jets get it done when it doesnt matter

ylekram

Considering Milliner and Geno are going to be on the team for quite some time, I think this is exactly what you want to see out of our team this week. I don't have any actual numbers, but it's always been my philosophy that unless you're really competing for the first handful or so picks, losing is never a good thing. Outside of the elite half dozen players, the middle of the draft is usually fairly similar. Would I rather see us completely tank and land Sammy Watkins or have Geno go into the off-season showing continued development and land a Marqise Lee or Mike Evans? I'd much rather take the latter. 

If we were in the hunt for Andrew Luck or Jameis Winston, I'd agree, but since it's not, I'm gonna continue to root for a win and consistent play from our young guys.

Considering Milliner and Geno are going to be on the team for quite some time, I think this is exactly what you want to see out of our team this week. I don't have any actual numbers, but it's always been my philosophy that unless you're really competing for the first handful or so picks, losing is never a good thing. Outside of the elite half dozen players, the middle of the draft is usually fairly similar. Would I rather see us completely tank and land Sammy Watkins or have Geno go into the off-season showing continued development and land a Marqise Lee or Mike Evans? I'd much rather take the latter.

If we were in the hunt for Andrew Luck or Jameis Winston, I'd agree, but since it's not, I'm gonna continue to root for a win and consistent play from our young guys.

Y are those 2 be on the team for a long time? If they can't play they wont

Y are those 2 be on the team for a long time? If they can't play they wont

Three more years in the NFL is a long-time as far as I'm concerned, but maybe I used the words too liberally.  They will both be on the team for the remainder of their rookie-deal, because the value is there. Hypothetically speaking, we've already seen the worst that Milliner and Geno will play and yet it warranted being on the roster. As long as they continue to improve, which they haven't shown me any reason to think they won't, they will play out the remainder of their contract.  

This franchise has also shown an inability to cut top draft-picks when they under-perform, read: Vladamir Ducasse. Even if Milliner is relegated to 3rd string and Geno as a backup, you don't out-right cut them, at least it wouldn't seem to make much sense. 

You did it wrong.

You think I would actually waste time figuring out even the bastardized English 5/7/5 format.  Haiku doesn't work in any language other than Nihongo due to the lack of the required kigo and kireji.  So, I just did a quick cut & paste.

Archived