Ryan Talks NFL Combine

JetNation

RexKayRex Ryan was on the Michael Kay show and the topic was the NFL Combine.  Rex joked that the Jets will take another defensive lineman with their first pick.  Then Rex got serious and talked about how the Jets approach the combine and the 60 player interviews that they have scheduled.

Rex was also asked if Mark Sanchez will be on the Jets roster next season.  You can hear his answer and listen to the entire interview here:

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
iWsePH6Baig

View the full article

From this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327064/article/what-we-learned-combine-thursdays-18-takeaways

15. Rex Ryan started his news conference in perfect Rex style.

"Main thing about tonight is to get by without getting fined," Ryan said. "I'll open it up to questions."

And then he got really wacky, saying everyone knowsEd Reed was outstanding last season and that he'd love to have Mark Sanchez back. (Rex also talked highly of cap casualty candidate Antonio Cromartie.)

Oh boy.

Idzik should put a gag order on REX. Whenever he talks, his chances for getting another job after the Jets fire him diminish exponentially.

Jim Caldwell got a job.  Rex will be the HC of another team 15 minutes after getting fired.

Rex Ryan better let Idzik handle the NFL picks for the Jets they need offensive pieces in the worst way. 2 WRS would be nice and a pass catching tight end. The Jets have enough Defensive talent. This next NFL Draft has to be offense offense offense for the Jets.

They really think he was JOKING about another D-lineman. He really wasn't. He just plain hates offense. period.

**** a coach who doesn't trash players currently under his watch. If was head coach I would do what any other genius at the position would do - say **** Sanchez, **** Cromartie, **** whoever the other guy was, and get money. 

I'm going to say it - the only reason I don't want Sanchez back is because he was already here and sucked. I still think he's the best candidate (amongst recent bust QB prospects) in the league to pick up his game in his late 20's/early 30's. He's also, sadly, the most physically gifted QB available through FA this offseason unless you don't think Vick is a sometimes walking injury. Once again, that position is a sh*tshow for the vast majority of the league. 

**** a coach who doesn't trash players currently under his watch. If was head coach I would do what any other genius at the position would do - say **** Sanchez, **** Cromartie, **** whoever the other guy was, and get money. 

I'm going to say it - the only reason I don't want Sanchez back is because he was already here and sucked. I still think he's the best candidate (amongst recent bust QB prospects) in the league to pick up his game in his late 20's/early 30's. He's also, sadly, the most physically gifted QB available through FA this offseason unless you don't think Vick is a sometimes walking injury. Once again, that position is a sh*tshow for the vast majority of the league. 

Ummmmm..... okay.

Ummmmm..... okay.

.Eh, I think Sanchez sucked balls here but I don't think it was outright lack of talent. Just didn't have the maturity necessary for what was asked of him, always seemed like a kid who came out of school because he hated school. One of the ADD/ADHD generation and such...While I'm fine with going with a Schaub/McCown/Orton as Geno's veteran competition, if the choice is Seahawks favorite Tavaris Jackson or Sanchez I would go Sanchez. 

.Eh, I think Sanchez sucked balls here but I don't think it was outright lack of talent. Just didn't have the maturity necessary for what was asked of him, always seemed like a kid who came out of school because he hated school. One of the ADD/ADHD generation and such...While I'm fine with going with a Schaub/McCown/Orton as Geno's veteran competition, if the choice is Seahawks favorite Tavaris Jackson or Sanchez I would go Sanchez. 

You seem to be responding to something entirely different than what I got a kick out of from Rex's soundbyte. I generally agree with your thoughts on Sanchez, I was mostly saying "oh boy" about Rex's comments on Ed Reed, and his general inability to sound like anything more than a used car salesman. I honestly don't know how he pulls off the "man's man" image with the guys in the lockerroom, when he can't be straight forward and honest about things to the media.

Maybe I'm from a different generation than the players who "love" him, but I'd rather work for a guy that attacks the problems with the goal of solving them, as opposed to sugar coating them in denial or unearned praised.

You seem to be responding to something entirely different than what I got a kick out of from Rex's soundbyte. I generally agree with your thoughts on Sanchez, I was mostly saying "oh boy" about Rex's comments on Ed Reed, and his general inability to sound like anything more than a used car salesman. I honestly don't know how he pulls off the "man's man" image with the guys in the lockerroom, when he can't be straight forward and honest about things to the media.

Maybe I'm from a different generation than the players who "love" him, but I'd rather work for a guy that attacks the problems with the goal of solving them, as opposed to sugar coating them in denial or unearned praised.

No clue what this means, but when Rex is talking to the media he might as well be an actor on stage. This is most obvious during the offseason or preseason. Nobody wants to hear about "your" generation's 15 mile hikes to the sh*tter. 

No clue what this means, but when Rex is talking to the media he might as well be an actor on stage. This is most obvious during the offseason or preseason. Nobody wants to hear about "your" generation's 15 mile hikes to the sh*tter. 

Then I wish the act was a bit more Denzel, and a bit less Gallagher.

Archived