Byrd might fly the coup...

Greenseed4

WGR 550 Buffalo reports the Bills are unlikely to re-sign or use the franchise tag on free agent FS Jairus Byrd.

"The two sides have had productive discussions, and while things could change, it seems at this point that the two sides will split," writes Jeremy White. White's colleague, Joe Buscaglia, is arguably the top Bills beat reporter and adds that the Bills "explored all their options, including a trade." GM Doug Whaley shot a "substantial offer" Byrd's way, but the 27-year-old seems intent on testing the market. The deadline for the Bills to use the franchise tag is Monday at 4 PM. Byrd is the top free-agent safety available. Mar 2 - 11:44 AM

He wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL.  

Current leaders in that category (base salary) 2014

1. Eric Weddle  $8,417,000

2. Troy Polomalu $8,250,000

3. Eric Weddle $7,500,000

At that ticket, as much as I'd love to have a playmaking center-fielder, we could just as easily sign a Bernard Pollard, or Donte Whitner to jar the ball free for pennies on that dollar, and attribute those monies to a more necessary position in this defense (press corner with two healthy hips, and a pass-rushing OLB).

He's going to be asking for a sh*t ton of money. Is a safety worth it?

I would say yes for the following reasons:

It's a passing league. We don't have anyone over the top that intimidates anyone, or can assist in coverage and make plays.

Case study: Seattle Seahawks

Rex's defense relies on good pass coverage.

Although we have a great defensive line, pressure only results in sacks or hurry ups a small percentage of the time. Coverage accounts for the majority of QB pressure.

I would say yes for the following reasons:

It's a passing league. We don't have anyone over the top that intimidates anyone, or can assist in coverage and make plays.

Case study: Seattle Seahawks

Rex's defense relies on good pass coverage.

Although we have a great defensive line, pressure only results in sacks or hurry ups a small percentage of the time. Coverage accounts for the majority of QB pressure.

Then why didn't they resign Revis?

Byrd is a commodity the Jets cannot afford they wouldnt pay Revis they aren't going to pay Byrd. We need offensive weapons we cant win games with defense alone.

If he wants 11-12 a year, it's worth it. With $45 million to spend this year, the draft probably costing $8 -10 million, and let's say Byrd costs 11-12, we still have $20-25mm left over to spend on offense.

If he wants 11-12 a year, it's worth it. With $45 million to spend this year, the draft probably costing $8 -10 million, and let's say Byrd costs 11-12, we still have $20-25mm left over to spend on offense.

Im seeing both sides of this Byrd is a good one upgrades the secondary immediately but we need offensive playmakers we need to score TDs.

You're such a wet blanket when you get caught being wrong and can't let it go. Move on man, get a life

LOL What was I wrong about?

and

So then drafting value is better than breaking the bank in free agency is what you're saying. I am happy we are in agreement.

And I'm the crazy one.

Im seeing both sides of this Byrd is a good one upgrades the secondary immediately but we need offensive playmakers we need to score TDs.

Signing Byrd would not prohibit the team from making a move on one of the two WRs still available in free agency. 

I think we can do both with the numbers I tossed about above. They leave room for contract restructuring (Howard possibly), Byrd, the draft, and offensive acquisitions. What I like about Byrd is that he's not even in his physical prime yet.

So then drafting value is better than breaking the bank in free agency is what you're saying. I am happy we are in agreement.

At that ticket, as much as I'd love to have a playmaking center-fielder, we could just as easily sign a Bernard Pollard, or Donte Whitner to jar the ball free for pennies on that dollar, and attribute those monies to a more necessary position in this defense (press corner with two healthy hips, and a pass-rushing OLB).

There's two Eric weddles?

Eric Weddle is making almost $16 million a year?

Revis, the gauntlet has been thrown.

You're a piece of sh*t. And an idiot to boot.

You're a piece of sh*t. And an idiot to boot.

Ok, third time in this thread alone you've posted the same quotes. Getting a little creepy, but I'll stand behind what I said earlier that we are willing to keep talking you through whatever is going on with you.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/memory-loss?page=2

Dementia. Dementia is the name for progressive loss of memory and other aspects of thinking that are severe enough to interfere with the ability to function in daily activities. Although there are many causes of dementia -- including blood vessel disease, drug or alcohol abuse, or other causes of damage to the brain -- the most common and familiar is Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's disease is characterized by a progressive loss of brain cells and other irregularities of the brain.

Memory Loss Treatment

Treatment for memory loss depends on the cause. In many cases, it may be reversible with treatment. For example, memory loss from medications may resolve with a change in medication. Nutritional supplements can be useful against memory loss caused by a nutritional deficiency. And treating depression may be helpful for memory when depression is a factor.

1. Eric Weddle $8,417,000

Sign me up for Pollard, if only to play the Pats 2 games a year

Why are you trying to antagonize me? Three posts like this. You ******* child. I suggest you stop.

Um, no. You took your butt hurt pride from the Orakpo thread and called me a ******* idiot in a completely unrelated discussion. Learn how to disagree with some maturity you ******* nut. Maybe the Internet's not the right spot for you. I feel bad for whomever you live with.

I don't know what to tell you. The guy has followed me over from the Orakpo thread where he couldn't take a counter point without having a total meltdown.

Hey a$$hole, I did counterpoint you, you ignored half of it. Then chose to focus on something I said facetiously at face value and clung to that instead of presenting a counter argument.

Hey a$$hole, I did counterpoint you, you ignored half of it. Then chose to focus on something I said facetiously at face value and clung to that instead of presenting a counter argument.

And that has what to do with the Byrd thread? I'll wait.

And that has what to do with the Byrd thread? I'll wait.

In the Orakpo thread you argued that you don't break the bank in free agency, you draft well. You know like the Seahawks and Broncos (forgetting that they were two of the three highest spending teams in the league and that the Broncos broke the bank on Peyton Manning and the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn but were lucky enough to trade him to the hapless Raiders and have Zach Miller at an 11mil cap number)

In the Byrd thread you started counting every single penny to the cap to support signing Byrd + Offense.

Archived