done, would everyone still be so happy to trade Revis? in fact all we heard last spring was how Cro was awesome and they didn't need Revis.

The Jets WERE NOT keeping Revis, PERIOD. If you could not read those tea leaves, you are not looking.

Now, the diminishment of Cromartie, and if teh Jets knew that would happen, I am not sure how they would have approached things differently. That is conjecture.

Revis leaving was always a given-that was a directive from Woody himself, it seems.

Considering how bad the secondary is looking, is there any chance we abandon the man-to-man coverage which frees up other players to blitz, etc, and go to the zone?

The whole idea of playing man is that you have great corners who can handle people one-on-one.  Well, we don't seem to have those players, or those players are in a major slump, or something.  Why not go to zone?  Our dline is pretty great regardless of what we do.

Considering how bad the secondary is looking, is there any chance we abandon the man-to-man coverage which frees up other players to blitz, etc, and go to the zone?

The whole idea of playing man is that you have great corners who can handle people one-on-one.  Well, we don't seem to have those players, or those players are in a major slump, or something.  Why not go to zone?  Our dline is pretty great regardless of what we do.

this is like asking the lion to eat veggies instead. The D is actually fine. The problem is the O doesn't score any points or get any first downs until garbage time. That's a way bigger problem than the secondary.

Dee Milliner does not seem to have the instincts of an NFL CB...maybe a college CB.....but thats about it.  Have Reed mentor this kid into the safety position before he just considered a damn bust and forgotten about.  He plays big for his size and I can see him being a big playmaker if he can transition to the "center fielder" role rather than be left man to man with a WR. 

I would imagine they will be doing some things in the secondary next year.  Cro looks awful and is set to make a bunch of money.  He's gone or restructing way down.  They will have some of that money to throw at a bonafide corner. Landry doesn't seem so hot, so they certainly should look to upgrade at S too.  Everybody hates to hear it, but they guys that will be back are Milliner and WIlson. 

I would imagine they will be doing some things in the secondary next year.  Cro looks awful and is set to make a bunch of money.  He's gone or restructing way down.  They will have some of that money to throw at a bonafide corner. Landry doesn't seem so hot, so they certainly should look to upgrade at S too.  Everybody hates to hear it, but they guys that will be back are Milliner and WIlson. 

Cro returns at a reduced rate they may move Milliner to Safety.

Rex just said on the Kay show that the three long completions were against three different defenses. He defended Milliner, saying that the ball got caught up in the wind and took a weird path (though Milliner got caught peeking at the QB in man). He implied Cro used bad technique on his TD.

Rex just said on the Kay show that the three long completions were against three different defenses. He defended Milliner, saying that the ball got caught up in the wind and took a weird path (though Milliner got caught peeking at the QB in man). He implied Cro used bad technique on his TD.

I can actually buy the wind thing, Santonio was doing the same thing to their corner. Dee Milliner is going thru rookie pains but he's got world class athleticism. Fastest Jet? 

meanwhile Cro got used and he's looking more and more like salary cap casualty. Idzik was never going to give Cro another dime anyway this just makes it official. I don't blame Idzik by the way, extending/re-working Cro would be burning money. 

I can actually buy the wind thing, Santonio was doing the same thing to their corner. Dee Milliner is going thru rookie pains but he's got world class athleticism. Fastest Jet?

meanwhile Cro got used and he's looking more and more like salary cap casualty. Idzik was never going to give Cro another dime anyway this just makes it official. I don't blame Idzik by the way, extending/re-working Cro would be burning money.

With how depressed cornerback salaries have been recently, you wonder if Cro is going to even get more than a 1 yr/$5 mil deal anywhere. If you can get him for 2yr/$9 mil, the Jets should keep him and hope he's just banged up.

Archived