Is it too much to ask for?

Jacked4JetsFB

SirLanceMehlot, you simply cannot argue logically with some of these Rex Lovers. They just don't see the forest for the trees. I for one think Rex's tenure is coming to an end hours after the Jets arrive back in NY from Miami. Rex IN NO WAY deserves to come back. He is moronic as most of his apologists. As a HC YOU are responsible for the way your team plays and the Jets have been beaten by 14 or more points in 10 games the last two years - that is a freakin lot of getting your a$$ handed to you, and the guy most responsible is Rex Ryan.

Rex's D made Billick, it wasn't his fault Brian couldn't handle the offensive side of things. I've read they regret not hiring Rex as the HC

Yeah the Ravens regret signing Rex over Harbaugh who has take the team to 3 AFC championships, been to the playoffs every year he's been head coach, and the team won a super bowl.    Rex.   He's going on 3 non winning seasons in a row, no division titles and no real hope that next year would be any better with him.

Normally I find the irrational hatred amusing but today its annoying. We had no business being in the game yet were until the 4th. The long drive after going down 30-13 showed some heart.

The team is devoid of playmakers and starting a raw rookie qb. There is no coach living or dead that can turn this group as presently constructed into sb contenders. Get real already.

When you stop and think about it, we basically won that game you guys

No we didn't basically win that game. I wish that Jets fans would (some of them) face the simple reality that we have a mediocre team at best. Yes we do have what amounts to a very dominant defensive line, but it ends right there. Why waste the talents of Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson and Snacks by not adding the rest of the pieces needed to truly be a dominant all around defense? 

We need a solid pass rushing OLB who can dominate and make the rest of the linebackers better just because he must be doubled every play. Think of what Coples could do if he had a monster coming off the other edge? Actually i'd prefer that Coples gets back to being in the full rotation of D linemen and was replaced by another true OLB along with the pass rushing monster I mentioned before. And while I'm at it we might as well get the MLB to take over for Harris in the next year or two. As far as the D backfield goes, well thats our biggest weak link and its not getting any better unless we make a solid commitment to add the free agents and draft the safeties we must have to take advantage of the pass rush. We suck on pass defense and lately (last couple of games) we aren't looking very good at defending runners either.

I'm only talking about our strong suit here, the side of the team that needs the least amount of work to reach the level of competing for a division title and getting into the playoffs consistently. And to make this defense that good will take 2 years of drafting and free agent pickups.

So what can we do about the offense? Not very much, but we must get Geno the wide outs that he needs to see if he can make this offense work or not. But adding bodies that can get open and make tough catches isn't quite enough, because if the O line isn't brought back up to the 2010-11 levels then we'll never know just what this offense can accomplish. Right now the line is so very inconsistent that week to week no one can make any predictions other than we won't be moving the ball very well.

Making Rex the focal point of attacks isn't going to change things unless Idzik decides that he must go, something that bothers me because I've always liked Rex, but as far as the Jets go from here on out I think we'd be better off by finally jettisoning him and moving forward with a clean slate. Rex IMO just doesn't quite see the whole picture and all the nuances of being a H.C. in todays NFL and this team sorely needs a H.C. who knows both sides of running the team. Problem for me is that unless we can bring in Cowher I don't see anyone currently available who can do much better than Rex at the moment. Gruden? oh no, not Chucky in N.Y. nor any of the rest of recently departed coaches especially Shanahan (who will be fired ASAP) or any of his offspring. I know I'm missing some strong candidates and want to see some suggestions as to who could come in and take control of this team along with Idzik and finally let us see growth every year instead of the merry go round we've suffered with for the last few decades. With the exception of Parcells the Jets always seem to be settling for second or third best option at H.C.. Why, is it because of Woody? Or just the Jets destiny to be forever cursed by less than competent coaching and a very poor group of talent evaluaters in our war room on draft day.

Well we won't know until next spring just how well Idzik is prepared to take this team forward, he has got to make the bold moves we need to improve our team and this coming draft and free agency period will be what defines his memory as the G.M. of the Jets going forward.

We have a good coach. No one knows if geno will be good yet. Calm down with the stupidty.

Your right no one knows Geno will be good because hes horrible. We have to draft a QB and I have no problem moving up if thats what needs to be done.

While I don't think any of our QB's have gotten a fair shake lately I don't see anything from Geno a good arm means nothing in the NFL if you can't use it properly. 

Stop.

This defense is stacked, this is Rex's direction, this is what he built.

He is a DC , nothing more.

It's time to trim the rest of the fat.

The defense is stacked on the DL and ILB thats about it. Allen shows promise in the secondary and the rest are garbage. Thats hardly stacked. This up coming draft the Jets need to get a QB, draft Offense and use the FA money wisely to fill some much needed holes in the secondary and possibly at WR. Dump Cormartie Wilson and Landry keep Ed Reed to help mentor young talent and before all this starts show Rex and his coaching staff the freakin door.

The defense is stacked on the DL and ILB thats about it. Allen shows promise in the secondary and the rest are garbage. Thats hardly stacked. This up coming draft the Jets need to get a QB, draft Offense and use the FA money wisely to fill some much needed holes in the secondary and possibly at WR. Dump Cormartie Wilson and Landry keep Ed Reed to help mentor young talent and before all this starts show Rex and his coaching staff the freakin door.

In the modern day, post salary cap era, this defense is pretty damn stacked. We don't have studs at all 11 positions, but it's really impossible. I also disagree about DL and ILB only. Coples is playing OLB and has been a monster since getting healthy, and Pace has been decent. Overall the front 7 is probably one of the top 2 or 3 front 7's in the league.

My  point is simply that for all the Rex apologists screaming about how bad the roster is, it's really not. It is a middle of the road 2013 roster. The problem is the talent is all on one side of the ball, and the other side of the ball is so God awful.

In addition constant coaching blunders like the idiotic punt coverage and leave your punter alone for a blocked kick kill this team.

It's not some miracle as Pac wanted to state that we were in that game. Carolina is a decent team, they are not a great team, and we actually match up well with them defensively  for the most part since they like to run the ball.

The modern NFL has a few great teams, a few horrid teams, and most of the rest is somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 type teams. Rex is not doing anything magical with this roster. He got lucky with 2 wins, had 2 good wins against NO and NE, although the NO win looks less impressive every time NO plays on the road, and they have had a bunch of horrible uncompetitive games.

Rex absolutely must be replaced, however, he probably won't be because our owner is an idiot moron, and much of our fanbase has beaten spouse syndrome and has made Rex out to be much better than he really is.

3 good DL doesn't mean the defense is stacked. It isn't even good. It's middle of the pack with a terrible secondary.

They have among the top 3 front 7's in football. The secondary is suffering from Rex insisting on putting guys on islands that are not capable of it. For all the defensive mastermind BS we have to hear, Rex is very slow to adjust his defense to his personnel.

In the modern day, post salary cap era, this defense is pretty damn stacked. We don't have studs at all 11 positions, but it's really impossible. I also disagree about DL and ILB only. Coples is playing OLB and has been a monster since getting healthy, and Pace has been decent. Overall the front 7 is probably one of the top 2 or 3 front 7's in the league.

My  point is simply that for all the Rex apologists screaming about how bad the roster is, it's really not. It is a middle of the road 2013 roster. The problem is the talent is all on one side of the ball, and the other side of the ball is so God awful.

In addition constant coaching blunders like the idiotic punt coverage and leave your punter alone for a blocked kick kill this team.

It's not some miracle as Pac wanted to state that we were in that game. Carolina is a decent team, they are not a great team, and we actually match up well with them defensively  for the most part since they like to run the ball.

The modern NFL has a few great teams, a few horrid teams, and most of the rest is somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 type teams. Rex is not doing anything magical with this roster. He got lucky with 2 wins, had 2 good wins against NO and NE, although the NO win looks less impressive every time NO plays on the road, and they have had a bunch of horrible uncompetitive games.

Rex absolutely must be replaced, however, he probably won't be because our owner is an idiot moron, and much of our fanbase has beaten spouse syndrome and has made Rex out to be much better than he really is.

Much of our fanbase has beaten spouse syndrome.  Thats priceless. My coffee just ended up my nose. If it was a little later, it would have been Coors Lite.

Rex's D made Billick, it wasn't his fault Brian couldn't handle the offensive side of things. I've read they regret not hiring Rex as the HC

If this is sarcastic, I will apologize in advance.

Rex was the Dline coach when Billick won the WB, Marvin Lewis was the DC. If anything Rex stepped into a great defense.

D line was the key to that team, the same way it is here. You know how many yards we give up a carry?

Im not sure what your point is.

I am saying that the team is not as void of talent as the Rex lovers will have you believe. I think the defense has tremendous talent. Mo, Richardson, Coples, are playing at all pro levels right now, and snacks, Davis, Harris and Pace are all solid NFL players. 

I don't think this is any great coaching job Rex is doing, in fact its quite the opposite. Take away the two gift wins and we are a 4 win team right now hoping for one of the QB's in the draft.

Im not sure what your point is.

I am saying that the team is not as void of talent as the Rex lovers will have you believe. I think the defense has tremendous talent. Mo, Richardson, Coples, are playing at all pro levels right now, and snacks, Davis, Harris and Pace are all solid NFL players.

I don't think this is any great coaching job Rex is doing, in fact its quite the opposite. Take away the two gift wins and we are a 4 win team right now hoping for one of the QB's in the draft.

I got so many good points it's scary. Rex haters are just too jelly to see through their irrational hate so it's left to me, JiF, Stoic and a few others to carry the torch of reason. It's exhausting

Enjoying the Jets imploding - rejoice

How did they implode?  They have a sh*tty roster and they played a top 5 team tough.  Imploding would have been getting hammered by the Raiders.  There will be plenty of time for that against the Dolphins and Browns, but I'm not sure they should be favored in either of those games and would not have been in the preseason.

Your right no one knows Geno will be good because hes horrible. We have to draft a QB and I have no problem moving up if thats what needs to be done.

While I don't think any of our QB's have gotten a fair shake lately I don't see anything from Geno a good arm means nothing in the NFL if you can't use it properly. 

Now you're ridiculously impatient too?  Last years crop of rookie QB's is not the norm. 

Do you really think it's reasonable to ask a 2nd rounder to come in and light the league on fire with this crop of receivers?  

This board is going nuts..  I feel like I'm being punked.

How did they implode?  They have a sh*tty roster and they played a top 5 team tough.  Imploding would have been getting hammered by the Raiders.  There will be plenty of time for that against the Dolphins and Browns, but I'm not sure they should be favored in either of those games and would not have been in the preseason.

No one had the Panthers winning that game yo..  Jets let them stick around for 4 quarters then lost to an inferior team.  IMPLOZIONZ!

They have among the top 3 front 7's in football. The secondary is suffering from Rex insisting on putting guys on islands that are not capable of it. For all the defensive mastermind BS we have to hear, Rex is very slow to adjust his defense to his personnel.

Agreed. The DL (not the LB's) is elite. But thats clearly not enough. 

Pac Geno is terrible. Have you watched Cousins ? Did he ever remotely resemble Geno ? Ive seen plenty of Rookie QB's play just fine so why do we have to settle for Horrible hoping it gets better ? I want Johnny Dammit he's a winner and I have a feeling he will always be one.

Archived