What about a pass rusher? What corners are interesting?

SenorGato

Where is that on the priorities list? OLB depth in general? A pass rushing DE, maybe? Maybe a DE/OLB prospect who sees alot of DE now that Coples is probably going to see more complex assignments (maybe)? 

There's probably some stigma against going too D heavy this offseason but no reason to rest on the laurels there. I'm very curious to see what happens at this position and CB this offseason because there's so much want for offense. 

Where is that on the priorities list? OLB depth in general? A pass rushing DE, maybe? Maybe a DE/OLB prospect who sees alot of DE now that Coples is probably going to see more complex assignments (maybe)? 

There's probably some stigma against going too D heavy this offseason but no reason to rest on the laurels there. I'm very curious to see what happens at this position and CB this offseason because there's so much want for offense. 

Cut Cro, sign Verner. Bring back Walls, Lankster et all. CB should be set if Milliner takes strides forward like he did at the end of the season. Safety is the real issue.

HOW ARE YOU. LONG TIME LISTENER FIRST TIME CALLER HERE. YA GOOD POINYS I TOTALLY THIBK WE SHOULF SIGN GREGG HARDY EVEN THOUGH IT WILL MEAN TYING UP 70 PERSENT OF OUR SALARY CAPP ON THE DLINE I DUNNO WHAT DO U THINK I'LL HANG UP AND LISSEN

q6VjYJO.gif

So guessing with the GAYS' (a ha) passive aggression - not a high priority this offseason? Was just wondering...Mods change to WR thread! 

Cut Cro, sign Verner. Bring back Walls, Lankster et all. CB should be set if Milliner takes strides forward like he did at the end of the season. Safety is the real issue.

I'm not a fan of bringing back Cromartie at all unless it's at a reduced price AND role. Verner is a quality player - will he break Woody's bank? 

Don't disagree on the safety issue at all. Allen seems like OK enough depth but wouldn't mind a complete overhaul of the starters. How did Jarrett and/or Bush look in 2013? I don't expect a starter so can they be decent DB depth? 

So Clowney ran a 4.47. Hilarious.

Chris Smith from Arkansas put up a 4.5something....A personal favorite sleeper - James Gayle - ran a 4.6...Actually at least a few interesting mid-round pass rushing prospects did alright...Jeffcoat, Martin, Marcus Smith...Those are just guys in the DL group at the combine, LBers still have to run.

What about even a LB like Mosley or Shazier? Maybe not those guys specifically but a more LBery and less DEy linebacker prospect? Someone who can run with TEs and such.

So Clowney ran a 4.47. Hilarious.

Chris Smith from Arkansas put up a 4.5something....A personal favorite sleeper - James Gayle - ran a 4.6...Actually at least a few interesting mid-round pass rushing prospects did alright...Jeffcoat, Martin, Marcus Smith...Those are just guys in the DL group at the combine, LBers still have to run.

What about even a LB like Mosley or Shazier? Maybe not those guys specifically but a more LBery and less DEy linebacker prospect? Someone who can run with TEs and such.

I like both chris smith and james gayle. watching the combine and smith definitely looks more explosive than the rest

I thought Trent Murphy (Stanford) looked the part. 6'5, 250 and was a top performer in 3-cone, Vert, and 20-shuttle; not your typical combination of size and footwork.

Reminded me of Paul Kruger.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Trent-Murphy?id=2543503

Trent Murphy: 6'5 250, 4.86, 35.5", 118" 19 reps

Dee Ford: 6'2 252 DNP

Jeremiah Attochu: 6'3 252 DNP

Chris Smith: 6'1 266, 4.71, 37", 121", 28 reps

Adrian Hubbard: 6'6 257, 4.69, 38.5", 117"

Jackson Jeffcoat: 6'3 247, 4.63, 36", 123", 18 reps

Larry Webster: 6'6 252, 4.58, 36.5", 123", 17 reps

James Gayle: 6'4 259, 4.70, 37", 122", 26 reps

Kyle Van Noy: 6'3 243, 4.71, 32.5", 112", 21 reps

I thought Trent Murphy (Stanford) looked the part. 6'5, 250 and was a top performer in 3-cone, Vert, and 20-shuttle; not your typical combination of size and footwork.  

Reminded me of Paul Kruger.  

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Trent-Murphy?id=2543503

Good exercises to nail if he's looking to play DE/OLB. I like him in this D, and Rex tends to go with taller DE/OLBs than the Steelers and similar defenses. Won't go in the first, another plus. 

Personally favorite devleopmental guys for the Jets are Murphy, Gayle, and Hubbard with all those guys you listed also quality possibilities for the mid-late rounds. Webster looks like a really interesting one for Rex to get to mold. 

Archived