Jay Gruden to be new coach of Redskins

faba

New Orleans was fourth in scoring defense, tenth in scoring offense. Apparently, they're not all about offense, if that was the case, they wouldn't have been bounced last year when they were putrid.

New England was ten in scoring defense, hardly average.

Green Bay is no longer in the playoffs because they couldn't get a stop on d in the last two minutes of the game.

San Francisco is eleventh in scoring offense and third in scoring defense. Colin Kaepernick threw for 135 more yards than Geno Smith.

Indianapolis was ninth in scoring defense.

And what were the Bengals and Chiefs? 

Bevell is still coaching so he couldn't even interview yet. Gruden's team lost.

Coordinators can interview during bye weeks in the playoffs. In fact, Seattle's D-coordinator interviewed, and is supposedly a top candidate to land the Titans job. He can't be offered the job until the Seahawks are eliminated.

No one wants Bevell because he sucks.

Coordinators can interview during bye weeks in the playoffs. In fact, Seattle's D-coordinator interviewed, and is supposedly a top candidate to land the Titans job. He can't be offered the job until the Seahawks are eliminated.

No one wants Bevell because he sucks.

We won't really know that Bevell sucks until the Seahawks pass him over for Dave Fipp.

Other than the year, when Brady was hurt, and Parcells grabbed Pennington from us, to sling it in Miami, I would have to say every year other than that year since 1999? Parcells and the Jets won it in 98, and then the Cassell/Pennington year.

A simply amazing run, and I give them all the credit in the world, as it is so tough to maintain that type of streak over such a long period.

Pennington slinging it = introduction of the wildcat to the NFL.

"Balanced team" in the NFL is synonymous with Great Offense, and average defense. Even Baltimore last year went up tempo, high octane, Flacco slinging it all over to win their title.

Brady and NE are great offensively, average defense. New Orleans is all about offense. Green Bay is all about Rodgers slinging it. San Fran, went with a read option QB, and running QB and made it to the SB and could be again this year. Luck Throws it all over the Yard and the team he beat scored 44 points and LOST.

Sorry ,Offense is driving the train in the NFL. Will the Jets get on board?

I'm pretty sure the Raven's HC was a ST coordinator at some point.

Hue Jackson had his Oakland Raiders rolling until he lost his

QB and RB and foolishly traded for Carson Daily Palmer.

When his club dominated the Jets a couple of years ago and

looked absolutely awesome with Jason Campbell, it looked like

he was going to be very successful in Oakland, Campbell looked

awesome and the sky was the limit, then everything changed 

after Campbell got hurt.

I think Washington would have been better off with Jackson

because he has experience and his system fits the talent

in Washington, perhaps better than say a guy like Gruden,

who has been up and down with the Bengals and probably

got the job based on his big brother's success.

I don't think the Bengals lose anything with the switch

however time may prove me wrong.  I think Hue Jackson

would be ideal for Rex also.

Archived