The 2nd AFC wildcard is like the NFC East

stoicsentry

In that the winner will probably be 8-8. How weird.

But think about it for a second. Here is the picture for the 6th spot:

1. Jets/Dolphins, tied at 5-5. (Jets currently have the tiebreaker)

2. 6 way tie between Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and San Diego at 4-6.

Does anyone see the Jets OR the Dolphins going 4-2 or better over their last 6? Doubt it.

Can anyone out of Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh or San Diego go 5-1 or better over their last 6? Also doubt it. Pitt, Baltimore and Cleveland will beat up on each other in the AFCN with remaining division games. San Diego still has 2 games against KC and 1 game against Denver to go. Oakland sucks, let's be honest. Tennessee is not going 5-1 with Fitzpatrick under center.

So the winner of the 6 spot, IMO, will be 8-8. The good news is if the Jets somehow pull a rabbit out of their hat and go 4-2, I bet you they make it. The bad news is that if it comes down to 8-8 as I expect, then the Jets are probably going to lose out on the tiebreakers against pretty much anyone.

2. 6 way tie between Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and San Diego at 4-6.

Does anyone see the Jets OR the Dolphins going 4-2 or better over their last 6? Doubt it.

Can anyone out of Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh or San Diego go 5-1 or better over their last 6? Also doubt it. Pitt, Baltimore and Cleveland will beat up on each other in the AFCN with remaining division games. San Diego still has 2 games against KC and 1 game against Denver to go. Oakland sucks, let's be honest. Tennessee is not going 5-1 with Fitzpatrick under center.

So the winner of the 6 spot, IMO, will be 8-8. The good news is if the Jets somehow pull a rabbit out of their hat and go 4-2, I bet you they make it. The bad news is that if it comes down to 8-8 as I expect, then the Jets are probably going to lose out on the tiebreakers against pretty much anyone.

Who is gonna finish 3rd and host the 6 seed in the first round?

Flat out LOCK that the Jets get it if they go 4-2, but right now I would even accept 3-3 and 8-8 and take my chances with the tiebreakers, cause 8-8 with this pathetic array of teams is about all they can muster. Boy to pick one that comes out of that bunch is like picking the least ugly girl at last call at the bar.

In reality, I will go with the winner of the Jets/Ravens game as the team that gets it. If the Jets can beat Baltimore on the road, then I think they have enough momentum to carry them (do I think they beat Baltimore? Absolutely not, but if they do?), and if the expected outcome of a Ravens win occurrs, then I think they get "hot" enough to squeak in.

Wow, what a sorry scenario.

Probably would be a better matchup than the Colts.

I agree and here's why. We can hope that Foxboro has a blizzard or monsoon to help slow down Brady, and turn this into a low scoring mudfest, but with INDY in that dome, it would be a track meet with LUCK killing our secondary. No way we could score enough in that dome to keep up with Luck.

I agree and here's why. We can hope that Foxboro has a blizzard or monsoon to help slow down Brady, and turn this into a low scoring mudfest, but with INDY in that dome, it would be a track meet with LUCK killing our secondary. No way we could score enough in that dome to keep up with Luck.

I actually like the Jets' recent history vs. the Colts in the playoffs.

So the winner of the 6 spot, IMO, will be 8-8. The good news is if the Jets somehow pull a rabbit out of their hat and go 4-2, I bet you they make it. The bad news is that if it comes down to 8-8 as I expect, then the Jets are probably going to lose out on the tiebreakers against pretty much anyone

For anyone even CONSIDERING the Jets for a playoff spot, please call Dr. Phil immediately 'cause you crazy man. Jets will finish 7-9 AT BEST. They lose twice to the Fins (no brainer there) plus Ravens and have NO CHANCE against Carolina. They will beat either Oakland or Cleveland and maybe both, but  the best part of this season will be the press conference that announces Rex has been fired.

For anyone even CONSIDERING the Jets for a playoff spot, please call Dr. Phil immediately 'cause you crazy man. Jets will finish 7-9 AT BEST. They lose twice to the Fins (no brainer there) plus Ravens and have NO CHANCE against Carolina. They will beat either Oakland or Cleveland and maybe both, but  the best part of this season will be the press conference that announces Rex has been fired.

Wrong. Best thing that will happen is when the Jets announce that Ryan has had his contract extended and the inevitable Superbowl that will result from that.

Archived