Rex's offensive input

77DRAFT

No, I think it's entirely probable that the only position this team has drafted well for five years is defensive end.

Demario Davis is pretty good, Antonio Allen will be a good player. Kerley and Austin Howard are pretty good. My point isn't that Rex is great or even deserves an extension. I just don't trust this GM anymore than I do Rex after the offseason he just put together. 

Demario Davis is pretty good, Antonio Allen will be a good player. Kerley and Austin Howard are pretty good. My point isn't that Rex is great or even deserves an extension. I just don't trust this GM anymore than I do Rex after the offseason he just put together.

That's fine, but when the first round corner you just drafted plays a lot like the last first round corner you drafted, and the starting quarterback you just drafted plays a lot like the last starting quarterback you drafted, you have to wonder what's happening with these players once they come into your program.

That's fine, but when the first round corner you just drafted plays a lot like the last first round corner you drafted, and the starting quarterback you just drafted plays a lot like the last starting quarterback you drafted, you have to wonder what's happening with these players once they come into your program.

You can't deny Rex's corners lead the league in swagger

And it's amusing already to watch Jets fans start to make that heel-turn toward blaming Marty now. It's early yet, and quiet, but you can see that developing as we speak. Poor Rex. Saddled with inept coordinators and players every time out. Change the GM, but the GM is still bad! Change the quarterback, but the quarterback is still bad! Change the offensive coordinator for a third time, but the offense is still bad! Good thing there's no common denominator or something.

its nor rex's fault that geno smith is garbage

the coaching staff doesn't draw up plays that end in pick 6's or strip sacks on the 5 yard line. that's on the players.

Absolutely .... Brian Schottenheimer hardly, rarely, almost never, cept for the few hundred times he did, design and call a play that had 2 to 3 receivers end their routes within a few yards of each other.

Wasn't Brian's fault that his QB had a little less than pin point accuracy.  

Absolutely .... Brian Schottenheimer hardly, rarely, almost never, cept for the few hundred times he did, design and call a play that had 2 to 3 relievers end their routes within a few yards of each other.

Wasn't Brian's fault that his QB had a little less than pin point accuracy.  

the big secret is that all of these offenses are the same. Some use slightly different looks or philosophy but every NFL playbook is a ripoff combo 1/2 Bill walsh 1/2 Don Coryell. The lines all run zone or man run blocking usually a mix. When people clamor for an offensive coach it's like what's the big difference? These guys are as good or as bad as their players.  Give Sean Payton Geno smith and see what kind of genius he is.

history will show that schotty is a competent OC. He runs an NFL caliber playbook. At one point the Jets were 13th in offense believe it or not. He had some pre-snap motions that made people crazy but it's a flavor of the same offense every team runs.

Tony Sparano did not even have a basic level of competency. Last year's team did not have a functioning offense and Sparano was overmatched in that job.  

Marty is better than both of em but the basic NFL offense is all about quick decisions and good throws. defenses really do have different personnel and plays, no one ever says we can't use this WR in our offense but they do say we can't use this DL/LB/CB in our defense. Rex as a 3-4 coach given the 46 secrets by his father is a rare commodity than the next best offensive head coach, whoever that is... 

I will say that Chip Kelly is the closest thing to a rare bird on the offensive side but he, like every other OC/HC type needs a quality QB to execute his plays. 

So, in short, all offensive coordinators are the same, except Sparano, who was overmatched, Schottenheimer, who was good, and Mornhinweg, who's the best of the three.

cant consider Sparano an OC cause he was a line coach who got peter principled and is currently a line coach.

Out of the two OC's in that statement I like Marty's pass heavy approach more than Schotty's but we are splitting hairs.   OCs are more or less interchangeable and they rotate around teams. Andy Reid for example (who worked with Marty, who worked with Bill Walsh etc). 

But there have been players who have performed better after coming to the Jets. Its hard to find one that has performed worse. Who's brilliant idea was it to draft a CB with 6 surgeries and a QB who is stupid, a bad leader and has never taken a snap from under center? Oh and btw, that same QB was asked to start immediately in the west coast offense. Its laughable.

the big secret is that all of these offenses are the same. Some use slightly different looks or philosophy but every NFL playbook is a ripoff combo 1/2 Bill walsh 1/2 Don Coryell. The lines all run zone or man run blocking usually a mix. When people clamor for an offensive coach it's like what's the big difference? These guys are as good or as bad as their players.  Give Sean Payton Geno smith and see what kind of genius he is.

QFT

So when the Jets send Powell up the middle on 4th and one from the one

and leave Ivory on the bench, we should extend Rex, MM and the 49ers

will fire Harbaugh and hire the Schotty.

Glad to know all coordinators are interchangeable, I actually

thought that it was Belecheat/Wiess that one all those championships

up north, maybe we should promote Anthony Lynn to OC, I think he's the

guy calling plays from the booth, he loves Powell and is the biggest ground

and pound proponent in the NFL, we might even finish in the top 25 with

Lynn, no mis direction, almost no play action, no screens, no passes.

Rex ball.

Archived