This Mock makes sense. Khalil Mack to Jets @ 18

eboozer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think this mock fails right away with the first pick

Blue chip Left Tackles last 10-12 years and are a premium position. A LOT more #1 busts at QB than LT.

I personally think they trade out of #1 to #4-6 and still take the LT

WOW, how did you know? I actually WAS going to include COPLES in the package, rather than Wilkerson which was suggested in another thread. They are so D-lineman rich, that they certainly can afford to give one up, and Coples in reality has lost his position in this offense, as he is just not suited to be standing up.

Great guess on Coples. Do like minds think the same? because you dont want to be associated with me on this board. LOL

Budweiser/ domestic.... Heinekin/ import. We are nothing alike.

Interestingly we did use to get more people doing the "poster by team" mocks and they use to go much more smoothly back in the day. On JI Ham use to actually put together a really good one every year. Seemed like a more committed with a lesser number, group. Both here and there.

So is it better to say, everyone talks about it now but less people put in an effort? Like everything in America, instant gratification, more watered down.

It's cool everyone is into it though. I guess. *///hipster talk

My opinion is that draft talk used to be more of a niche thing whereas now it's blown up into an entire industry. It's not as fun to put the effort into something when it's so readily spoon-fed to you.

Blue chip Left Tackles last 10-12 years and are a premium position. A LOT more #1 busts at QB than LT.

Duane Brown is good.

Are you sure that there are more busts at QB's taken first overall than tackles. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would think the QB's would stand out more in people's memories and maybe the perception would override the facts.

Of course there are alot more busts at QB. Since 1936 there have only been four tackles taken at number one. Thirty one quarterbacks.

If your choice is Case Keenum, T.J. Yates or a retread free agent and a rookie LT or a guy that can be your franchise QB and Duane Brown, it really is no choice, in my opinion.

Also, if you are a GM and you pass on a QB that becomes the franchise guy for someone else, you had better make the playoffs every year because you're going to find if very hard to get another job.

Duane Brown is good.

Are you sure that there are more busts at QB's taken first overall than tackles. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would think the QB's would stand out more in people's memories and maybe the perception would override the facts.

Tony Mandarich? was he #1 overall?

Of course there are alot more busts at QB. Since 1936 there have only been four tackles taken at number one. Thirty one quarterbacks.

If your choice is Case Keenum, T.J. Yates or a retread free agent and a rookie LT or a guy that can be your franchise QB and Duane Brown, it really is no choice, in my opinion.

Also, if you are a GM and you pass on a QB that becomes the franchise guy for someone else, you had better make the playoffs every year because you're going to find if very hard to get another job.

Is there a can't miss Luck, Peyton in this draft? I don't think so. I'm just saying unless there is a can't miss.... I'd probably like to trade out of #1 if I were a GM. Most GM's go safe pick these days... they are weighed so heavily on their draft proficiency .(MT)

Is there a can't miss Luck, Peyton in this draft? I don't think so. I'm just saying unless there is a can't miss.... I'd probably like to trade out of #1 if I were a GM. Most GM's go safe pick these days... they are weighed so heavily on their draft proficiency .(MT)

I know we are talking QB's here but isnt Clowney a cant miss based on his freakish skills and worthy of #1?

Bringing up anything to do with that "sport", should be a federal offense.

I just dug the 90's themed commercial reference. Truth be told though, I'm Eastern European, it's not really my fault for any soccer references.  Raised in the states however, so football, basketball, baseball and hockey are my primaries.  However, if you ever leave the country and have a chance to get to see a soccer game, do it, it's a hell of an experience. The girls are gorgeous, the fans drink their faces off and are even more rowdy and passionate about their teams than some of the most ardent football fans, it's nutty.

I know we are talking QB's here but isnt Clowney a cant miss based on his freakish skills and worthy of #1?

Only thing that worries me about Clowney, is what's in his head. But yes, he would be worthy of a #1 IMO (whatever that's worth). Based on shear talent, Manziel is worth it also.... but again, will his game translate to the NFL?

I know the board would probably explode, but Mack at 18 would be very good value. If he played at Florida, Auburn or Michigan and not Buffalo, his name would be pretty much on par with Barr and Clowney (to an extent). It addresses a position of great need with a fantastic player and would finally give us someone to get to the QB without having to scheme.  I'd like it even more provided we address WR in free agency, which I think we'll do.  Mack would be a very good pick.

I know the board would probably explode, but Mack at 18 would be very good value. If he played at Florida, Auburn or Michigan and not Buffalo, his name would be pretty much on par with Barr and Clowney (to an extent). It addresses a position of great need with a fantastic player and would finally give us someone to get to the QB without having to scheme. I'd like it even more provided we address WR in free agency, which I think we'll do. Mack would be a very good pick.

He would indeed.

I just dug the 90's themed commercial reference. Truth be told though, I'm Eastern European, it's not really my fault for any soccer references.  Raised in the states however, so football, basketball, baseball and hockey are my primaries.  However, if you ever leave the country and have a chance to get to see a soccer game, do it, it's a hell of an experience. The girls are gorgeous, the fans drink their faces off and are even more rowdy and passionate about their teams than some of the most ardent football fans, it's nutty.

I'm sure your right, and I'm sure the view we get is a bit skewed. You know, the SET YOUR STADIUM on fire view, the KILL or MAME your enemy view, the START a RIOT view, the I am DEATHLY INJURED, WRITHE all over the stadium view, when hardly touched etc., and here in the states with crazy "SOCCER moms and dads"

My buddy refers to soccer as the WOOSIFICATION of american youth.

Archived