This Mock makes sense. Khalil Mack to Jets @ 18

eboozer

Didnt I see Derek Carr at #26 in this mock? Some say he is a top 10 QB and we pass him over for a LB. No this stinks of the Jets and REX using the BPA excuse to again draft defense.

Small issue here.  Rex isn't the GM and doesn't make the selections 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing that worries me about Clowney, is what's in his head. But yes, he would be worthy of a #1 IMO (whatever that's worth). Based on shear talent, Manziel is worth it also.... but again, will his game translate to the NFL?

Yeah, I know people will have questions related to when he took some games off, so that he wouldnt get injured, or aggravate something that was bothering him. Also, that sometimes he took plays off.

Once he was declared the "best talent in College football", he just felt the neccessity to protect that so as to guarantee he was 100% healthy come draft time, and I think he accomplihed that. Once in the pro's, I have a feeling that he will explode. His talents are just overwhelmingly scary. Best talent on defense since LT.

You know my feelings on Manziel. I am 100% convinced that he translates, and would love for Idzik to find a way to get him, but I doubt that is possible. I think he ends up in Cleveland, and Houston takes Clowney.

Ok in all honesty, NOBODY will ever, ever, never complain if whoever they take at 18 becomes a Pro Bowler, regardless of position. That is the truth. Universal back flip from the "BAP" crowd....

Sure, BUT what if the JETS say take MACK, and he becomes a pro-bowler on a defense that is good to great, and would have been good to great WITHOUT him, BUT another BPA happens to be a receiver or QB that we pass on, and he goes for 1200 yards, and 10 tds, or throws 25 Td's with 6 picks and has an 86 QBR, while our offense is still averaging like 14 points.

Sure, BUT what if the JETS say take MACK, and he becomes a pro-bowler on a defense that is good to great, and would have been good to great WITHOUT him, BUT another BPA happens to be a receiver or QB that we pass on, and he goes for 1200 yards, and 10 tds, or throws 25 Td's with 6 picks and has an 86 QBR, while our offense is still averaging like 14 points.

There's nothing to debate. Nobodies bitching about Richardson and nobody is gonna bitch about Mack if he's beast mode. 

I want the O skilled player as much as anyone. Just saying. 

By definition this couldn't happen. 

There's nothing to debate. Nobodies bitching about Richardson and nobody is gonna bitch about Mack if he's beast mode. 

I want the O skilled player as much as anyone. Just saying.

OK, Long way to go anyway. As I have said before, with all these QB's and Skilled players available, this draft should be one for the ages. Lots of trades, lots of posturing and poker playing. I will definitely need at least a 30 pack for draft day, and since its in May, I can watch it out on my deck in T-shirt and flip flops, have the Que going strong with some T-bones, and have a bunch of cold ones in my outdoor fridge. Awesome.

Interesting that this mock has 2 tight ends going in the top-ten, and a 3rd at #21.

Recent draft history suggests otherwise.  Also, gentlemen, the end of the first-round running back is upon us.  

I don't think the TE position has ever been more featured in offensive schemes as it is in todays NFL.

Colts, Dallas,Pats, SD, Miami, Bengals, Eagles. Everyone is looking for a feature TE

So, TWO bests?

I"ll buy it, but only because I wan't to see more offense.

Yeah, it gets to you at 18, and your 2 best players on your board have the SAME score. Hopefully, for the Jets, one plays offense and one plays defense, and they take the offensive player.

I could see this happening very easily, as when you get to this part of the draft, many players are VERY CLOSE, and may have the same scores.

I don't think the TE position has ever been more featured in offensive schemes as it is in todays NFL.

Colts, Dallas,Pats, SD, Miami, Bengals, Eagles. Everyone is looking for a feature TE

Yet strange that the best one's in the league aren't coming from the first round, or that production wise, RBs and WRs still make more sense.  

I know.  I play FF. 

So you're saying that you'll find a way to complain, anyway? Pretty surprising.

Sure it could. Dont some players end up with the EXACT same grade, and then you have to choose?

I don't think it's likely that they'll have two players with the same grade this early in the draft, but I'd have to believe that if they did, need would be the tie-breaker.

So you're saying that you'll find a way to complain, anyway? Pretty surprising.

I don't think it's likely that they'll have two players with the same grade this early in the draft, but I'd have to believe that if they did, need would be the tie-breaker.

Me complain? never.

I think when you start to get to the middle of the 1st round, that players could easily be bunched that close together.

When you say "need would be the tie-breaker", this would be Idziks need and not REX's need (for more defense) right?

Rang has Mack ranked 7th on his Big Board.  If the Jets took him at 18 I'd be very happy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/big-board

7. OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo (6-3, 248, 4.66): With an FBS-record 16 career forced fumbles and record-tying 75 career tackles for loss, Mack's statistics jump off the page. Against the most gifted opponents he faced this year (Ohio State, Baylor, Connecticut), it was his game that jumped off the screen. His size, instincts and agility as an edge rusher make him equally intriguing to teams operating out of a 4-3 or 3-4 alignment.

this mock makes sense in the way that a top 10 player in Mack available at 18, the Jets would swoop. 

I don't think Mack gets there. Some scouts like him more than Anthony Barr. 

but Idzik's MO is to draft a guy at 18 who should have been gone 5 or more slots earlier

this mock makes sense in the way that a top 10 player in Mack available at 18, the Jets would swoop. 

but Idzik's MO is to draft a guy at 18 who should have been gone 5 or more slots earlier

LOL

Jets traded back in Tanny's first draft, so I guess that was trader Mike's MO 

I've watched a few of his games in 2013....dont see what the hoopala about.  I'd pass and take the db from TCU if he there and WR are not over him in heartbeat.  Jets need an every down player with this pick who did he play against Stony Brook?

Lol. The man has had one draft as a GM. It's a little early to say he has an M.O.

1 draft but 2 first round picks. 

it's not alot of evidence but it's better than zero evidence. Idzik so far has proven to be all about value. He wants the guy who drops. and both of his 1st round picks were physical freaks. 

Archived